January 2023 Moms

SneakPeek Gender Reveal - Has anyone tried it?

Has anyone tried the at home SneakPeek gender reveal kit? Curious if it is accurate or not.

Re: SneakPeek Gender Reveal - Has anyone tried it?

• edited May 2022
    No but I am thinking about ordering it! 
  • bwow615bwow615 member
    We found out the sex last pregnancy at 10 weeks through the NIPT testing at my ob’s office. We plan to do the same this time around. 
  • Loading the player...
  • edited May 2022
    I tried it with my first when I was >10 weeks. Took test while my husband was out of town, and felt.like I thoroughly cleaned and prepped all surfaces... But it resulted boy and our gender US (done about 6-8 wks later) showed girl! We didn't care either way, so no gender disappointment. The company gave us a ful refund, but you have to wait until after birth to claim it. 
    This time, I'm >35 ye so I'm hoping we can get NIPT covered and find out then, otherwise I will wait for the anatomy US
  • We just completed ours, 6w4d. Will try to remember to update.

this is our rainbow baby and I’m trying to enjoy all of these small things for as long as I can.
  • edited May 2022
    I just ordered mine today! I also ordered a Gender Bliss gender prediction test kit from Amazon because it was only $15 with prime shipping.

I'm so impatient. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Update: I've already gotten the kit. Super fast shipping. I'm 5w4d today. Will wait another week to avoid a 1 or 2 day discrepancy - but site claims accuracy is 99.9% as soon as 6 weeks from lmp.
  • Hi knottie please change your username so we can get to know you better! Also, we don’t often do one off posts like this however your question would fit great into our weekly check in thread under the “questions” component! You may find you’ll receive more answers and support there as we are mostly active there! You can read the thread “Board Organization” to get a better idea of things flow here! Hopefully you stick around and enjoy all the support this BMB can offer! 

@b@BumpAdmin to close this thread 
  • magc22magc22 Newbie
    I did for my first and it worked for me! I had a baby boy
  • Peekaboo Pro has better reviews! 
  • Hi knottie please change your username so we can get to know you better! Also, we don’t often do one off posts like this however your question would fit great into our weekly check in thread under the “questions” component! You may find you’ll receive more answers and support there as we are mostly active there! You can read the thread “Board Organization” to get a better idea of things flow here! Hopefully you stick around and enjoy all the support this BMB can offer! 

@b@BumpAdmin to close this thread 
    Rules like this are why I've found this app to be suddenly very overbearing. No one here owns this app or it's discussions so making "rules" and then posting on someone's thread where people are clearly commenting telling her to read the rules "some people" decided to put into place and to close this thread is really a bit much.

• @mrsngomessingaround the board organization is set up and agreed upon by contributing members! It’s put in place to try and make the app actually more easily accessible. In the weekly threads there is a prompt for questions and sharing in
    things like these and that is also where it is appropriate to consult the group if a one-off thread would be appropriate to start! When you have a BMB full of one off posts by knotties it’s hard for newcomers to get to know the active group participants and where the current threads are and where to engage. I know it may seem frustrating but a lot of us are also coming from the TTGP board which has been active and smoothly run for many years and is an amazing supportive community in which BMBS are being based off of and the TTGP boards run so well because of the “rules” in place! If you disagree or want to suggest a change in something you can also comment under the board organization thread! It’s supposed to be a little more democratic than it comes off but those of us who are seasoned app users know the repercussions of letting the boards run wild also! 
  • @mrsngomessingaround the board organization is set up and agreed upon by contributing members! It’s put in place to try and make the app actually more easily accessible. In the weekly threads there is a prompt for questions and sharing in
    things like these and that is also where it is appropriate to consult the group if a one-off thread would be appropriate to start! When you have a BMB full of one off posts by knotties it’s hard for newcomers to get to know the active group participants and where the current threads are and where to engage. I know it may seem frustrating but a lot of us are also coming from the TTGP board which has been active and smoothly run for many years and is an amazing supportive community in which BMBS are being based off of and the TTGP boards run so well because of the “rules” in place! If you disagree or want to suggest a change in something you can also comment under the board organization thread! It’s supposed to be a little more democratic than it comes off but those of us who are seasoned app users know the repercussions of letting the boards run wild also! 
    Being a seasoned board member still doesn't give you the right to say that we all agreed on these rules. There are 7 posts in that thread...158 in the introductions. I'd say there are 7 of you who agreed and 151 of us who do what we want and I guess "run wild".
  • @mrsngomessingaround do what what you want but don’t be surprised if you don’t get much support as the daily contributing group members typically try and follow the group flow. And As I said before if someone wants to change something it can be voted on by all. These “rules” have existed in BMBS for years and years and years. It’s also us active group members who try and enforce them to have a smoothly running BMB. 
  • I did sneak peak and I'm not telling anyone untill Inget an ultrasound at 16 weeks to confirm, I've heard to many false results with sneak peek. I'm 10 weeks and had it done at 8 weeks.