Weekly Check-in - w/o October 3

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What was the last concert you saw?
Me: 34  DH: 34
Married 10/28/17
Our TTC Journey
TTC #1 February '18
Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: Weekly Check-in - w/o October 3

• Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: Feb 4/22+2

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut 

Team blue/pink/green: blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: regular midwife appointment on Thursday

How are you feeling?: 

Still getting headaches every morning, and I’m more fatigued than I was, with some mystery bruises like I used to get when I was anemic, so I plan to ask my midwife on Thursday about blood work to check for anemia. It could just be allergies and bad sleep from them, but I’d like to make sure.

Rants/Raves: 

Rave: We’ve got some friends and their kids coming up this weekend and we get to do fun things like go to the zoo and to our alma mater’s homecoming. Their kids are 4 and 1, so both events should be pretty fun for them, and for us to get to enjoy with them.

Questions: natm 

I think Radiohead in 2018 or 2019. It was a really good show with some really good friends ❤️

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 20 weeks tomorrow 

Baby is the size of a(n): banana 🍌

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: ultrasound next Tuesday! It'll be our first official US. We had a quick one just to find heartbeat at 12 weeks. Hopefully this will confirm she's really indeed a girl. 

How are you feeling?: good! 

Rants/Raves: nothing I can think other than I hear the price on used and somewhat new vehicles is going way down around February. We need at 8 passenger at least so this is good news. 

Questions:

GTKY: What was the last concert you saw? JJ Heller 4 years ago. Unless you count the summer cover band concerts at the park. Those are always interesting.
  • Options
    karbaudkarbaud member
    edited October 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: Feb 8 / 21w + 5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Endive
    Team blue/pink/green: Blue
    Upcoming Appointments: Oct 21 routine appointment + ultrasound to check my cervical length
    How are you feeling?: Okay. Lots of tailbone and back pain. I still get dizzy quite a bit and almost fainted again a few days ago. Also, I can tell while dancing that my balance is off now.
    Rants/Raves:
    Rant #1—People are already touching my belly without asking. I wouldn't even want people touching if they asked, but five people at my dance class touched it today. It happens so fast that I can't even say no. Then, they just want to talk about the pregnancy. By that point, I was so annoyed that I didn't even try to fake any enthusiasm.
    Rant #2— I cannot wait until I can enjoy a shower again. The stream of water hurts my nipples so bad (TMI). It's not relaxing at all!
    Rave #1—I'm participating in inktober, and I've really enjoyed having time to draw again.
    Rave #2—I have about 14 days of vacation to use up by the end of December. I'm excited to have time off, but I don't have a vacation planned. I need to figure out what to do with my days.
    Questions: None at the moment.
    GTKY: What was the last concert you saw? My last in-person concern would have been the iHeartRadio Jingle Ball in LA in 2019. I specifically went to see BTS. Since then, I've watched multiple BTS live concerts online.
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 20+5

Baby is the size of a(n): endive

Team blue/pink/green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: Next week with OB bc I'm old

How are you feeling?: Okay. My back is starting to hurt and I still have morning headaches. Mostly I'm lacking in stamina so having to pace myself and give myself more time to get places - I can still power through but then I am totally wiped out.

Rants/Raves: I guess this is both a rant/rave. I saw the MFM for my 20-week US and everything with the baby looks great! Pretty much everything was bang on average. However, I have slightly higher than average blood flow to one side of the placenta which carries a 20% risk of developing preeclampsia or having growth restriction (so 80% chance that won't happen). I've been put on a daily dose of baby aspirin and I'm now getting ultrasounds every four weeks to check growth so I've now got one coming up at 24 and 28 for this, and already was offered them at 32 and 36 because of my age. Previously I only had two per pregnancy (12 and 20) so this seems like A LOT of ultrasounds! But it's a good thing because I'm happy to see baby and I am glad that they are keeping an eye on things even though I'm sure everything will be fine.

Questions: Natm

GTKY: What was the last concert you saw? I think the last concert I got tickets for was the Indigo Girls in Oct '19 just before the lockdowns. I saw them for the first time in '02 and they were amazing. They are definitely older now but the music still speaks to my soul. I also saw a few summer concerts at the beach when I was home this summer but it was background music and I have no idea who they were. 😂
  • Options
    @Paturkey, my OB put me on a daily dose of baby aspirin at 16 weeks as a precautionary measure due to my age. I have no idea how many ultrasounds I’ll be getting. My fourth US will be at 24 weeks to check my cervical length due to small concerns with the length at my last US. I do like getting more ultrasounds as that’s the only way that I feel confident that everything is going well.
  • Options
    @angbaby83 hope your appointment gives you someeeee piece of mind this week! This is my first pregnancy and although it took awhile to get to that point I have no prior losses and I’m still a wreck sometimes! I’ll get this stressful gut feeling in the pit of my stomach sometimes with the amount I worry🥴 I’m hoping my anatomy scan helps! 

I love fitz and the tantrums! I was actually on the same flight as them from LAX to Orlando 4 or 5 years ago. It was midnight and they looked exhausted so I didn’t ask them for pictures or autographs but I kinda regret it. I just took creepy pictures of them from a far lol. 
  • Options
    @karbaud I had a similar issue with the nipple pain, but mine came the other day when I went into a highly air conditioned store after my toddler was nursing in the car. It hurt sooo bad. My nipples have never been this touchy. 😣

EDD / Weeks + Days: 21W today

Baby is the size of a(n): baby bok choy 

Upcoming Appointments: next Wednesday with the OB/GYN. I’m trying to discuss the ultrasound via messaging before that, but nothing urgent so far.

How are you feeling?: Exhausted! This has been the wussiest I’ve ever felt during pregnancy. I try to exercise and I just feel tired…Trying to go easy on myself. My stomach is feeling better most of the time, still some nausea. Getting lots of headaches and my allergies are driving me nuts!! I’m trying to use Flonase to help…

Rants/Raves: Our girls have been so good most of the time and then they drive each other crazy sometimes. It’s a weird age gap, but also a good thing. Our oldest is 11 and our little one is 2, so a big transition time for both of them. Our toddler is almost potty trained, but seems to be taking the slow route to fully potty trained, lol (“Don’t pressure me!!”). I’m a little annoyed with my husband and my older daughter acting like they’re as tired or more tired than me lately- I’m five months pregnant- what’s their excuse?!? 

Questions: As I said, I got my ultrasound measurements back from Kaiser, but no chat with the doctor yet about them. Two things that stuck out to me were the baby’s head circumference looks a little on the smaller side (23%, 17.31 cm) and my cervical length looks a little long (4.9 cm). Any thoughts? I know the longer cervical length might imply I’m a more likely candidate for another c-section, but I’d like to go VBAC if possible.

GTKY: What was the last concert you saw? Last year, post lockdown we went to see Brad Paisley in Las Vegas. He was kicking off a tour and had a couple of little Vegas concerts to warm up again! Lots of fun.
  • Options
    @cpk3535 I looked into the cervical length measurements when I had my anatomy scan, and based on papers I’ve found, there’s a slight statistical association between longer second trimester cervical length and higher rates of C-sections, but it’s pretty weak and what cutoffs they used seems to be pretty variable. It’s also possible for things like bladder fullness and Braxton-Hicks contractions to make the cervix measure longer than it “should” be (at least, that’s what the tech told us when she had me go pee again and then waited like 5 minutes to measure again). 

Other indicators seem to be a lot more valuable when determining how likely a successful VBAC is, like maternal BMI, having had a successful vaginal birth before, and whether your first c-section was because of something unique to that pregnancy (like a breech baby) or a recurring indication. So while it’s certainly good to be prepared for the possibility that you may not be able to have a VBAC, I wouldn’t let the long cervical length bother you too much. 
  • Options
    @fertile-turtle Okay, good to know! I’ve had one successful vaginal birth and last one was an emergency c-section only because baby went breech after we went into labor. The doc I saw last week said I could always plan for a scheduled c-section if natural birth didn’t seem to be happening. 
  • Options
    @cpk3535 cervical length is very easily measured inaccurately (or at least less accurately) if not done exactly right. Transvaginally is the most accurate way. Transabdominal gives a good idea but like @fertile-turtle said, things like full bladder can easily skew it. 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: Feb 1 / 23wks

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit

Upcoming Appointments: Regular prenatal next week

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. The adjustment from my OB seems to be holding, so the pelvic pain is still at bay for now. I am sore, but it's a different feeling and more soreness than pain.

Rants/Raves: Next weekend we are having DS' 4th birthday and he won't decide on a theme and it's driving me crazy. I want to order the decorations but I can't if he doesn't make up his mind! It's also been cold and rainy all week and I just want to curl up in bed.

Questions: None at the moment.

GTKY: What was the last concert you saw? I honestly can't remember, LOL. Yes, I know I asked the question but I am having a terrible time remembering. Post Malone is coming to town next Monday and I really want to go see him, so I am hoping that we can make that happen, which is why my brain went to concerts. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 22 + 3 

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut 

Team blue/pink/green: Pink 

Upcoming Appointments: Tuesday! I’m meeting with the nurse practitioner in the new practice. Had to find a new doctor due to moving in a few weeks and apparently doctors here won’t take you as a 3rd trimester transfer so I had to come early. 

How are you feeling?: I feel good! First trimester was rough, but second is better. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - this low back pain is frustrating but I guess not as bad as my first. Rave - I’m happy that I’ve found a new doctor and I get to relax and prep for a few months before she comes! 

Questions:

It was a combination of Rend Collective, Kari Jobe, Housefires, and Hillsong United. It was maybe 8 years ago.