2nd Trimester

Help! Covid at week 26!

Hi everyone... I just got covid at week 26 and I don't know what to do. I have the vaccine and one booster. I tried calling my doctor and she is on vacation and they don't even have the calls routed to a nurse or anyone.

First day I had a fever of 102 and it broke in 12 hours. Baby was kicking nonstop during that time. Now I just have a dry cough here and there and a little runny nose and just tired.

I'm worried since I won't be able to reach my doctor for at least a week. The baby is moving normally now, my fever is gone and I'm just resting but is there anything else I should do? Should I try to find a different doctor?

Re: Help! Covid at week 26!

• I had Covid at 18 weeks. I work in the medical field. I took Tylenol, used organic cough drops, ate scoops of honey as it is a natural cough suppressant and will aid your throat. 

I was hospitalized for two days after hydration they sent me home and said I couldn’t have antivirals cause I’m pregnant however I consulted four different Obgyns and they told me to receive the monoclonal antibodies. Ask a doctor about them. There should be an on call doctor for you to speak to. 
    They made me feel so much better and it gave me so much peace of mind knowing it helps protect my baby. 

I think the best thing you can do for yourself Is rest and continue to hydrate. I will keep you in my thoughts 
  • So sorry to hear this! Do you have a primary care physician you could talk to or does your OB practice have an on-call doctor for urgent situations? If not, it would probably be best to schedule a virtual urgent care visit. 

When I had COVID at 12 weeks, my doctor said it was really important to take low-dose aspirin daily to prevent blood clots in the placenta. Besides that, she said to keep my fever below 101 by taking 650 mg of Tylenol up to every 6 hours (if I had a temperature). She also said it's a good idea to monitor oxygen levels with a pulse oximeter. Of course, it's best to confirm all this with a doctor. 

I also used the type of cough drops with no active ingredient (like Ludens), and took Dextromethorphan once for my cough. Your OB office probably has a list of approved meds for pregnancy. 

Good luck! I ended up being fine after 8 or 9 days, and my baby boy is kicking away! I'm hoping the same for you! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had it at 28 weeks and it suuuucked horribly. Spent weeks recovering. I only had an elevated temperature, never a fever though and a terrible cough that I still have (its getting better now though). 
    Is there noone at the clinic you can talk to? It doesn't have to be your primary doctor, when I was sick I went to see another doctor since my cough would not let up. They had to put me on antibiotics. 
    I'd let the clinic know you had a pretty high fever (which can be dangerous for a baby) and see if they want you to get checked out.