November 2022 Moms

Weekly Check in Week of 7/25

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY - If you could live in the universe of a book, which one would it be?

Re: Weekly Check in Week of 7/25

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 5th

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: I have an ultrasound tomorrow and then the glucose screening/appt. in a few weeks. 

How are you feeling?: So huge ( not a feeling I know, but I am definitely waddling around)

Rants/Raves: I can't figure out what I need right now to stay calm and not stressed out.  I don't want people to do things for me, but at the same time I want help with some things. I feel very fickly about everything. 

Questions: Does everyone have their carseats?  Should I get our new one now?

GTKY - If you could live in the universe of a book, which one would it be? I would live in the universe of the Alanna the Lioness series. Lots of magic and action. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 24w5d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: 24 week appointment tomorrow. I have to try to get booked with my regular doctor for 28 weeks so I can book my c section!

How are you feeling?: Ugh. Got heartburn pretty bad. And I feel like I can barely function without a nap. Going to have to get them to check my liver enzymes because my ankles have definitely been itchy lately *sigh*

Rants/Raves: My parents are finally heading home so we can get rid of this freaking dog soon!

Questions:

GTKY - If you could live in the universe of a book, which one would it be? oof, good question. Maybe a Jane Austen novel? Or maybe I'm just thinking that because I was talking about regency dress earlier lol
    Most of what I read is post apocalyptic type stuff and I definitely don't want to be in that sort of universe lol
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  Nov 13 / 24+1

Upcoming Appointments or Results: this week redo AS and 24 week check up. I am ready for a scheduled date for this c-section. 

How are you feeling?: feeling good. Nausea is back randomly. It’s triggered by smells and textures. 

Raves: her room is painted and the extra bed furniture is set up. We decided to leave the bed room furniture for rough nights so one of us can stay in the room with her and one of us get a little sleep and switch off. We are just waiting on her crib to arrive! AND he is going to take his 16 weeks paternity leave after I have to return to the office so baby doesn’t have to go into daycare so young. So she will be almost a year old before I have to stress over leaving her. 

GTKY - If you could live in the universe of a book, which one would it be? Outlander! I loved every book and watched most of the TV series but the books were so good. 
  • Gingermom15Gingermom15 member
    edited July 2022
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 23+4. 11/17. 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Prenatal this Friday. 

How are you feeling?: decent. Struggling to breathe when I walk long distances or up the stairs lol

Rants/Raves: my husband is out of town until early august. Whenever he has to be away for longer periods, my kids go haywire. Screaming, fighting, not listening. It’s really getting to me this time. I need a break. 

Questions:

GTKY - If you could live in the universe of a book, which one would it be? Lord Of The Rings, but only the good parts where I don’t leave the Shire and I can eat and roam all day. 
  • Gingermom15Gingermom15 member
    edited July 2022
    @ponyoisfun we have a convertible seat we got from Chicco as a replacement when a part on my daughters seat broke. We upgraded her to a harness booster and saved that one for baby. I bought an infant seat from BBB because they have the Fit2 in grey/beige super cheap right now. 

@mflowers929 I can’t believe it’s time for you to book that! I didn’t book my repeat until 37 weeks. I’m hoping to get a date sooner this time but it all depends on our growth scan at 28. 
  • @ponyoisfun I meant to answer this lol. I got our new Graco Snugride on Prime days. We'll be installing the base when we move the car seats to the new jeep =)

@Gingermom15 oof, see, that seems late to me. Was it an elective or because of medical issues? Mine was an "elective" - I have a family history of problems with giving birth and talked it over with my mom, hubby, and doctor and we all decided it was better to just go ahead and do c section. I actually talked to two other doctors before "my" doctor and they both wanted me to do a trial labor and I said no and just kept asking (at my hospital it's a clinic where you see whatever doctor is in that day). When I finally got on with my doctor and explained my reasons she said "yeah, no problem" and booked when she had her schedule the next time she saw me, which happened to be 28 weeks. With my daughter I saw her most of the way through my pregnancy and she again booked me at my 28 week appointment.
    The bonus is that because I booked it so early I was first on the docket both times, and didn't get bumped for an emergency, so less time for me to be anxious about it lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 I thought it felt late! I’m hoping to get an earlier schedule this time but we’ll see. 
    It was for my second, which was a repeat. My first was emergent (cord prolapse). 0/10 experience and with the complications leading to an early induction, I wish I would have pushed to just do a cs instead. My planned c section was an absolute breeze. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 25w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Had to go in today for a pre-op urine sample/culture, regular OB appt tomorrow, pre-op appt Wednesday, and ureteroscopy and laser lithotripsy Thursday. PT next week.

How are you feeling?: Lots of pain the last few days. My hips are starting to get achy too. Looking forward to PT next week to start relieving some of the tightness from limited movement over the last couple weeks. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - project remodel nursery slowed drastically. DH and my FIL worked on it all weekend and ran into some issues. When the last homeowner reinsulated the attic they just piled it on top of 6 in. of wood shavings rather than properly remove them. So when they went to tear out the ceiling, it just started falling on them in heaps. Such a mess and took forever to clean out. Drywall comes on Friday, but my dad is going to help remove an old doorway that used to open to a 2nd floor porch and can't help until 3 weeks from now because of a last minute training in KY for work. Can't hang the drywall until that is sealed. I've been forbidden from helping because I push myself to hard, so I spent the weekend selecting paint samples and saving decor ideas on Etsy.

Rave - Baby is getting so active! It feels like he's doing acrobatics in there. DS has gotten to feel him kick and absolutely loves it. 

GTKY - If you could live in the universe of a book, which one would it be? The Awakening by Nora Roberts. A world filled with fae, dragons, etc. 

@ponyoisfun I haven't gotten purchases anything for this baby yet. I feel so behind!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/2, 25w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: OB appt and lab work this week including GTT

How are you feeling?: I feel good most of the time. Right now having extra fatigue and some sinus drainage that is annoying.

Rants/Raves:  Rant- Got covid and had to quarantine for the last five days. I felt pretty terrible the first few days but now feel much better. Had to cancel a trip to see my family in the Midwest. I wanted to be done with travel in the second trimester so now we're debating whether a trip at 31 weeks is feasible. Rave- I love that my bump is consistently looking like a bump now. 

Questions: none

GTKY - If you could live in the universe of a book, which one would it be? I think it would be fun to live in Terry Pratchett's Discworld with magic and fantastical characters.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 24 + 4

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Had follow up AS last week. Baby girl was folded in half and playing with her feet most of the time. The tech’s comment “what a fun baby to end my day with!”

How are you feeling?: Feeling large and in charge! Lol But also a bit snippy here and there towards my kids and husband. It’s probably because I’m tired and it’s hot (triple digits). 

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: I’m ready for September weather, this heat is ridiculous even with A/C and the pool. Rave: I plan to soft start our school year next week so we can take a few weeks off when baby comes. I’m actually really excited to have a more scheduled day and feel like I am accomplishing something!

Questions: Anyone planning maternity photos? I’m taking my own, probably in the next few weeks because I want to have “cute” bump pics and not feel like a whale, hah!

GTKY - If you could live in the universe of a book, which one would it be? I can’t choose!!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 13

FTM/STM/TTM+: baby 4

Upcoming Appointments or Results: had one yesterday next one is in 4 weeks for my glucose test and an ultra a sound to hopefully get a better shot of my cervix to rule out placenta previa 

How are you feeling?: pretty good. 

Rants/Raves: I love summer and don’t want to wish it away but wow is it hot 

Questions:

GTKY - If you could live in the universe of a book, which one would it be? Harry Potter preferably without Voldemort lol 
  • E st Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 5th

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Need to book my repeat second trimester ultrasound for next week. There was a 3mm calcification on baby’s stomach that my dr didn’t seem concerned about so we are checking up on that. 

How are you feeling?: Not too bad, heartburn comes and goes randomly and I feel like none of my clothes fit comfortably

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: did my glucose test yesterday and I felt so horrible. I ended up throwing up 10 minutes before they took blood but the lab tech didn’t seem too concerned about it affecting my results. I was at 3.8 which is technically a low blood sugar… hopefully my dr isn’t concerned and I don’t have to do it again!
    Rave: I ordered a Nanit Pro baby monitor with points and it arrived yesterday! 

Questions:

GTKY - If you could live in the universe of a book, which one would it be? I’d hand to say outlander too! But “current day” Scotland because I don’t think I could handle no running water
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/21, 23+1

Upcoming Appointments or Results: MFM recheck on Monday 

How are you feeling?: Well, last week was a doozy! Wednesday, I ended up going back to my regular OB for increased discharge (was afraid I was leaking amniotic fluid), and they found that my cervix had shortened again and was dilated. Went to MFM for a consult, and had a rescue cerclage placed Thursday morning. Procedure went well, and baby girl did great, though I did lose more blood than expected and ended up with about 8 stitches in various spots in my vagina 😬 Friday morning, tested positive for COVID. So, it's been pretty emotionally and physically draining. I'm starting to feel better, but I still feel like I could sleep for another week! I've been feeling baby girl move more and more, which has been super reassuring. Stay in there, little one!

Rants/Raves: Rave - Soooo incredibly grateful for the medical team I have now. Everyone was so kind and knowledgeable. Plus, I'm super relieved that we have one of the top rated NICU facilities in the country here, in the not-unlikely event that this little lady shows up early. 
    Rant - DH didn't lose his taste/smell with COVID, but I sure did. Definitely makes eating harder! One of our friends dropped off dinner and cupcakes the other night, and the cupcakes are just taunting me!

Questions:

GTKY - If you could live in the universe of a book, which one would it be?  I think I'd have to go with @Gingermom15 and say Middle Earth too. Or maybe Narnia. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 22 / 23 weeks

Upcoming Appointments or Results: next appointment isn’t until August 15th - this is the longest waiting period I’ve had yet! 

How are you feeling?: good - heartburn is killer, but so far I still feel comfortable doing normal things. My back is also starting to hurt and I wonder how much bigger I will get (I’m pregnant with twins for those new on this thread!) 

Rants/Raves: happy to start feeling the little ones moving around all the time, it brings so much reassurance! But, this heartburn can go away now. 

Questions: I ended up getting throwing ip last night and I think it was due to the heartburn because as I was falling asleep my throat was on fire. Has anyone else had this? What do you do to help so it doesn’t happen again?

GTKY - If you could live in the universe of a book, which one would it be? Harry Potter for sure!!!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 10th / 24 W 5D

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Had a general appt today. Next is an a consult with the anesthesiologist on the 16th (necessary bc of my slipped disc) and then the the glucose test on August 17th.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! Definitely slowing down a bit. I "retired" from tennis this week and my workouts are garbage - definitely not the fit pregnancy I was expecting. On the plus side, I had a good night's sleep two nights ago for the first time since June (i'm having tremendous hip pain), so that's a win.

Rants/Raves: I am feeling really annoyed with women's health right now. Maybe this is just my experience, but my baby (a moderately medically complex baby) is getting great medical care with ultrasounds every 4 weeks. I, on the other hand, just had my weight and blood pressure taken for the first time since 17 weeks pregnant and my belly measured for the first time ever. No bloodwork since 12 weeks pregnant. I have received no nutritional advice (so critical to both baby development and maternity health) and no advice on physical recovery (everyone should be aware of the benefits of pelvic floor and abdominal work during and after pregnancy). And I know that after I deliver, it will be one check up at 6 weeks and then I'm done. Is that really all we need as women?

Questions: 

GTKY - If you could live in the universe of a book, which one would it be? If I could have the powers of the main characters in that universe, then Harry Potter for sure. If I would just be the same ol' me in that universe, I have to also go with hanging on in the Shire in the Lord of the Rings.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 20 - 23+2

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results:
    Nothing until middle of August and then have a meeting with OB and MFM for a final AS follow up.

How are you feeling?: overall pretty good- just not sleeping well and some back pain. 

Rants/Raves: not certain if it’s a rant or rave… on a 30 hour road trip (one way) been nice to just have time with the family and connect with DH- but pregnant me is in pain and just wants my own bed.

Questions: Baby shifted from transverse to some other position… I can still feel her but it’s very light- any one else experience a complete change in movement - not amount or frequency, just feel.

GTKY - If you could live in the universe of a book, which one would it be? Harry Potter or Narnia - post all the battles
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/21, 23 weeks

Upcoming Appointments or Results: I have a regular OB check-in on Thursday. Going to bring up some questions/concerns and expecting it to possibly lead to scheduling some extra appointments.

How are you feeling?: Not too bad actually! I’ve been feeling more tired than usual and my acid reflux is killing me at night. I’m pretty sure my nausea is due to the acid issues which is comforting, but also not since I can’t get it under control! I’m feeling like I’m finally getting a chance to relax and to get some projects done as I want which is nice.

Rants: We have had the weirdest summer - lots of cool days, some rain, even clouds. Then we randomly jump into the 90s for long stretches! Generally I don’t mind warmer weather (though 90s is a little warm for me), but I’m realizing it effects me so much more as a pregnant person! It’s just felt like such a weird summer break over here, but it’s not much to complain about.  

Raves: Baby is moving BIG and we are starting to see him shifting around in there! I’m not a big person (5’ 2”) so I feel like he’s already fighting for space. We’ve also got the nursery painted and all big furniture put together. This is the first great grandchild on one side and the baby great grandchild on the other side so everyone wants to help out. It’s been really wonderful and I’m grateful for our support system! 

Questions: I’ve seen people talking about itchy feet and I’m curious if it’s something I should really be concerned about? I plan on bringing it up with my doctor, but I tend to be an over thinker with health stuff and I acknowledge it could also be from being barefoot outside more with the nicer weather (and mosquitos). 

GTKY - If you could live in the universe of a book, which one would it be? I think I would choose to live in the world of Throne of Glass once things are happy again. So many cool powers, magical creatures, and amazing places! 
  • @melissacollins28 definitely mention it. It can be a sign of a number of things that could be serious. For me it was cholestasis with my 1st (and the reason I mentioned getting my liver enzymes checked again). It could just be allergies or walking outside, but it's just a simple blood test to check =)
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • So I had to come back and say that I got super lucky today lol. "My" doctor was covering for the doctor who is normally in on Tuesday (who is on quarantine at home) and made sure to write in my notes to schedule me with her for the next two visits at least so that we can make sure she's the one to do my c section again =D I was happy to see her and she was happy to see me!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @rebeccahoo12345 any recommendations on how to learn more about abdominal work? I hadn’t heard about that.
  • @sara12341234 I hadn’t either and then I started with a physical therapist who specializes in pregnancy and postpartum recovery. She has me doing exercises to help me stay connected to my core, like core breathing, seated leg raises, cat cow, bird dog. All “easy” things until you start super focusing on your deep core muscles/trying to hug the baby with your abs and you’re 24 weeks pregnant! They said focusing on my deep core muscles should help with my current hip and SI joint pains, as well as expedite my recovery after delivery.
  • @rebeccahoo12345 oh my lord, this is kind of off topic, but I was just shaking my head last night. I did prenatal yoga with my first and part of that was definitely "sucking in", deep breathing, engaging the core type things. Have you seen those videos where the woman "pops" her belly and sucks it in to look like the air is coming out? Basically just engaging the core and sucking things up a little, like you would be doing. Well, I watched one last night and there was a woman in the comments absolutely CONVINCED that it was squishing the baby. Would not listen to reason at all. Some peoples children, man...
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • jayc21jayc21 member
    edited July 2022
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 13; 24 wks, 2 days

Upcoming Appointments or Results: August 16

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling great. A very tight abdomen, but great

Rants/Raves: I have so much I need to do to get ready for this baby and time is definitely NOT standing still nor on my side! I'm too lazy but need to get busy!

Questions: Have any of you considered purchasing the Doona stroller/ seat?

GTKY - If you could live in the universe of a book, which one would it be? The Coldest Winter Ever...I just want to be rich for a couple days, witness some action and come back to real life. 
  • @jayc21I just purchased a Donna stroller for my car. Everyone I know that has one loves it. They have said the only down side is that it is heavy. We also purchased the Evenflo Gold Revolve 360 for my husbands truck. I have to climb up into his truck and I didn’t want to fight a car seat and have to climb at the same time so we spent a little more than we were thinking but if I don’t have to ding up his truck I’m ok with that. 
  • @jayc21 the Doona is actually banned here in Canada because it doesn't meet our stricter car seat laws. Take from that what you will.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Raves: I got married yesterday. We had a nice tiny wedding, where both our remaining grandmas were able to attend and it went great.
    @manamo777 Congratulations! 🎉
  • @manamo777 Congratulations!  How special that both of your Grandmas were able to be there.  I am also feeling totally burnt out on work.  I am honestly just worried I will have a complete mental break down because of the stress.  I don't know what to do because I don't have time for therapy right now.

In answer to your question about preparing I think the 2 biggest things that helped get ready were getting the house SUPER organized and clean and making space in the freezer to store freezer meals for when baby came.