February 2023 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 6/27

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 6/27

• Happy Monday, Bump Fam!!

Did anyone do anything exciting this weekend???

It was beautiful here this weekend, so we spent a ton of time at the pool, in the backyard, and going to playgrounds. On Saturday after nap, we took the twins to their first movie in a theatre. It was the new Buzz Lightyear movie. I think they liked it, but I think 4 years old might have been too soon for a one hour and 45 minute movie. Sergio did a great job and sat and ate his popcorn and watched the movie for almost the whole movie. But JC asked to go to the bathroom at least 10 times because he just wanted to walk around.  :D 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 You're brave! We haven't attempted the movies with DS yet, but he can barely sit to watch a whole one at home, nevermind the theatre lol. 

We did a pool day with friends on Saturday that was a ton of fun. A guy DH works with got a Blackstone so he made a huge brunch for some family and friends. Everything was SO GOOD. That night DS stayed at my parents and DH and I tried a new Mexican place for dinner. It was amazing, and I was able to get a virgin margarita, so I was happy about that! Sunday was just hanging and errands, the typical weekend things lol. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Loading the player...
  • Holy random one-offs this weekend, lol!

My niece’s birthday party was Saturday, and then we hung out at home and swam yesterday afternoon. I am SO exhausted lately - I’m already an introvert that doesn’t enjoy all of the social obligations and needs weekends to recharge under the best of circumstances, but we have something planned almost every weekend the next month and a half, and I’m just so tired I want to pass on all of them and just stay home and actually get rest on the weekends. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• @tessiesmom26 what is a Blackstone??? This sounds super intersting!

@runningyogimama LOL'd at "Holy random one-offs"!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 It's a fancy flattop grill. 

https://blackstoneproducts.com/
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• nwshaynwshay member
    Thank you for starting this @LaceyBee522

We had a busy weekend! I can't remember what we did Friday... Haha but on Saturday our 5yo had her end of the year campout at her school (she just finished her last day of her last year at all outdoor forest school), so there were probably 25 people total there. It was a madhouse. Not gonna lie, it was a clusterf.... But she had a blast so I'm glad we did it.

It was beautiful yesterday so we had a beach day down the road with my bestie and her two kids. I got super sunburne! But the kids played and had fun, and us adults just got to relax in the sun. It was much needed after lack of sleep on Saturday. Over all, it was a great weekend. And the first nice sunnt weekend in a long time! 
  • @runningyogimama i feel you on that, fellow introvert. Summer weekends are always so busy. They’re fun, but I always end up feeling like I need an extra day off to recover alone from all the activities and socializing. Certainly doesn’t help that I can’t even enjoy some drinks at all these events 😂
  • @tessiesmom26 that sounds awesome! I try to use my stove/oven as little as possible in the summer. 

@nwshay that school sounds so cool! A mom from my other BMB sends her daughters to something similar and I’m always so jealous of the pictures she shares. I wish we had something near us like that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Weekend was woah. We spent all last week moving into our new home, so we are surrounded by loads of boxes. So we hung out around the house, DH mowed the lawn while DD and I blew bubbles and picked up yard debris. This next weekend will be crazy with the holiday and us telling family since they are used to seeing me with a beer or glass of wine at family cookouts and they will be super suspicious. 
  • cpk3535cpk3535 member
    edited June 2022
    This weekend was crazy!! We closed our last week with a bit of disappointment that DH didn’t land a new job we kind of hoped he would get. Then the weekend just got super hot and I was soooo uncomfortable and sick. Then on Sunday, I figured out that my medical coverage went on hold due to moving from one county to another, so I was in a state of panic over that. We took our kiddos to the water pad at the park with friends for the afternoon and it kept me a bit more sane. Luckily this morning, I was able to get through to living people on the medical stuff and straightened that out- so much less stressed. DH took us to the beach today to escape the 100+degree heat and it was very grounding. Just trying to take everything one day at a time, just breathing!!! Phew…
  • St0v3sSt0v3s member
    This weekend was stressful for me too. But work starts tomorrow and I’m not happy about that either. I will be glad when summer school is over so I can officially have a decent summer break before the new school year 

Me- 25,DH-28

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @LaceyBee522 best of luck today!! I'll be thinking of you!
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @LaceyBee522 Good luck today!!

I do remember feeling it this early last pregnancy, also, but, man, this bloat already (8w) is CRAZY! I have to go to an in person work lunch today (I work remote), and I am on the struggle bus trying to put on a pair of jeans and real bra, instead of leggings/joggers and a sports bra, ugh! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• emeraldisle17emeraldisle17 member
    edited June 2022
    @LaceyBee522 good luck!!! report back and FX for great news!!

ok guys i could have included this in my weekly check-in Q but this came up after I posted. My OB's office called yesterday afternoon to let me know that my urine culture from last weeks appt tested positive for GBS (Group B strep) bacteria, and they prescribed me an antibiotic. I have zero UTI symptoms.  For those 2+ time moms you'll recall GroupB strep is tested for at 36 weeks. I was negative my first pregnancy, but developed a UTI with my second around 28 weeks, urine of which was positive for GBS.  So they gave me an antibiotic and said since I already tested positive, they wouldn't swab me at the standard 36 weeks and would instead treat me with an IV of antibiotics during L&D assuming I would still have it. Well, baby#2 came so fast that they weren't able to administer the full antibiotic (even though I kept reminding them while in triage) so we had to stay on the recovery floor an extra day to monitor my son (he's totally fine).  

ANYWAYs, I was shocked to A) test positive for it this early and B. have zero UTI symptoms.  I went down an internet rabbit hole yesterday googling GBS outcomes and reasons for it etc. and it's all so vague, and the standard of care for treatment seems conflicted, especially at this early stage of pregnancy.  I guess I'm glad my OB is treating it vs not, but now im just overall concerned i'm going to be dealing with this the rest of pregnancy and what if my LO comes early and fast again, and what if it causes a miscarriage, etc etc. It also doesn't really make sense to me why they only test at 36 weeks...like what if the mom develops it after 36 weeks but before labor??  I am currently at my moms house and she had no idea what I was talking about when I got the call, and she had 4 kids. 

OK, sorry for that novel rant. I feel like it's not really a question considering all of the internet research i've done in the last 24 hours but if anyone thinks they know more about it, I'm all ears!!
  • St0v3sSt0v3s member
    Random question but is there no way to delete some of these duplicate post on the board? Or do those people have to go back and delete 

Me- 25,DH-28

Anniversary

• @St0v3s I think so!! Correct me if I’m wrong (maybe @tessiesmom26?), but I think the admin person//people can fix the board for us? In my Dec 2019 group somebody had to attach me and another girl on to the admin team and I think we could remove those double posts. Let’s research!
  • @St0v3s that’s correct. When you start a new discussion you cannot delete it. The best thing to do is to change the title to “Dupe Thread” and let it slowly sink to the bottom of the page. But the person who started the discussion has to do it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh, also, I’m back!! Scan went well. We couldn’t see a heartbeat, but doctor did confirm implantation in the uterus with very healthy yolk sac!! And, most exciting, only one egg!!! Thanks for all the support guys!

My doc is wild though. He was looking at the ultrasound and explaining all of the above and I got reallly excited and a little celebratory. He immediately put the breaks on and was like, “don’t count your eggs before they hatch” and “1/3 is pregnancies end in miscarriage “. I was like, dude, can’t I just get a few minutes of ignorant bliss??!? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 way to be a buzzkill, doc 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • crispy11crispy11 member
    edited June 2022
    Late to the game here but I just added my intro to the thread (weeks after the last person 😬) [edited - I was only one day after the last person. 😅 my phone hid the last few pages from me. It seems I’m not too late to the game here.]

@LaceyBee522 that’s such a terrible thing for him to say! I had a gestational sac only at my first u/s, couldn’t even see a yolk sac and my doctor was still more hopeful. (My follow up was great.) Hope you have a good follow up ultrasound! 

@em@emeraldisle17 it’s stressful when you have past scares to add on to the future worries. Hopefully the antibiotics work! 
    DD1 6.2011 
    DD2 4.2013 - vbac
    DS1 9.2016 - vbac, team green
    Baby #4 due 9.2018
  • PaturkeyPaturkey member
    edited June 2022
    Hi all! I had a great weekend. My college buddy was nearby for a work thing so I went and spent the weekend with her. We had a wonderful time and easily talked for two days straight. I'm struggling to get my head back in the game.

@LaceyBee522 so glad that you had a good scan and seriously WTF to your doctor. I'm not due for a scan until Aug 12th so I've booked myself a private one next Tuesday at ~7w2d and I'm really hoping we can see the heartbeat. Waiting is brutal! Also, congrats on "only one egg"   :D

@cpk3535 Glad you got the insurance sorted but I'm so sorry about YHs job. Not getting a job is worse than not getting an interview I think. Hugs.

@emeraldisle17 I am no help with the GBS (they don't even test for it routinely here in the UK) but FX for you that the antibiotics clear it up!

ETA: fixed the wrong emoji
  • @LaceyBee522 Ugh to your Dr. I get wanting to stay realistic, but that's a little harsh. I'm glad all went well though!
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @LaceyBee522 Seriously, wtf, doctor?!? That seems beyond what’s necessary with being realistic. Yay for everything looking good for right now!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Anyone else live in a childcare desert and already frantically getting on ALL of the waitlists? 😩 We live in a rural area now, and this is so much more stressful than when we lived in the suburbs - not to mention more than 10% of providers in our state have quit or retired in the last 2 years. Ugh! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @runningyogimama ugh the daycare search is rough. I live in a metro area and it’s still really competitive. We were looking at preschools for my daughter and ran into so many waitlists.  We have our son in a home daycare and will probably have this kiddo go there too but who knows. I was trying to avoid thinking about it haha. 
  • @angbaby83 There aren’t even many home daycare here (so many have closed the last two years - basically since we moved here, and I had researched the childcare situation before moving), and I’m looking within about a 40 min radius. 😩 We were on waitlists for my 3 year old when we moved here that we never got off of, but I stupidly thought that an infant opening would be easier if we got on as soon as we found out we were pregnant - but it’s not looking that way. Ugh!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Hey guys - does someone want to start the Questions thread that @runningyogimama suggested over on the Board Org discussion. Should it be monthly or weekly? If monthly, maybe we hold off until 7/1?

Sorry to bring that discussion over here, but I didn't want to keep cluttering a pinned discussion. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 I think we make a monthly thread, and if it’s too much, can do a weekly one?

Do we want just a monthly Questions thread? Monthly/by trimester ask a STM+ thread? Both? 🤷🏼‍♀️

BabyFruit Ticker

• @LaceyBee522 @runningyogimama I think a monthly question thread is good, and if it becomes too much we change it down to weekly. This board doesn't seem too active right now either, so we could always do that change down the road if it gets more active. 

This is random but I have a rant today. I am wearing a dress (an old LLR Carly for those who know what that means) and for the second time I have been asked if I am pregnant. The first time I had gotten a positive like 2 days before so it was WAY to early and I just politely said no. He apologized and we moved on. Well, I just got asked again this morning. It was SO AWKWARD!!

It's an employee who was terminated and I had to fill out exit papers for her. She was like "OMG you're pregnant!" I just looked at her. She then goes "well you are, aren't you?" and with my mouth wide open I just made a noise. She then proceeds to say "what, you can't tell me?". I finally just said back "I don't feel comfortable answering that." Like lady... am I? Yes. Is it any of your business? NOPE. Also, I am only 9 weeks, and not showing yet, so what you are commenting on is literally my fat, so thanks for that. UGH I can't with some people. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 what is wrong with people!!?? Hasn't anyone ever heard that you NEVER ask a woman if she's pregnant. I would be super annoyed. Especially that the woman wouldn't let it go. I was texting my cousin yesterday because she wanted to come over after work. I told her no because I was feeling really sick (I was having a really rough day yesterday) and she asked if it was bc I'm pregnant. I told her no, just sick, but why are you asking? If I am and haven't told you, there is a reason for that and if I'm not, that would make me really sad. 

@runningyogimama, ok we'll start the questions thread for July tomorrow. @tessiesmom26 I think there's already a STM+ thread, but we could start a new one for July?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tessiesmom26 I would be raging. That is so inappropriate! I thought the world got the memo a long time ago not to ask if a person was pregnant, um, EVER! Like, no, I'm fat. No, I have fibroids. Yes, and it's none of your business. Yes, and it's not going well. No, and I've been trying for years. I mean, there are a million possible answers and NOT ONE is someone else's business. Ugh. I'm so sorry.
  • @tessiesmom26 Gigantic wtf?!?!? How does anyone still think it’s acceptable to ever ask that question to anyone ever? 

I’ve heard of this before but never experienced it, of small children sensing their mom pregnant - yesterday morning, out of nowhere, 3 y/o told me he’s a big brother. 😳 I have no idea where he would have even gotten that from to ask or say that, and we haven’t told the kids at all.  He says he’s having a baby brother (which is what the Chinese gender predictor says - and it’s been right for my other three). I didn’t even know how to respond or where that came from! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @runningyogimama that's crazy!!!

I have an IRL friend whose daughter said she was going to have a little brother even before the mom knew she was pregnant. Turns out she was a few weeks along with a little boy.

A few months ago one of the twins was talking all about his "brother" and I asked, what he was talking about because JC (his twin) had never done any of that. And Sergio said, no, my OTHER brother. So creepy!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not sure where to post this but my doctor just called to let me know my thyroid levels are elevated and they are sending me for additional testing - “antithyroid antibodies” is what the bloodwork req says. Anyone else have experience with this? Ive started going down the google rabbit hole… 
  • @rblack7 Thyroid abnormalities aren’t uncommon during pregnancy or after (or at all for women during childbearing years and after) - testing for antibodies means they’re testing to see if it’s autoimmune-related or not. I developed hypothyroidism after my son was born - I’ve never had any antibodies (it’s treated the same either way, so some doctors don’t even test). Thyroid levels need to be controlled during pregnancy, so your doctor will probably prescribe you some kind of medication. It’s usually not a big deal.

BabyFruit Ticker

• St0v3sSt0v3s member
    edited June 2022
    I received my HCG levels so I guess I’m “officially pregnant”. They were
    2,865.70 (6/27 5 weeks) and 7,690.50
     (6/30 5 weeks 3 days) 

Me- 25,DH-28

Anniversary