November 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-in DD 11/16-11/23 (week of July 11)

ashnicellashnicell member
edited July 2022 in November 2022 Moms
Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check-in DD 11/16-11/23 (week of July 11)

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 20 - 21+3

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Have an MFM appointment and echocardiogram today- hopeful we get an all clear and I’m considered regular risk. Have regular 20 week appt with OB tomorrow.

How are you feeling?: pretty good over all - just tired and started having some Braxtons… just can’t sleep.

Rants/Raves: 
    Raves- bought some cute maternity clothes that I feel super confident in and had a weekend away with DH- super relaxing and good to talk through the future

Questions: none
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/18, 21+5

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: regular OB appointment July 25

How are you feeling?: okay, pretty sure I had some braxton hicks this morning since I didn't sleep well and didn't drink a lot of water, but it was still unsettling. Also been headachy this week.

Rants/Raves: vacation next week, and not a moment too soon!

Questions: none at the moment
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/17. 21+6. 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Regular prenatal at the end of the month. 

How are you feeling?: the best I will probably feel during this pregnancy tbh. Almost 22 weeks, getting bigger and shorter of breath on exertion. It’s all downhill from here 😂 

Rants/Raves: I found a Chicco Fit2 at Buy Buy Baby for $160! Got a 20% off coupon and paid $144 for a $320 seat. Super stoked. I put the details in the baby items recommendation thread if you’re interested. I swear by Chicco, they have the best customer service too. 

Questions: 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 18. 22 weeks tomorrow. 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: 24 week check up and follow up AS on 8/4. The first AS they could not get all of the pictures they want. So I have to go back. 

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling pretty good overall. This is the most energy I’ve had all pregnancy. I hope I continue to feel this good for a while but am not getting my hopes up as I know the bigger I get the more uncomfortable I will get. It is pretty hot where I live so I’m starting to feel my feet getting slightly swollen. 

Rants/Raves: I am going on vacation next week and I CANT wait! 

Questions: none at the moment. I’m still working on my registry so any recommendations for ‘must have items’ are welcomed. Thanks! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/21, 21+4

Upcoming Appointments or Results: We had our AS yesterday, and baby girl looks perfect! Unfortunately, my cervix is measuring shorter than it should be, and there is funneling, which has the potential to put me at a higher risk for pre-term birth (or it'll be NBD and make no difference at all 🤷🏽‍♀️). They're having me come back in 2 weeks to recheck.

How are you feeling?: A bit anxious about this new development, but trying to reassure myself that for now, she's doing great where she is and looks totally healthy.

Rants/Raves: Finally starting to feel movement! And it absolutely lives up to the hype. ❤️

Questions: Anyone else have experience with short cervixes??
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 22 weeks 1 day

FTM/STM/TTM+: ftm

Upcoming Appointments or Results: I’m moving from California to Phoenix in two weeks, so am transferring care. I’m hoping it goes smoothly. I’m currently spoiled by my healthcare situation, I have an amazing team. 

How are you feeling?: good. I look very pregnant. Very pregnant. I think I’m starting to get some slight back pain, I need to start doing some exercises. Bought a pregnancy pillow last night.

Rants/Raves: I’m vegan and Phoenix has a big vegan scene. I’m excited for vegan loaded French fries.

Questions: none
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/21, 21+5

Upcoming Appointments or Results: I have my next OB check-in on the 28th and from there it sounds like we will discuss and schedule my glucose tolerance test.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good actually! In fact, probably the best I’ve felt this whole pregnancy. I had chronic nausea before getting pregnant and that plus a sensitive gag reflex from pregnancy has been a trip. That being said, I went 4 days without taking anything for my nausea which is a record! Dealing with some anxiety, but aside from that nothing too crazy is going on over here. 

Rants/Raves: We finally started working on our nursery and I’m so excited to fill it and keep adding to it! It helps to know that we are slowly getting prepared for it all. Also, pretty sure I’ve been able to feel some movement with my hands lately! 

Questions: For anyone who has already had a baby, how bad is the glucose tolerance test? People on social media act like it’s torture so I’m getting worried about it! 
  • @melissacollins28 the drink isn't horrible, kind of like flat pop. The waiting is not fun, and a lot of people wind up feeling nauseated. Irritability and a crash a couple of hours later is pretty common too, although they say "oh there's no reason for that to happen" *cue eye roll*
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @melissacollins28 I did a 2-hr version last summer when i started looking into infertility testing and it wasn't bad. The drink i had was like sprite, way easier to drink than I expected.
  • @melissacollins28 I have done the glucose test a few times. Once with DS, and both the 1hr and 3hr early on in this pregnancy due to being high risk. I'd recommend if you get a flavor choice and they have lime, choose that (unless you hate lime of course). It seems less sweet than the orange or fruit punch. Overall, the test isn't a fun experience, but it's also not the worst. If you pass the 1hr, you're done with it and the worst part of the 3hr is the waiting. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 22 weeks 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: just had my monthly OB appointment yesterday and all is good so far! We had our AS earlier this month and both girls are looking great. 

How are you feeling?: really great! I see why people love the second trimester. Like others, I’m leaning in to how good I’m feeling as I know it will go away. 

Rants/Raves: love feeling good and having a cute bump, but very much over this heartburn! I can also start to feel the girls more and more and that makes me feel so good. 

Questions: none at the moment!!