February 2023 Moms
Options

Pimples and other myths about having a certain sex

Third pregnancy here and mom of two boys. I don’t remember pimples with my other 2 but have them this time! Could this mean GIRL?? I thought it would be fun to discuss old wive tales of symptoms that could indicate boy or girl! Comment below :)

Re: Pimples and other myths about having a certain sex

• Options
    Mom of two girls and honestly, my facial skin has never looked better than during my pregnancies. I’m going to say MYTH! 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    My third and only boy so far was my only pregnancy where I had bad acne first tri….

The Chinese gender predictor was correct for all three of my kids so far! And it says this one will be a boy - we will see in Feb since we are staying team green, haha.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    "Girls steal your beauty while pregnant."  I told my husband not to tell me if I become ugly.  :D  (keeping gender a surprise)
  • Options
    I had bad acne with my first who was a girl, and no morning sickness. This time around I am sick almost 24/7 and really bad acne! So I have no idea what to think! I am so hopeful for a boy 🙈 lol. But like you said, the old wives tales say acne and morning sickness usually point to a girl!
  • Options
    Hmm I'm wondering too. I've always struggled with my skin and took acutane before ever having children but the last few years my acne has returned less severe. I normally get it during ovulation and my period. I know I would get a pimple here and there with all my kids and can't remember if there was a difference between my boys and daughter. But this was before my acne really returned. The weird thing is that every time I had a chemical pregnancy, my skin would be clear instead of breaking out when I got pregnant this last year. But this time it broke out a little like it does when I get my period and it still is. I can only hope it means I'm having a girl because I have 4 boys already and more than 2 bunk beds won't fit in there. Plus the teenage smell will be intense.
  • Options
    On the other hand, I am not throwing up. I only did that with my daughter.
  • Options
    Oh this is fun! I love hearing old wives tales, lol. With my first (girl) I had horrible acne, zero morning sickness and so much heartburn. So far with this pregnancy I’ve got pretty good skin, some nausea, and headaches! Chinese gender predictor was wrong for my first and it’s saying girl this time around, so kind of hoping it’s wrong again? Lol. I’m hopeful for a little boy and I heard no acne and headaches can signal a boy 🤷🏻‍♀️ We opted not to do the early testing this time, so we’ll find out in 12ish more weeks at our anatomy scan what we’ll be having!
  • Options
    @ladykaty91 The Chinese gender predictor was wrong on my first, too- I pretty much just want my third girl, but whatever, I’ll take the boy, lol. I just feel like more of a pro with girls now!
  • Options
    @cpk3535 Everyone assumed we were “trying for a boy” for the third after two girls, but I (we both) felt the same, and were kind of hoping for a third girl! I mean our son is awesome and I wouldn’t change that, haha, but we were stunned, and a tiny bit sad when we first found out we weren’t having a third girl. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I had horrible acne with my first, a girl. Moderate nausea and fatigue. This time around I only have acne on my back not my face. Terribly nauseous and twice as tired as I was with my first. Felt it way earlier too. I had symptoms at 3.5 weeks that prompted me to test. I didn't feel anything till at least 7 weeks with my first.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I'm definitely breaking out more. I have one of each but at 14 and 10 I don't remember the small things about pregnancy with them
  • Options
    ttc3yttc3y member
    The Chinese gender predictor is all over the place! I did one with the Bump and it predicted a girl. I did one with Baby Center and it predicted a boy. 😂😂😂 We are team green anyway. I guess we’ll just wait until the birth of our child to find out. 
  • Options
    @ttc3y I noticed that too! And I think mine was only right about half the time...sort of like me when I guess 🙄
  • Options
    Chinese chart was right with my first who was a girl, craved sweets and acne and very sick 24/7 for 15 weeks plus the baking soda urine test was girl. All old wives tales were correct with my girl. Niw having a boy chinesenchart was wrong but irons bakingbsoda test worked again for me. I'm having a boy I don't have acne this time and im not gaining much weight. This pregnancy I only felt sick at night and craved salt and meat not sweets.