March 2023 Moms
Options

Caffeine?

Hi! I’m 5 weeks in with my first pregnancy. I’ve read where it’s recommended to drink 200mg or less of caffeine. Because it’s my first and I’m over-analyzing everything, im scared of messing up or doing something to harm baby. That being said, im usually a 2-3 cup a day person. Since I found out I was pregnant, I’ve been trying to drink 1 cup or less, but that “cup” is 170-200mg. And I’ve cut out soda unless it’s Sprite. How many of y’all drink coffee? Or did you give it up altogether? Should I not drink any caffeine to stay safe? Drink half caff? Decaf? Help. I love coffee.

Re: Caffeine?

• Options
    I’m not a coffee drinker but I drink Diet Coke. This is my 2nd pregnancy and I just made sure I didn’t drink more than one per day (and not every day either). My son turned out absolutely fine! To ease your mind it might help to talk with your OB. When you go in for your first appointment it’s a great question to ask! It may be a while before that appointment so maybe to make yourself not so stressed just drink the 1 cup or less like you have been.
  • Options
    I gave it up completely but that's because I gave high blood pressure (pre pregnancy diagnosis) and don't want to contribute to my BP because of caffeine. It's not because of the caffeine and it's effects on pregnancy, more the general effects on my body and wanting to control by BP better.
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    muggsdmuggsd member
    @knottie743ab3ada7f1d9f3 I have a solid 2 cups in the morning. I have 3 healthy kiddos and had 3 smooth pregnancies! As far as I know, 1 cup of coffee is usually around 100mg of caffeine.