February 2023 Moms
Options

Fit Mom Friday 7/1

**I know this is a day late, but I meant to start it yesterday and was too exhausted after work :D ***

Fit Mom Friday is a fun way to help us on our healthy pregnancy goals. Fit is whatever it means to you!

Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share):

Week's Successes:

Week's Challenges:

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl?

Re: Fit Mom Friday 7/1

• Options
    Hope it was OK I started this? Saw in the exercise thread there were a lot of folks interested in a weekly exercise thread.
    Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share):
    Take time to be more active during the week. Our family is usually pretty good about getting out and doing something together on the weekend - walking / hiking, biking, etc - but during the week I have not done very well about making time for activity outside of what I get on the floor at work. Pregnancy insomnia has me waking up 2-3 hours early, so I just need to get my but outside and go for a walk! Hoping to get in with a personal trainer a couple times a week like I did during pregnancy with my DS when we move back to WA in the fall. 

Week's Successes:
    I walked from one side of the Atlanta airport to the other on the way back home last Sunday instead of taking the train - that counts for something right? :D

Week's Challenges:
    We were down a Dr. at work this week and I was busy playing catchup from being gone the week prior. Between that and this crazy fatigue I didn't getting any exercise in this week :/

GTKY:
    Are you an early bird or a night owl? Early bird! When I was younger it was the opposite, but DS is innately an early riser so sleeping in past 6am is unheard of and now my body thinks its time to go to bed at 8-9 and get up at 4-5. 
  • Options
    @jennykatedvm Thanks for getting us started! Walking across the airport totally counts 😁

Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): To stay active

Week's Successes: I went for my monthly run, lol. Got it in just before the end of June, a nice leisurely 1.25 miles. At least it's something and I didn't keel over. I also cycle the kids to school in a cargo bike which is *work* but my SO did three of the trips for me so I had more work time so I actually did less overall than normal. Maybe I'll try to go for a short run next week.

Week's Challenges: I've got a project due Monday so I've been focused on that but I'm not upset about the exercise I managed to do.

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Early bird, for sure. But my DS is a pre-dawn-bird which is just too much after 8 years of it. I look forward to him being a sleepy teenager 😂

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Just staying as close to normally active as possible for as long as possible - I listen to my body, but working out is my favorite “me” time and best for my mental health. 

Week's Successes: Pretty normal week workout-wise? 

Week's Challenges: I’m finding I have to take a rest day basically anyone I lift. No big deal, just, different than usual. 

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Neither, lol. I need to go to bed at a decent time and get a solid 8 hours of sleep, and then still need time for my brain to wake up. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Health/Fitness Goal: to keep walking and keep stretching and doing simple workouts through pregnancy (walking until it's too cold or snowy at least) so I can be fit for labor and not too flabby after. My labors tend to be long!!

Week's Successes: I took a long walk with all 5 kids (and then got hungry and ended up at a pizza place 🤭)

Week's Challenges: many days I'm not feeling like walking because if my nausea.

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Early bird. I'm up at 5:30 no matter what time I go to bed. I tend to fall asleep before the kids.
  • Options
    @Paturkey The cargo bike transport sounds like a fun idea. What kind of bike is it? We've talked about trying out bike packing when we move west, but would probably just use a trailer and bike packs I think. 
  • Options
    @jennykatedvm It's Christiania cargo bike with electric assist (a trike with a wooden box on the front). It's ideal for city living, especially since I don't have a car. It replaces having to take the bus, walk or scoot. For distance trips like bike camping, I think a trailer and panier bags is probably the way to go. I haven't done it but it looks really fun!

• Options
    My right shoulder has been sore the last two days (last lifted on Saturday), and I had completely forgotten this happened my last pregnancy, too, basically straining my rotator cuff. Darn relaxin! I don’t lift heavy of anything - 10-15 lb dumbbells for upper body, 20 or so for lower body, but this happened last time, too. 😩 I’ve even been trying really hard to give myself extra time to warm up (something I’m not normally good about doing). Anyone else injury prone during pregnancy?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @runningyogimama During my last pregnancy I had to take PT because one of my knees would lock up and they discovered one leg was sitting an inch or two lower than the other. I am scared that is going to happen again. I also lost a lot of cartilage in the knee and have had two Cortisone shots, but will most likely eventually need surgery. Relaxin came for me hard the first time around so I expect it to happen this time as well. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @jennykatedvm thanks for starting this!

Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Continue my weight training journey. My goal is to be in the best shape possible before delivery. If it is a vaginal delivery (VBAC in my case), I want to have the strength and endurance to handle it. If it is another C-section, I want to be able to recover as quickly as last time.

Week's Successes: None yet. Lol!

Week's Challenges: Getting back onto my workout schedule. I moved my workouts with my trainer from mornings to around noon, which is usually when I feel the best. But I've had all day nausea for the past few days, so I'm not sure what to expect.

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? I'm definitely an early bird. I've always been an early riser, but since the twins were born, I've stepped into the role of morning parent and MH handles the overnight stuff.

Pregnancy Ticker