January 2023 Moms
Options

Baby shower before or after thanksgiving?

Hello mamas. I am trying to figure out a date for my baby shower. Would the Sunday before thanksgiving work better or the Sunday after thanksgiving? I’m not sure if either of these dates are inconsiderate of what others have going on with holidays and all.

Re: Baby shower before or after thanksgiving?

• Options
    Whenever you want. If ppl are going to show up they will. Never plan things around others and their availability. My baby shower is Nov. 12th
  • Options
    A lot of people travel the Sunday of Thanksgiving, if you have out of town family closer for Thanksgiving, maybe that works better for you and whoever is hosting 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Before so that whatever you don’t get you can get on Black Friday sale 😂
  • Options
    I'm planning for Dec 3rd so it is between the two big holidays. Kinda just sticking with the motto that if they actually want to be there then they will come. I feel like baby showers are very stressful because I don't want to wait to see what gets purchased. I just want to buy everything now!🤣
    Question: when is it too early to start sharing your registry?? 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Mine is Nov 12 too! Wanted to get it out of the way before everyone gets tied up in holiday chaos
  • Options
    Mine is also Nov 12! My exact reasoning was trying to get what wasn’t purchased from the registry on Black Friday sale so I can be settled when the Christmas stuff starts setting in for December. I want to enjoy our last Christmas season as a couple and just keep things low key. 
  • Options
    Thats smart thinking 😂 
  • Options
    Great minds think alike 🌹
  • Options
    Yes. My bday is December 4th so I want everything to be in order by then so I can enjoy Christmas. Last year I had COVID on Christmas so I was a little sad. this year I plan to take a road trip so everythinggggg has to be in order. 
  • Options
    isarhaneisarhane Just Joined
    > @willrunforcookies said:
    > A lot of people travel the Sunday of Thanksgiving, if you have out of town family closer for Thanksgiving, maybe that works better for you and whoever is hosting 

I agree you. but still the decision is the owner of the post
  • Options
    @isarhane of course it is, but she asked for insight and that's what I gave. I didn't tell her what to do one way or the other.