January 2023 Moms
Options

Morning Sickness

honeysmommy1honeysmommy1 Just Joined
edited May 2022 in January 2023 Moms
Hi everyone I’m curious to know when did you guys start to get morning sickness and how long did it last for ?

Re: Morning Sickness

• Options
    It's rough over here. I spend 60% of my day nauseous. Any tips??
  • Options
    With my first pregnancy I had it for 1 day (no joke) at about 6/7 weeks.  I remember it well.  I was at work and wondered how I would make it for weeks like that.  Then, the next day it was gone.  This time, I am having small bouts of it here and there.  I got lemon ginger hard cadies and they seem to be helping.  I am 4 weeks. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine comes and goes… it was really bad at first, but has tapered off. I have to eat small meals/snacks. If I eat too much, I feel horrible. 
  • Options
    My first, I had it weeks 6-15. I could only eat simply carbs, and still threw up (lost 5lb in first trimester). My second, it came and went for a month maybe, wasn’t nearly as bad. This pregnancy I’m not even 6 weeks yet, so too early for me.
  • Options
    I was having bad morning sickness just after my 5 week mark. I ended up going to urgent care for it right at my 6th week make because I was having a hard time eating or drinking and they gave me unisom and b6 and I guess when you take a certain dose of each one at the same time it helps with nausea. It’s been helping me eat a lot more now 
  • Options
    Not blessed with morning sickness.... I've got afternoon and night sickness. Started late last week (5w+2d) and has been daily. Strikes about 1pm and again just as I lay down for bed and get comfy.

I've tried Tums and Dramamine Ginger chews. Both have helped but not gotten rid of the whole sensation. Last night I tried the P6 acupuncture hold on my wrist and it must've worked because I fell asleep shortly after and slept most of the night. (Minus the potty breaks lol)
  • Options
    Mine has just started in the past few days I’m 6w + 3d. It seems like it was the worst with my first but I’m also convinced I had more time to think about it which made it worse lol. This time it really hits me in the car in my commute, like my own driving makes me carsick. Trying to eat small amounts, sprite/ginger ale, and hard candies helps. From what I remember weeks 6-9 are the worst.
  • Options
    I have had morning (all day sickness) with all 3 of my other kids and starting to have with this one too in waves. Small meals, drinking water, avoiding things that I know make me nauseous help. Also someone mentioned an acupressure point with my first I had these wristbands called seabands that put pressure on that point it was the only thing that helped my all day vomiting. Feel good!
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    Too early for me yet this time around, but last time it snuck up on me around week 7 and got really bad until about week 16. I threw up multiple times a day, every day. When it didn’t let up at the end of first tri I was worried I had hyperemesis, but it finally stopped, and pretty suddenly.

I really hope it won’t be that bad this time around. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe What gender was your first and second? I was sick with my girl untill 16 weeks this time a lot less
  • Options
    What was your first baby gender?
  • Options
    I’ve been nauseous (but no throwing up) every day since 3w 4 day approx. I’m now at 10 weeks and this week it’s even worse. I have ginger chews, eating small frequent meals, nothing is helping but as I’m not throwing up my midwife won’t per scribe anything. If it goes beyond this week I’ll grab the wrist pressure things. Trying to stay positive and hoping this will be over in a couple weeks.