November 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-in for DD 11/16 - 11/23 (week of June 27)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check-in for DD 11/16 - 11/23 (week of June 27)

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 20 - 19+1

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Just had the anatomy scan - looking healthy! Have a follow up in July to take one more look and have an echocardiogram. But should be able to be considered a normal and not high risk pregnancy after the second check! DD is elated to have a sister.

How are you feeling?: Calm - getting past that appointment removed a ton of anxiety and fears. Feeling little one kick and roll, just tired a lot. 

Rants/Raves: going through a hot spell - but so happy to see the sun this weekend.

Questions: none
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/17. 19+4. 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Anomaly scan this Thursday. 

How are you feeling?: heart burn out the wazoo. I started taking a Pepcid every night and still need tums throughout the day. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - the drain and wall straps are finally done in our basement, but we can’t lay carpet for 6 weeks. The toys and basement furniture are scattered all over our house 👎 
    I’m feeling the baby move a lot more lately, though! I felt fluttering around 15 weeks but no big or consistent movements until this last week. I have an anterior placenta again and am surprised I’m feeling what I am. 

Questions: 
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/16 - 19w +6

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: anatomy scan on Friday plus OB check up

How are you feeling?: Generally feeling pretty good.  I have zero motivation or time/energy to work out which is new for this pregnancy but I’m blaming two toddlers (😬) to make myself feel better about what is most likely my laziness lol.  I am very anxious for the scan on Friday. There is no reason to think anything is wrong but I still get so nervous and concerned since our practice only does a scan at the initial appointment And one at 20 weeks.  We will have an upcoming echocardiogram as well once we pass the anatomy scan.  Fingers crossed for our scan and for everyone’s scans coming up in the next few weeks!!!

Rants/Raves: I’ve been super thankful for the slew of monday holidays this year and the more relaxed summer hours at work. My commute is long on top of very long days so being able to be home more has been very helpful in trying to wrap my head around being half way through this pregnancy.  

Questions: does anyone have any cute ideas for a 1st thanksgiving outfit or activity to honor our little turkeys arrivals around that time? 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/18, 19w4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: nothing til end of July

How are you feeling?: not bad overall, but heartburn and insomnia like crazy

Rants/Raves: I really would love to actually fall asleep at night! I think tonight I'm going to try taking a Unisom before bed and see if I can freaking sleep. Adding in wicked heartburn is not helping.

Questions: none
  • @lilswed We had a hot spell too! Where I am at we have had incredibly cool weather for summer and then last weekend was in the 90s! I was glad for summer weather, but it was a drastic difference.
    @Gingermom15 is the Pepcid helping?? The Tums aren’t cutting it over here anymore! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/21, 19+2

Upcoming Appointments or Results: We just had our anatomy scan this morning! Our next appointment is just a quick check-in to make sure everything is still good at the end of July.

How are you feeling?: My virus is finally going away, but my nausea has come back really bad over the last few weeks. Aside from that I’m feeling really good and loving feeling the little baby moves. However, my anxiety is getting really bad. I have a general anxiety disorder, but it’s been pretty under control. Now though it’s bubbling up. I think reaching the halfway point is getting to me - it makes me feel like time is flying by and I’m getting nervous about all the things we need to do and the labor/delivery.

Rants: Why does everyone have to share their labor horror stories? I’m trying to tune them out, but it seems like that’s the only thing people can share!

Raves: I am loving that it’s summer and I have some time to decompress! 

Questions:
  • @fantasyflyte I’m 19+3 and I feel you so much on the insomnia! Like all of a sudden I forgot how to sleep! Feeling little girl moving during the night and my belly definitely seems to have grown 2 sizes since last week! At least I feel ok during the day but never feeling comfortable is wearing me down! 
  • @melissacollins28 it's probably because trauma sticks with us more than good/neutral. Personally I had one traumatic birth and one that was completely boring, and I definitely remember much more about the traumatic one!
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @melissacollins28 oh the PNW… totally get the anxiety thing too- I have this huge to do list but feel silly starting it now- but also will be teaching again the fall- so it feels like it all needs to be done now

@fantasyflyte yes to the insomnia- it’s been crazy
  • I was actually sleeping last night, and then my neighbor had their lawn mowed VERY loudly right next to our open window at 7:15am, plus my side/back hurt so now I'm both awake and anxious.
  • @melissacollins28 yes! It helps so much. I take 20 mg at night about an hour before bed. 

Agreed with Mflowers. My traumatic birth was unfortunately more memorable and talking about it helped me process. Fortunately, there are lots of boring and uneventful birth stories like my second that just don’t get talked about quite as much!
  • @Gingermom15 maybe some of us multiple time mamas should make a thread and share some of our previous birth stories, including what we expected/wanted vs what happened to help some of the FTMs know a bit of what to expect?
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 I think that’s a good idea!
  • @mflowers929 @Gingermom15

I’m so sorry to hear that! I feel like this app has been helpful because there’s a good mix of stories which helps keep things realistic. My husband and I were laughing though because even a complete stranger saw us buying baby clothes and had to tell us this story about her husband’s aunt who had a seizure during labor. It feels like that is just one of the first things anyone wants to share! 

I’m trying not to be super anxious, but it’s difficult for me. Before we found out we were pregnant I was having constant dreams about either me or baby dying in labor and it’s almost haunting me that something WILL go horribly wrong. I know that’s irrational, but it feels like I’ve learned so much about what CAN go wrong that it’s unlocking new fears. 
  • Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 16th, 20w 2d today

Upcoming Appointments or Results: I had my 20w scan on Wednesday this week. Baby measuring on track with weeks and health

How are you feeling?: So bloated and gassy

Rants/Raves: The bloat, workloads. 

Questions:
  • Best wishes on your scan today 💕😊