Infertility

IVF NEWBIE

Hi all - my husband and I decided to go the IVF route and I’m looking for any tips. Tricks, organizational ideas! What worked for you?!

Re: IVF NEWBIE

• @emilyelizabeth58 Hi! Welcome to the forum! 
    My recommendation is for you and your husband to do some preconception work at least 3 months prior to the egg retrieval to optimize your potential and success.  The book I recommend to help is “ It Starts With the Egg” by Rebecca Fett. She has science evidence based recommendations to follow. I wish you the very best on your fertility journey! ❤️
  • I actually just got this book!
  • Loading the player...
  • Be prepared for the long road. It is great if things go as planned but if you are ytoo optimistic, any setbacks will hit you hard.
    The process is tough physically but a lot more draining emotionally.
    Take one day at a time and be kind to folks around you. They do not understand the process and their words may hurt you but it is not their fault. Ask for help from and let them help you.
  • also fairly new to ivf but one thing that has really made this process a lot easier is my clinic and doctor. make sure you feel safe and trust your doctors.
    best of luck
    xx
  • I went through 6 rounds of IVF. I know this is hard but try to stay positive. Take care of yourself physically and emotionally. Create boundaries and you don't have to explain anything to anyone-unless you want to. Don't be shy to reach out to your doctor and nurses to help you in any way. They should be there for you. Also, I have a lot of unopened and properly stored Menapure and Cetrotide if you are interested. Good luck on your journey!
  • Ask the doctor every single question that pops into your head, even if you think it's silly. Don't leave your consultation with anything unanswered or you'll dwell on it and make yourself anxious!