November 2022 Moms

July Symptoms

Happy Sad Mom GIF by Originals

How is everyone feeling?

Re: July Symptoms

• I’m having weird crampy pain today. I want to guess that it’s round ligament pains, because it’s only in one side,  but it feels like fairly bad cramps. Over the last hour or so it’s gone from pretty mild  like ovulation cramp, to sharp, to pretty bad crampy/dull/sharp, and comes and goes in waves every few minutes.   I’m waiting for a callback from a nurse in the midwife/obgyn department.    I’m Hoping it’s nothing! 
  • The shortness of breath struggles! It hasn’t been bad but lately getting dressed, getting into bed, loading/unloading groceries has literally taken my breath away. And the newest struggle is rolling over at night. It feels like it takes a whole minute to roll over from one side to the other and then I am having to catch my breath all over again. 
  • Loading the player...
  • mflowers929mflowers929 member
    edited July 2022
    Today has been a full day of heartburn and sour stomach and it is NOT FUN.

I also keep getting itchy ankles and mildly freaking out. That was my first sign of cholestasis with my son. So even though I'm like 95% sure its from walking in the grass my mind immediately goes to ICP.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Something new for me that's shown up this month - gagging. I'm gagging at almost nothing, and sometimes gag myself sick. Very over it.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929

Baby is definitely contributing to my gagging... I have been awoken at night and have had to pause and gag several times during the day when baby suddenly headbutts me in the stomach. Not comfortable!
  • I will preface this by saying that I have already reached out to my midwife about this, but anyone else having swelling around their vulva? Not red or warm to the touch but tender. For me I was noticing it in general but in the last few days it seems to be more so on one side (the left).

Prior to this I was feeling baby all on the left side, but I'm wondering if she shifted because now I feel her on the right side. 

I am 22 weeks btw.
  • @mflowers929 it is the absolute worst! This has been happening to me almost the entire pregnancy - sometimes it’s completely random, sometimes it’s over silly things like just thinking about eating goldfish crackers.

My husband has been astounded because I’m at the point where I will do it mid conversation and then just keep talking like nothing happened…. Deep down I’m so over it though 
  • I am just exhausted!! I fall asleep sitting up during the day and am honestly getting worried about teaching this year. 
  • So this is a little embarrassing, but is anyone gassier than usual? I have been having gastrointestinal distress for days despite not being constipated 😬
  • As sucky as it is that we're having this, I'm glad I'm not the only one with the gagging. I made my 4 year old pick up dog poop tonight because I was starting to gag things up.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I've been gagging a lot too. DS is trying to be more independent and recently learned how to make his own scrambled eggs. He made some this morning and I was gagging from the smell the whole time.
  • @rebeccahoo12345 no gassiness, but I am having the worst constipation of my life.  I took ducolax last night and it just made everything super painful.  I am miserable. 
  • @ponyoisfun taking magnesium  daily might help. It’s not really a laxative but helps relax things so helps with constipation a little.  I take it to help me sleep and  help with leg cramps too. 
    I use “natural vitality Calm “ usually get the raspberry lemon flavor but got no flavor this time
  • @autumn87654321 Thank you for your suggestion, but I actually do take magnesium.  Right now I think that it is the iron in my prenatals.  We had been on vacation a lot this summer and I kept forgetting to take them and while traveling I never had any issues with constipation despite not eating our usual high fiber diet (we ate a lot of hotel/snack type food).  Today I didn't take them and everything went great. I feel so much better.  Now I need to ask the birth center if they have any recs on what to do about prenatals. 

Anyone have any recommendations for non constipating iron?  Or has anyone just not taken iron during pregnancy?  (My iron levels are always right on point even when not taking prenatals and we are vegetarian). 
  • @ponyoisfun I have a super sensitive stomach (see gassy post above haha) and have not been able to tolerate iron supplements in the past, yet i have had no issues with this prenatal: Actif Organic Prenatal Vitamin https://a.co/d/cjjBJl3
  • The shortness of breath is no joke! Going up one flight of stairs is like running a marathon now yet I get just as out of breath turning in bed too! I make sure to lay on my left side and I know it says that having a good pillow to raise my head when I sleep is beneficial too but sometimes I’m still out of breath just laying down.
  • Yesterday at my appointment the measured me and the nurse said wow are you having trouble breathing because she is already up under your ribs. I can’t hardly bend over anymore without feeling like I need a 10 minute break to catch up on my breathing. 

Also they are concerned with my swelling already. When I had Breckin I had pre-eclampsia which cased me to go into early labor. Since I am now 41 and swelling has started I am now going to be seen more often. But I have noticed as the day goes on my toes hurt so bad. So if anyone is into essential oils have you had any luck or suggestions on what to use as a leg rub? 
  • My biggest thing during this second trimester has been acid reflux/sour stomach. I don’t even have heartburn pain or anything like that, but I swear my stomach acid is going to burn a hole through my throat before this baby is here. I’ve tried all the things (Pepcid, eating Tums as if they are candy, monitoring what I eat, etc). I could eat bread and water for every meal and still have it! That plus the gagging has made life interesting. Haha 
  • @baby-h2022 My major swelling was postpartum with my first, but they had me get medical grade leg compression stockings (like, up to my mid-thigh/ass) and they worked miracles to drain the swelling. May be good to get some to put on in the morning before swelling and see if it keeps it at bay.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my back pain gets better and worse day to day.  I haven’t been great at doing my PT exercises🤦‍♀️, I feeel ok for a few days then I have days where I have to work and lift things and aggravate my backs. 

Now I’ve been having pubic symphasis pain😭. Feels like someone stabbing my pubic bone.   Damn relaxin getting my ready to push a baby out