October 2022 Moms

Product Spotlight: Breast Pumps and Accessories

2»

Re: Product Spotlight: Breast Pumps and Accessories

• It depends on your provider. For ours they reimbursed after and it was categorized at "Health Expense, other". Some providers actually specify an amount for breast pumps specifically. 
  • rcgwrcgw member
    Thanks for the help/guidance!!
  • Loading the player...
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    @rcgw I am also an FTM AND I got the Spectra 2  with accessories through insurance + $20. I went to https://aeroflowbreastpumps.com/, filled out my insurance info, and they got back to me within a couple of days with which options were available to me. I have Moda. It arrived Wednesday. I believe some insurance providers have different timelines.
  • rcgwrcgw member
    @pangolindrome Hope it's the perfect choice for you!!
  • KGETS86KGETS86 member
    @rcgw I’ve gone through Aeroflow all 4 times. They can check if they work with your insurance, and their customer service has been amazing. If they work with your insurance, they’ll even get the prescription from your provider, so you don’t have to deal with the paperwork. Their shipping is free and fast, and they’ve supplied accessories for free in the months after delivering to help maintain your pump and output. 
    Any accessories you get from them should be tax free as well, because of medical necessity. 
    edited May 2022
    If anyone else got the free Kiinde starter pack (pay for shipping only), have you gotten an update? I didn't even find a confirmation email but I'm sure I ordered it. It's on my PayPal from May 10th.
    edited May 2022
    It arrived that same day.

Great deal: 40 Free Kiinde Twist Pouches

Also as a reminder: https://kiinde.com/product/pnkiindebreastfeedingstarterpack/

AND brilliant idea - if you will use these, share these with your siblings, parents, in-laws and stock up! I got the tip to use the bags for baby food in the future, so even if baby doesn't like the kit for milk, it's still useful!
  • ficheyfichey member
    @pangolindrome thanks so much for the heads up! 
  • @pangolindrome not to sound completely oblivious but what are they and what are they used for and are they necessary?
    edited May 2022
    @mcclanna I have only known about them for a couple of weeks. The Kiinde pouches hook up to any breast pump, using an adapter, and then they have a holder for the pouches that turn them into a bottle with a nipple so you don’t have to transfer the milk. Also, they say that baby is unlikely to swallow air while feeding from them because the pouches shrink while feeding, so that alleviates some concerns about colic (I believe, I’m a FTM-to-be). 
    The pouches are also good for baby food once that is introduced and I think they have another feeding attachment for that, more like a spout type thing.

I want them because I genuinely hope our baby girl will like them, storage will be easier than bottles, and it would cut down on dishes.
  • @pangolindrome I asked a question about the Kiinde system earlier in this thread after I kept seeing ads for it. Only one person had a response. I went ahead and ordered the Anika pump bag because it was 20% off and comes with that free intro kit that you’re talking about. It’s out for delivery today! I plan on using the coupon that comes with it to get the full starter kit that has the warmer and stuff for 50% off, and I’ve added a bunch of the bags to my Amazon registry so people can buy them for me. 😄
  • bows22bows22 member
    edited June 2022
    So I’m looking at ordering my pump and it looks like I can get 

totally covered:
    Elvie stride 
    Spectra S1 Plus 
    Spectra S2 Plus 

$$ to upgrade:
    Elvie Double Electric ($105)
    Willow 3.0 ($80)

any thoughts? I’ll be exclusively pumping and I did have an unused Freemie mobile hands free pump offered to me by a friend so I could have that as an option too. 

Also, is the S1 plus the same as the S1 or does it have less features? It is listed as a lower retail price than the S2 plus and I thought it was usually more. 
  • Spectra has a hands free add on you can buy on Amazon. 
  • Anybody else go through Aeroflow to get their breast pump? I was looking at mine yesterday and it said the earliest shipping date is 10/9/22. I’m due 10/10/22 so if she comes early I won’t have a pump. 
  • @mackenziep98 I ordered through Aeroflow and have the same due date as you! I didn't even think to check the shipping date but I will now...
  • @silverholly8 with my other daughter I ordered through aeroflow as well and I’m pretty sure I had my pump before my baby shower. That was also almost 5 years ago, so I’m not sure if they have changed things since then. 
  • My insurance told me to go through Byram or Edgepark because those are their preferred in-network medical supplies companies. I went with Byram because they had upgrade options and Edgepark didn’t. I ordered my pump at the end of May, and it was delivered to my house within a week of ordering.
  • @bows22 Reviews say NOT to get the Elvie if you are exclusively pumping because although convenient, the output is not reliable. I would go with the Spectra S1 Plus since the S1 is rechargeable. Spectra is a recommended brand for exclusively pumping.

@mackenziep98 @silverholly8 I ordered through Aeroflow since they processed my insurance, but I did it a couple of months ago (I think) so I already got mine.
  • I did edgepark the last two times. 
  • I ordered mine through Aeroflow last week and they said it should ship in the next few weeks. I got the Spectra S1, just had to pay $75 to upgrade from the S2. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• My insurance only covers the Ameda breast pump. Anyone have experience with that brand?