November 2022 Moms

Swelling & Numbness

Anyone dealing with swelling? I can deal with the feet swelling but the hand swelling is really getting it me. Its making my hands and arms fall asleep, go numb and tingle throughout the day. Its pretty bad at night keeps me from sleeping unless I'm on my back with both hands on my stomach. Its becoming more constant throughout the day to the point it hurts sometimes to even hold a pin to write.

Any suggestions on what I could eat, drink or do to help get this under control?

Thank you!

Re: Swelling & Numbness

• I have noticed swelling in my fingers this morning. My wedding rings are tight today. But I think it is from traveling all week and coming back to Texas and we fired fresh fish last night so I am sure that didn’t help. 
  • Anyone dealing with swelling? I can deal with the feet swelling but the hand swelling is really getting it me. Its making my hands and arms fall asleep, go numb and tingle throughout the day. Its pretty bad at night keeps me from sleeping unless I'm on my back with both hands on my stomach. Its becoming more constant throughout the day to the point it hurts sometimes to even hold a pin to write.

Any suggestions on what I could eat, drink or do to help get this under control?

Thank you!
    This sounds like a good question for your medical provider, the treatment would depend on the cause. 
    Please introduce yourself and change your username to assist in building a better sense of community. Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yea, please tell your provider! They should be asking you this at every appointment. 
  • As someone that has had gestational diabetes twice now, these are symptoms I experienced both times. Definitely talk to you doctor, but I would recommend focusing on a higher protein, lower carb diet to see if that helps in the interim! Good luck! 
  • summ23summ23 member
    How far along are you? I’m 24 weeks and I have no ankles and I’ve had to take my wedding rings off. My dog laid on my leg yesterday and it left an indention. Is it too early to swell and tingle like that?