May 2023 Moms

GTKY: Significant Others

(Taken from March 23 and April 23 BMBs)

-How did you and your SO meet?
-What does your SO do for a living? 
-What do you wish this LO gets from your SO (either physically or personality wise)?

Re: GTKY: Significant Others

• -How did you and your SO meet? We met on Tinder. DH was new to the area and I had finished college and was looking to meet new people. This was early 10's neither of us realized it was an app for hook ups haha. We met at a nature preserve for our first date and hiked. We since got engaged there, taken family photos there and go regularly with the kids for hikes and walks. It was also a popular spot my late grandfather would take us as kids, so it's very special!
    -What does your SO do for a living? He does project management for a commercial real estate company.
    -What do you wish this LO gets from your SO (either physically or personality wise)? Well, both boys look EXACTLY like him, so it would be nice for this babe to maybe look a bit like me  :D  He's has the best blue/grey eyes, so if all kids have his eyes that would be awesome. I hope that all of our kids get his thoughtfulness and sense of adventure.
  • -How did you and your SO meet? we met in college
    -What does your SO do for a living? he is the director of membership for an org
    -What do you wish this LO gets from your SO (either physically or personality wise)? he's a really kind person. he's also tall so if we have a boy, that. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Loading the player...
  • -How did you and your SO meet?
    In high school- marching band to be exact. I was a freshman when he moved to our school from three hours away as a junior. We didn’t talk (I actually didn’t think I liked him) until the next year when I almost fainted at band camp and he came to check on me. The rest is history, as they say! we will have been together for 20 years in October :) 

He is a drug and alcohol counselor at an all male prison. He worked very hard to get his degree online after our son was born, and he’s been doing this for three years now. 

-What do you wish this LO gets from your SO (either physically or personality wise)?
    He’s very friendly- has never met a stranger. Looks wise, our son looks like me, even though we thought his American Indian genes would be stronger, so I know he’s hoping this one looks more like him. it’ll be interesting to see if this one has his cowlick in the front too, like he and our son have 😉 
  • ceclarlinetloceclarlinetlo member
    edited September 2022
    Edit to add/*correct* details.

We went to the same middle school and high school. We started dating in 10th grade. We’ve been together 18 years, married for 13. 

He is a family physician. It’s a bit wild that when I joined my BMB for our oldest he was just graduating from *medical school* and now he’s been out of residency for 3 years. 

intelligence, work ethic and sense of humor. Both our older kids have my eye color so it would be nice to have a child with his too. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• @ashleyp625 what did you play? I did marching band in high school too, and I played clarinet through college. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• @ashleyp625 what did you play? I did marching band in high school too, and I played clarinet through college. 
    My main instrument was flute, but when we met, I was playing marching mellophone. I also play lots of string instruments and piano. I’m currently an orchestra teacher 😉 
  • radioactivetradioactivet member
    edited September 2022
    The internet! On a dating site I'm embarrassed to name. 

Rural family physician. 

SO is incredibly intelligent, tender hearted, and honest about how he is feeling. You can't ask for more than that in a child. 
  • -How did you and your SO meet? Work (I wan an EMT and ems dispatcher and he a paramedic at the time)
    -What does your SO do for a living? He was a firefighter for 16 years and this year decided to change careers. He just got his CDL and will be starting at a construction company as an aerial crew member doing fiber optic cable work. 
    -What do you wish this LO gets from your SO (either physically or personality wise)? His work ethic and playfulness. Also probably his hair esp if it’s a boy. 
  • -How did you and your SO meet? We met online after I relocated to his city for a job (that didn't work out) so I stayed to be with him
    -What does your SO do for a living? He's an accountant for an educational curriculum company.
    -What do you wish this LO gets from your SO (either physically or personality wise)? Well I hope they get his button nose instead of my beak and his strength, and personality-wise, I hope they get his ability to empathize, listen, and care for people the way he does. He wouldn't agree, but I also hope they get his dark hair. Who wants dishwater blonde if they can avoid it?
  • -How did you and your SO meet? I was selling cars he came in and bought a brand new car from me. The next month he came in and got another brand new and a few months later he got a third. It was a very expensive pursue 😂

-What does your SO do for a living? He drives semi for UPS

-What do you wish this LO gets from your SO (either physically or personality wise)? He has really nice lips and I need to use filler to get any kind of lips 😂 He’s also very smart, hard working and super family oriented