October 2022 Moms
Options

Induction Waitlist

hi everyone! Is anyone else having trouble getting into their hospital? My due date was October 5th. The baby has consistently measured over 9lbs (even almost 10lbs one week!) for the last 3 weeks so we got scheduled for an induction the day after our due date. We got cancelled 2hrs before and have been on the waitlist for 8 DAYS! We call every morning and we are no closer to getting in than the day before. I am 32 with no preexisting conditions and have been pretty healthy the entire pregnancy. But EIGHT DAYS! has anyone ever had this happen? What is the longest this could go on? 

Re: Induction Waitlist

• Options
    @pilateswithdrew oh my goodness, that’s ridiculous! I’ve never heard of that happening. Would you consider going to another hospital? I’d definitely talk with your OB/midwife about options. That’s too long to wait when you’re ready and are expecting a large baby. Now that you’re 41 weeks they should prioritize you. Have you had an NST?
  • Options
    he finally decided to make his arrival naturally on 10/15 after being on the induction weight list for 10 days 😭 he came almost 9lbs (super OUCH for a first time mom over here) and had to go straight to the NICU. But we are just happy he is finally here ❤️