April 2023 Moms

Pregnancy Rage?

Usually I'm a pretty patient, positive and calm person. But lately I've felt my blood boil on a daily basis. Unfortunately my significant other takes the brunt of this - every little mess-up he does drives me nuts (and they seem to be increasing - is it just me?!) to the point where I just want to avoid him. I'm the opposite of clingy and just want my space to find some peace. I can be having a relatively good day, then something happens (at home or at work) and I can literally feel the rage rise. My first trimester was a bit rough with nausea and feeling extremely tired yet I can't get a full night's rest because I'm always tossing and turning and having to get up to pee. But this rage is honestly something else. Is this a new symptom? Or is it a culmination of months without adequate sleep? My own emotions scare me and I'm certainly not living the "free-spirited loving pregnant mermaid vibe" I had hoped for. It's hard to even find gratitude, yet I know I have so much to be grateful for.

Am I alone on this? How long will this last? I'm having a hard time coping and hoping this doesn't get worse.

Re: Pregnancy Rage?

• You’re not alone! I felt exactly the same way for roughly 1.5 months. I knew in my head that it was just the hormones messing with me but it didn’t change how I felt. I took a magnesium supplement from time to time in order to calm down. Thankfully things seem to be coming back around. I’m starting to be less of a nightmare to be around, my husband can confirm that. Lol