Postpartum Depression

Going through ppd alone

ztarztrukztarztruk member
edited September 2022 in Postpartum Depression
In the heat of an argument my husband made it clear and said " you can go through this postpartum stuff by yourself, so figure it out on your own" so here I am..last time I went through it alone as well(my choice, felt like I didn't have nobody) and we had lots of marital issues. Sucks to not feel supported by your spouse, just the fact that he said that..makes me feel crappy!

Re: Going through ppd alone

• I wish I saw this sooner!! I'm in the same boat--and my LO is nearly 7 months, and I'm still experiencing a deep depression/disconnect. 
    I do believe that it has lasted this long because I have no real support from my boyfriend, the one I need it from the most. 
    It is like my family always will support me, but with a baby with someone, it makes it so hard when whom you need that support from is just uncaring about your feelings. 

I wrote little (trying to make myself laugh) anecdotes in the Families message board while my boyfriend and I fought last night. 
    I know arguments are no laughing matter. Especially when there is so much hurt within them. 
    But, I wrote on these message boards as it is a good place to vent! Also, to know you are not alone most of all. 

Husbands/Boyfriends really suck sometimes! It may be they don't know what to say to make it better (somehow even when we say exactly what we want them to say and they just have to repeat it haha) 
    I find that is why they say it is for ourselves to work it out. 
    *HUG*
  • Thanks..its gotten much worst..he's called me fat and threatened me by saying he'll hurt me..I feel helpless.
  • Loading the player...
  • We're so sorry to hear about the difficult time you’re going through. We want to make sure you’re safe and provide you with as much help as we can. We absolutely recommend speaking to someone, like a family member, friend, or a counselor, if you're having a difficult time. There are many free and confidential counseling hotlines out there as well, such as 7 Cups of Tea, The Samaritans, or these resources from the Office on Women's Health. You can also call 800-273-TALK if you need someone to talk to, and should always call 911 immediately if you feel you or someone else is in danger. We’ll be thinking of you!

http://www.womenshealth.gov/mental-health/hotlines/
    http://www.thehotline.org/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"