marebear15marebear15 member
edited June 2022 in March 2023 Moms

EDD/Weeks + days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants?

GTKY: What's the best vacation you've been on?

Re: Weekly Check In 6/27

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 3+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: torn here. Team green with first baby in 2019. I may find out this time. I struggled to bond with him at first (feels taboo saying that but I know it can happen) and wonder if finding out may help me with that. 

Baby is the size of a(n): soon to be a poppy seed in a few days!

Upcoming appointments: need to schedule. Office was busy this morning when I tried to call.

How are you feeling? Fine. Very few symptoms, if any, so I'm kinda doubtful 🙈

Raves/Rants? Just bought a huge pack of tampons and pads at Costco soooooo I feel like I wasted $30 

GTKY: What's the best vacation you've been on? Mediterranean cruise in 2014
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    @marbear81 love the cat gif ❤️❤️ my cat is in my profile picture 
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: March 5 / 4w+1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green I think, I've got to get DH on board

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Upcoming appointments: Was thinking about getting one on the books today, just in case I need to call in a prescription later this week. Nausea usually hits me pretty hard.

How are you feeling? Great for now! I spotted a little on Friday, but nothing since

Raves/Rants? I'm starting this pregnancy 20 lbs heavier than any of my other ones 😬

GTKY: What's the best vacation you've been on? Anniversary trip just a few months ago. We got tattoos together, and drank a ton. Just let ourselves go like we really hadn't since we became parents.

@firecracker_mama I've always slowly bonded with my children. It's not the blast of emotion from first sight, but more of a slow burn romance. I love the snuggle phase, and then get attached from the moment they first start smiling, and then I enjoy learning about their personality as they grow. I used to feel guilty, but I've found that I'm not a rare species as a mama, just not in the majority.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    EDD/Weeks + days: March 3/4 weeks + 3 Days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Haven't decided yet. If we find out we will likely keep the news to ourselves until baby arrives.

Baby is the size of a(n): "Height of a dime" - I find these descriptions funny. Also size of a poppy seed.

Upcoming appointments: I made an appointment with my family doctor for July 12 because it's the first time I could find on the online booking where I wouldn't have to get time off work for an appointment. I don't really want people wondering whether I'm pregnant at work before I feel ready to tell people, and there's been a steady amount of people taking Mat Leave lately, so I know people have a bit more of a heightened sense for it right now haha. (I love my coworkers. They are just nosey)

How are you feeling? Good, just SO TIRED. I have napped every day since finding out, and am a bit nervous for when I go back to teach summer school in a week... Don't know how I'll do with the fatigue! I also have had a lot of cramping and even though I know that's normal that symptom worries me a bit.

Raves/Rants? We were smart enough to get a second AC unit for our apartment and the heat wave just arrived (Vancouver, BC). Thankful for that early planning!!

GTKY: What's the best vacation you've been on? Probably Banff, AB. I grew up near there but we still the to go there once a year, and it will always be my fave.
  • Options
    Ha! @firecracker_mama Your comment about buying a bunch of pads... I just bought two boxes of preseed, which is not cheap!! I could have used that money 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options

@firecracker_mama I've always slowly bonded with my children. It's not the blast of emotion from first sight, but more of a slow burn romance. I love the snuggle phase, and then get attached from the moment they first start smiling, and then I enjoy learning about their personality as they grow. I used to feel guilty, but I've found that I'm not a rare species as a mama, just not in the majority.
    It took me a while to recognize it and then realize it can be normal. I appreciate your perspective. 
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: March 3/4 weeks + 3 Days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Haven't decided yet. If we find out we will likely keep the news to ourselves until baby arrives.

Baby is the size of a(n): "Height of a dime" - I find these descriptions funny. Also size of a poppy seed.

Upcoming appointments: I made an appointment with my family doctor for July 12 because it's the first time I could find on the online booking where I wouldn't have to get time off work for an appointment. I don't really want people wondering whether I'm pregnant at work before I feel ready to tell people, and there's been a steady amount of people taking Mat Leave lately, so I know people have a bit more of a heightened sense for it right now haha. (I love my coworkers. They are just nosey)

How are you feeling? Good, just SO TIRED. I have napped every day since finding out, and am a bit nervous for when I go back to teach summer school in a week... Don't know how I'll do with the fatigue! I also have had a lot of cramping and even though I know that's normal that symptom worries me a bit.

Raves/Rants? We were smart enough to get a second AC unit for our apartment and the heat wave just arrived (Vancouver, BC). Thankful for that early planning!!

GTKY: What's the best vacation you've been on? Probably Banff, AB. I grew up near there but we still the to go there once a year, and it will always be my fave.
    I slept so much when I was pregnant with my DS! I was exhausted. I somehow trudged through work every single day. You can do it! 🥱🥱🥱

And great planning on the AC unit. You'll be happy about it next summer too with baby!
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: March 8/3 weeks 6 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out 100%! I couldn’t handle not knowing 🤣 We are hoping for a girl this time as there are ZERO girls on either side out of 13 boys!! So we need to break the cycle 🤣

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed

Upcoming appointments: I called this morning to make my appointment and first ultrasound - August 9 which seems so far awayyyyy

How are you feeling? I’m feeling okay. I had a slight twinge of nausea this morning that wasn’t terrible, but I had no morning sickness last time so yay… also I’m just nervous for this baby to stick.

Raves/Rants? Tomorrow is my husband’s birthday and even though he’s working (from home like always) I have some stuff planned for him. :)

GTKY: What's the best vacation you've been on?
    I absolutely love anytime we go to the Gulf Coast, either Destin or Gulf Shores. We honeymooned in Destin and it was wonderful!
  • Options
    @youcanhavemanhattan I have always wanted to visit Banff! A friend from my previous BMB talks about it all the time as she went there on her honeymoon.
  • Options
    muggsdmuggsd member
    EDD/Weeks + days: March 2, 4 weeks 4 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We've been green for all of my 3 kids, and we are finding out this time! It will be so fun to do something different.

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed, they could fit on the tip of a bobby pin.

Upcoming appointments: phone call the week of July 11. 

How are you feeling? I've been getting super bloated in the evenings, and sleep is non-existent. Other than that, smooth sailing!

Raves/Rants? My in-laws are coming this week, and they aren't easy guests (even though they think they are). I'll be happy once they're on their flight back home!

GTKY: What's the best vacation you've been on? This is so hard, cause all of our "major" vacations were so different and I loved them for different reasons. We went to the UK and Italy right after we got engaged, California for our honeymoon, Germany & Holland with our oldest when she was 1, and Hawaii with all 3 kids and my parents this past February. I think I'd pick Germany/Holland but it's honestly so close!

@firecracker_mama I literally used the same box of tampons from Costco from 2018 to 2021 because I was pregnant 3 times and didn't use them :smile:
  • Options
    @mamahosch I can't recommend it enough!!! It's gorgeous in both summer and winter, with some stunning hikes of various skill levels. We actually got engaged up on one of the mountains there (one of the much lighter hikes haha). If you ever go, I recommend staying at Buffalo Mountain Lodge - the coziest rooms with wood fireplaces. Can't wait to one day share it with kids!

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days:  March 5, 4w3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team finding out! I’m to impatient lol 😂 

Upcoming appointments: maybe interviewing a couple midwives next week

How are you feeling? Tired, sore, hungry 

Raves/Rants? About what in particular lol 😂 I can rant about a lot of things haha

GTKY: What's the best vacation you've been on? Any vacation to the beach is my absolute favorite! Canon Beach OR is my home away from home and peace spot 😍
  • Options
    @youcanhavemanhattan that sounds incredible!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: March 4th, 4weeks+5 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Upcoming appointments: phone call July 1st, then ultrasound on July 20

How are you feeling? Very excited, trying to stay positive that this baby will stick! Still feeling relatively normal physically. Sore boobs, some indigestion. A little more tired than usual.

Raves/Rants? Celebrating my anniversary tomorrow. Brazilian barbecue! Hopefully nausea doesn’t decide to start tomorrow! Then we are going on vacation to North Carolina the day after.

GTKY: What's the best vacation you've been on? My favorite vacation was going to Colorado, visiting different parks and spending lots of time in the mountains.
  • Options
    I also just bought a huge Costco sized box of tampons... lol