January 2023 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 06/01

What made you say WTF this week?

Re: WTF Wednesday 06/01

• Options
    My 18 month old took 20min to battle into the car seat today making me late for work 😬 it’s a 50/50 chance whether or not it’ll take 2 seconds or 20min idk why he hates the car so much but he always has.
  • Options
    @tryingktogku I hate the car battle.  My kids never like being in the car and it's always a bunch of complaining.  Or my toddler wants to do it herself, but then won't actually get in her seat and just wants to mess around and climb in other parts of the car.  Then gets mad when I pick her up and put her in the seat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tryingktogku apparently my 5yo had to poop and made my husband stop twice this morning. The battle never stops. 
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond @footdrbritt well I’m glad I’m not the only one! All those around me have babies and toddler that love the car so I feel like I’m the only one and I also feel like I’ve tried everything and nothing works but eventually forcing him in 
  • Options
    @tryingktogku my 5 year old is *independent* to the max so it’s a fight daily, the 2 year old is currently in casts to his hips so he’s easier at the moment to force in
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @footdrbritt this is it for us too my 18 month old is quite advanced for development and wants to do everything himself and when he wants lol I had to give up on the high chair and put a kids table and chair in my dining area because I was just so done fighting to get him in that lol but I can’t give up the car seat that’s safety lol 

also why is your 2 year old in casts! I’m so sorry that must be hard to manage!
  • Options
    @tryingktogku he has clubfoot (go figure since I’m a podiatrist) and he needed revision surgery so we have 4 weeks of hip down casts. It’s awful.

My WTF is why am I so bloated?! I think my body has decided to just assume to pregnant position
  • Options
    @footdrbritt omg same, SO bloated. Between my natural pre-existing tummy pudge and the bloat, I look 6 months pregnant. I’m dreading someone telling me that I’m “showing” when in reality my uterus is still tucked behind my pubic bone for another 5-6 weeks.
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe same, my patients have zero filter and I look about 6 mo pregnant too
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe @footdrbritt the bloat is soooo bad. It is really the worst right now. I don’t remember this at all with my first 2 pregnancies. I also think I might have a cold/virus from pushing myself too hard on this week trip away, I woke up with aches all over.  We are finally home. I do not recommend traveling in the first trimester with no assistance. The kids helped carry their backpacks when they could through the airport but I found myself needing to stop and put everything down so I didn’t pass out. Currently laying in bed hoping bed time goes smoothly tonight so I can get a good nights sleep in my own bed. 
  • Options
    I definitely feel like I look 8 months pregnant already from how bloated I am this time around. With my girl, it took forever to look pregnant instead of like I had a beer belly, and now I think I look like I skipped straight to the end! 

My other gripe is that sugar makes my morning sickness and heart burn 1000% worse, and I forgot that canned fruit has a ton of added sugar, so had some with breakfast.  I now feel awful, and also sorry for myself that I won't be able to have a slice of cake for my daughter's birthday next week. 
  • Options
    Amen to all the bloating complaints. The bloat levels are just unreal. Does it ever go down or will I just be massively bloated the whole pregnancy?
  • Options
    greenbean88greenbean88 member
    edited June 2022
    I can't believe this just happened. And I have to share it with someone..... Buckle up, it's a story! TMI warning.  :# But worth the laugh.

Before leaving to go anywhere, I've been good about using the restroom. Today, I figured 'what the heck, I just went. I'm fine.' So I get going on my drive home which is a chore by itself but of course, today was additional traffic. As I hit the beginning of traffic (AKA the merging of 4 lanes to 2 lanes in rush hour), my tummy begins to rumble. Figuring it was gas, I tried to break wind/burp. No. Just no. It's not. Helloooooo sudden wave of nausea! Oh and you brought a friend, diarrhea.

Stuck in stop and go traffic, with the next available exit 3 miles away, the battle begins. Luckily, I was able to call my SO for a distraction but when I tell you it was getting down to Guts or Glory...... Whew, Glory was on a vacation. Poor SO got a play-by-play of every move I and my guts made. Anyways, I reach the next exit, relief just a gas station away. And There. Is. No. Gas. Station. No fast food, no basic stores, it's all industrial. Noooooo!

And you can't just pull over to the side! If one goes, the other goes and I'm not about indecent exposure. I jump back on the highway and book it for home. It's all I can do. The battle is raging and I'm losing. By some miracle (and a bit of speeding) I make it home and SO is ready with the door open and trash bag ready.

The battle is over.
    But in the end, did I really win?

Happy Friday mamas! Hope your drives are much less eventful!  <3
  • Options
    @greenbean88 🤣🤣 basically the perfect encapsulation of the first tri experience. I'm so glad you were able to make it home.