March 2023 Moms

Board Organization

2»

Re: Board Organization

• My September 18 groups went to private then pro boards. Some of us are still active on there but most just friended each other on Facebook. For those of us without social media it kind of sucks. 😢
  • My Sept '17 went to FB and then split in half after 1.5 years I think. The group is very inactive now, but we'll get on and post updates every few months.
    My Jan '20 group went private and then moved to Slack? I didn't migrate with them.
    My June '21 group went private and then FB group. It's still fairly active with weekly posts.
  • Loading the player...
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited August 2022
    I had my first in 2010 and I still talk to a lot of the ladies that I met on TB pretty frequently. And basically all my other BMB'S too. Lots of honorary Aunties! 😂 All the groups usually go through their quiet periods but we try to check in occasionally. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @marebear15 oh a slack group is VERY appealing as someone who uses Slack all day, every day, for work! 
  • @marebear15 oh a slack group is VERY appealing as someone who uses Slack all day, every day, for work! 
    Never heard of it, but interested. Pro boards is clunky. 
  • It’s basically a chat tool used by most organizations (or they use Teams or something kinda like it). You can do 1:1 or 1:x chats, create channels, and it’s generally a solid way to communicate vs logging into forums. I am a part of my company’s workspace, but then also a few networking groups, and finally a more casual friends chat (rarely used). 

For something like a migrating BMB, it would actually be pretty cool, and effective for organizing conversations. 
  • @heytallmama That sounds cool! We use Teams at my workplace. I find it very useful and user friendly. 
  • I only discovered the BMBs with my Sept 21 baby, so it’s coming up on first birthdays in that group and therefore it’s pretty active. We moved to FB in July/august I believe. I hate these boards so the move to a different platform was very welcome. 
  • When I post a reply, I am unable to add a picture to my post! The only option I have above my text box is to select from a list of emojis. How do I post a picture?
  • @mikibird I'm not sure how it is for everyone else, but I have the app and a little image icon that I click. 

• @heytallmama - I use Slack at work too, but I purposely don't have the app on my phone. After I have a baby, I'm not at work/my desktop, I'm at home and only use my phone, so the migration didn't really appeal to me. 

But we can discuss this all when we get closer to a migration date, and figure out what people would best enjoy!
  • @heytallmama @miss_lynn9 I love hearing your stories about long-lasting friendships from your bump boards! So sweet. I really hope to be able to attend any future group meetups. I'll probably be moving back to the US in the next 1.5-2 years.
  • I love my 2021 board; we moved to a private board and then facebook. Most of us still talk daily in a group chat!