Health & Exercise

Tips on exercising in 1st Tri

Does anyone have any favorite exercise routines for the first trimester?
I am a healthy body weight but I have never really exercised much. I know that it is not a good idea to start a serious exercise regiment like running now that I am pregnant because my body is not used to it. But I need to find an exercise routine that will help me stay fit and will hopefully build some muscle during the pregnancy.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Tips on exercising in 1st Tri

• Speaking about favorite exercises I can say that yoga is great thing. it can helps you to stay in good shape and do not harn your body. Truly say I am not big fan of physical actions, so for weight lose I used non surgical ways such as body contouring. I did it on  beautyfixmedspa.com
    I hope it can help you.
  • I have been walking a *ton* which is super easy and then I don't have to worry about getting to the gym. You can also try prenatal yoga! It's really gentle on your body and the best part is you get to meet other moms :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • I started going to a refit class the beginning of the year. It's similar to Zumba I think. Look up Refit Revolution on YouTube, they have some great workouts! It is pretty high energy, but my one instructor is pregnant, so I sort of watch her😊 I try to go once a week. I also loove Denise Austin dvds. I do have a prenatal one I'll use later (I'm still in the 1st trimester too) but right now I do her daily dozen workouts. Only 12 minutes a day! It's cardio one day, upper body and abs another day, lower body and abs, kickboxing cardio and yoga. I love it because you feel like you are getting the full benefits but it's very easy to work into your schedule. I know it can be hard, especially if you are tired or sick. But I've actually found if I stick to it, it can help my energy to stay up!
  • Doing steady-state cardio, like running, walking, or swimming is always good as long as you can handle it, and your doctor says it is okay. If you're looking to do more than that, I recommend bodyweight exercises: https://www.openfit.com/best-bodyweight-exercises

Though lifting weights aren't dangerous for the baby, there is a chance you could drop the weight and get hurt, so it's better to be safe than sorry. Pull-ups, planks, body squat, jumping jacks, etc. are all things that I did during my pregnancy, and I was able to stay in shape and delivered a super healthy baby. Bodyweight exercise also is not only good for building strength but increasing mobility too, which is something you tend to lose when pregnant. 
  • birthe76240birthe76240 Just Joined
    edited April 2020
    ToU Violation removed

• If you are healthy and your pregnancy is normal, it is very safe to continue or start regular physical activity. Physical activity does not increase the risk of miscarriage, low birth weight, or early delivery. It is best to favor low-impact exercises, especially walking, yoga, and swimming, during this time.