Weekly Check-Ins/ Week of Oct 10

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday tradition (for any holiday)?

Re: Weekly Check-Ins/ Week of Oct 10

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 20 + 3

Baby is the size of a(n): banana

Team blue/pink/green: pink 

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan this week

How are you feeling?: pretty good, honestly. Love this sweet spot of the second trimester!

Rants/Raves: my skin is DRY. Seasonal changes + pregnancy does this to my skin. I have the flakiest forehead right now

Questions: nope

My boys are starting to be old enough to take on little holiday outings during Christmas time to see the lights and that’s been a real favorite the last couple of years!

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 21 weeks tomorrow 

Baby is the size of a(n): endive

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan tomorrow!

How are you feeling?: Just battling seasonal colds and allergies and fatigue.

Rants/Raves: not at the moment 

Questions: not at the moment 

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday tradition (for any holiday)? The only holiday we really get into (besides thanksgiving because who doesn't like to eat) is Christmas. We didn't always put up a tree but when we started a handful of years ago, the kids loved it so it became one of my favorite traditions. At first it was stressful but now that they are older and can figure it out themselves, it's more fun. We have an odd combination of mine and my husband's childhood ornaments, new ones, hand made ones, and names of Jesus paper ornaments. It's fun to see how the tree evolves over the years. My husband also got us hooked on Christmas music starting in November and I probably had it on my alarm clock through most of summer. We've never done Santa clause with our children but I'm quite sure Christmas is still their favorite time of the year.

• Loading the player...
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 22 w 

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut

Team blue/pink/green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: currently Nov 3 but I’m switching to a different hospital 

How are you feeling?: Physically, good. Emotionally, exhausted. 

Rants/Raves: I just love feeling my little guy wiggle around every day 💙 I’m thankful to know he’s safe daily. 

Questions: Any other mommas have a potential CHD diagnosis for their littles? I know the odds are slim but I figured it couldn’t hurt to ask again. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday tradition (for any holiday)? All the Christmas traditions. We love celebrating Jesus. We bake a TON of cookies all together. We always drive around and look at lights Christmas Eve and have hot cocoa. Christmas movies. Christmas breakfast. A slow Christmas Day. It’s my favorite. 

I love that everyone has said Christmas so far as well. There’s something I’ve always loved so much about that season. 

• EDD / Weeks + Days: Feb 16th - 21w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): baby bok choy

Team blue/pink/green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: OB on Thursday (first time ever seeing someone other than a MW!)

How are you feeling?: Generally okay but I have no stamina - stairs are the worst! I also have been waking from around 2-4 or 3-5 most mornings which is just not fun. I'm not looking forward to my pregnancy insomnia getting worse.

Rants/Raves: I'm back to teaching in person again for the first time since Feb/Mar 2020! It was surreal and exciting to get to actually see my students in person again - I teach at a university. Of course, I already had one student miss class with Covid but we've kept some of our online workarounds in place so students shouldn't get too behind if they have to miss class. I meet another batch of students on Thursday. On the one hand, I really missed people. On the other hand, seeing the masses of young humanity swarming around campus yesterday was a bit intimidating  :D

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What’s your favorite holiday tradition (for any holiday)? This is actually a really hard question for me. I share custody of my older kids which means I only get them for every other holiday, and it's more related to school schedules than national or religious events. I guess I'd say that setting up and watching them do an Easter egg hunt in the back garden is my favorite thing. They love it and our sweet neighbor next door loves to watch/listen to it too and they lower a little chocolate something for each kid over our shared fence. It's really sweet. Personally, I love New Year's Eve because I love the turning of the year and welcoming a change. In the years I don't have the kids I go to Italy and we watch the midnight fireworks over the bay from our friends garden and it's magical. When this baby is born he can hang out with Nonna and Nonno while we go party 😁

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 23 weeks tomorrow 

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut for now, we’ll see tomorrow! 

Team blue/pink/green: 💓

Upcoming Appointments: Had one today with new doctor, have another Tuesday with my doctor at home. 

How are you feeling?: I feel good, but tired. I also am struggling to sleep and my hips hurt sleeping on my side (I’m usually a back sleeper). I love feeling her move around, but I’m also ready to be done already. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

I also love Christmas! We decorate the night of thanksgiving after dinner if we’re not home too late. This year we’ll be traveling and will have just moved into our temporary apartment so I’ll get a small tree up when I can and won’t decorate too much other than the stockings. However, we used to live in this area years ago and they have a walk through Christmas story and I’m super excited to take my son through for the first time! 

• amccurlsamccurls member
    edited October 2022
    @skibunnie2 I have tailbone pain too. I usually sit on a ball chair at work, use a heating pad at home, and try to change positions often. So if it hurts while sitting I’ll stand for a bit and vice versa. 
  • @cpk3535 oh Kaiser…. I had them with my other two pregnancies and I don’t for this one so it feels all new and very weird. 

@amccurls so much hip pain here too when I sleep on my side. I’m not a back sleeper at all but it is way more comfortable for me and I know you aren’t really supposed to sleep on your back 🤷🏻‍♀️

@fertile-turtle it was so amazing for me watching my husband with our daughter. He was also not a huge kid person and I didn’t really get to see him around kids much but he’s an awesome father.   

• @karbaud mine usually go up 2 cup sizes and are even bigger for a while after birth. When I was done nursing after a decade of this, they were actually smaller but my back felt better...until now. I imagine it's difficult for those who already have a larger chest. I think I bought nursing bras too soon this time and might need to go up a cup size. 
  • cpk3535cpk3535 member
    edited October 2022
    @angbaby83 and other toddler moms… OMG, my daughter has been so off the last couple of nights for sleep. Today, I’m going to make sure she gets a ton of activity and tonight we’re going to sleep early, no matter what else is going on in the house. I’m going to lose my mind over here if I have to stay up this late again!! Maybe we’re switching to her no nap time zone…ugh 😣

@ttc3y When I was pregnant the first time, my boobs didn’t expand much until the very end. I’m also not that big of a person normally, so I remember actually being the biggest for like a month right at the end of pregnancy and then I went back down to fairly normal size (like maybe 1 cup size larger) after baby was born. Good news is that it didn’t seem to affect my milk supply to be a smaller mama boob-wise. If anything, my SIL who is naturally much bigger than me had a much harder time with breast feeding because her nipples were so big for baby’s mouth. This round, I’m much bigger now because i was still breastfeeding my toddler when we got pregnant, but normally I wouldn’t be this big yet!