Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 5.23

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ballgame. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation.

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?: 

GTKY: You were just given $10,000 that you have to spend on your home right now. What would you do? 

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 5.23

• Diagnosis (if you've been): anovulatory PCOS

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched):  TI

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): have been done BCP for about 3 days now so Aunt Flo should be here by the end of today! Then I’ll find out tomorrow what the game plan is with the clinic but I’ll be travelling there for Cd 3-5 blood work and ultrasound and staring clomid (plan is adding ovidrel and progesterone this cycle) 

How are things going?: I’m feeling really optimistic  and excited. Even if we don’t end up PG I’ll just be happy if I’m able to successfully induce ovulation because that’s my issue lol 

Any questions?: not right now! 

GTKY: You were just given $10,000 that you have to spend on your home right now. What would you do? Well I mean we are currently dropping about $10 000 on a huge backyard renovation right now so I guess compete that haha! Other than that the only things we have left to renovate in our home is to build our bar downstairs and re-do the upstairs bathroom! It’s been 3 years of non-stop renovations for up but we are almost done and really made our house into our dream home!
  • Diagnosis (if you've been): RPL, MFI, possible Funky Blood

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): IVF BCP cycle

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): BCP I'm almost done 9 days left 

How are things going?: Hanging in there. Ready to move forward

Any questions?: Nope

GTKY: You were just given $10,000 that you have to spend on your home right now. What would you do? I would probably buy a new bedroom set.  I don't think that would cover any of the renovations I dream of. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
    May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
    Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
    Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
    Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
    July 2022 - FET

• Loading the player...
  • @gingermama29 yay for not being benched! My parents have a 4 season sunroom and it’s SO nice! It started out as a summer only room too but they added a wood fireplace and insulated it etc and it’s now my fav room in their house in the winter!

@mambo5-2 almost done with the BCP wo
  • Diagnosis (if you've been): uncooperative uterus/RPL... TBD

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): benched, but out of purgatory at least! 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): waiting on chromosomal results and OB f/u on 5/31

How are things going?: i'm ok **TW MC/D&C** the recovery this time was a lot harder, but i finally stopped needing the monster ibuprofens friday **end TW**

Any questions?: natm

GTKY: You were just given $10,000 that you have to spend on your home right now. What would you do? oh man, we've basically spent the last 5 years rehabbing our 1947 colonial, so i'm good! i would save it for another house! 

@tryingktogtku fingers crossed for you!! isn't it wild how pricey it can be to move around dirt!
    @mambo5-2 home stretch on the bcp!!! are you feeling any better on it?
    @gingermama29 yay for vacations! you're so much more responsible than me, i just did our eurostar and hotels for paris/london today... and we leave in a month. oops.
  • @anniemarie887 I was finally not super nauseated today. I love the monster ibuprofens, I have a prescription for them because they are the best.

@gingermama29 I am so happy you aren't benched. Also take me on Vaca with you.  I absolutely am not allowed to travel when I am pregnant because of my history and it sucks. 

@tryingktogku I want to reno part of our back yard but its going to be awhile before its done. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    July 2022 - FET

• bearmomma1bearmomma1 member
    edited May 2022
    @tryingktogku Woohoo! My CD 1 is today and we'll be doing a very similar protocol. I hope you get an ovulation this time! Fingers crossed to us both!
    @mambo5-2 9 pills of bc in the pack, 9 pills of bc, take one out and gulp it down, 8 pills of bc in the pack.
    @gingermama29 I hope your betas show back at 0 and it's time to get started on the next cycle.
    @anniemarie887 horray for being out of purgatory. I'm sorry to hear your recovery was rougher this go around. I hope the results from the chromosome testing brings you some answers.

Diagnosis (if you've been): DOR, Luteal phase defect

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): TI

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Going to start off 100mg of clomid this time. Hopefully my aging ovaries respond better and we see more than one tiny follicle.

How are things going?: Things are ok. I think this will be our last round of TI before trying IUI again. But if I'm not responding to clomid that well, with only 1 follicle showing up, is it even worth it to do IUI? Or do we try a new protocol first to get my body to produce some eggs? I'm still afraid we've run out of time.

Any questions?: 

GTKY: You were just given $10,000 that you have to spend on your home right now. What would you do?  Master bathroom for sure. We have a tiny outdated bathroom that 1 person barely fits. I would love to have 2 sinks as my H's tiny beard trimmings might be the thing that ends our marriage.

TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• edited May 2022
    @tryingktogku i hope AF turns up on time and that you have a successful cycle!
    @mambo5-2 yay for the end in sight. I'm so excited for your cycle and hope you get lots of good eggs from it.
    @anniemarie887 good riddance to purgatory. i'm sorry you're still benched but at least things are moving forward finally.
    @bearmomma1 I would say if you're not responding well to clomid and the goal is producing more than one egg, you should consider whether other options are better. i can't remember, have you tried letrozole? as for an IUI, it can be useful if you and your partner have MFI, but as far as I understand it there is not that much benefit otherwise by comparison with TI. An IUI is basically a hitchhiking opportunity partway down the road, but if the swimmers are strong, it is only a small part of the equation.

Diagnosis (if you've been): old ovary, endo

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): IVF

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): waiting for a bleed after retrieval

How are things going?: Well, I finally got my callback for my fertilization rate and, womp womp, not super great. I had only 8 of the 13 fertilize. They've all been frozen and will be reawakened after my next retrieval in July, and batched together with whatever I glean from that cycle. As much as I wish this weren't the case, I think @acleverusername was right when she said she would have pushed to do another day of stims to try to get some of those little follicles into stronger contention. My RE will collect any follicles he can, even those smaller than 10mm, but the maturity rates are better when they're larger, and my five smallest follicles at trigger were all around 10. I am a little surprised that none of them were mature, but oh well.

Any questions?: nope.

GTKY: You were just given $10,000 that you have to spend on your home right now. What would you do?
    My wooden floors desperately need resurfacing. Like, they haven't sanded since the house was built back in 1970, and they're all dinged up and there are some huge scars. I would do that first and foremost. In fact, I was just checking in on pricing for this a couple of days ago. Project #2 (and probably the more expensive project) would be replacing the windows with good double-paned glass.

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • @optimistgardener I think your fert rate is better than you think. Yes, it was only 8, but it sounds like only 8 of 13 might have been mature, in which case you have yourself a 100% fert rate. How does that compare with previous 2 cycles? Maybe chat with your doc about stimming 1 extra day next time? 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• edited May 2022
    @acleverusername my previous maturity/fert rates were 8R/7M/5F and 5R/4M/4F, so i am usually not terrible in my maturity/fert %s. I hear your point re: the number not actually being that bad under the circumstances. I'd just unwisely allowed myself to dream in terms of double digits.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • How about thinking of basically a 100% increase in fert rates?! It's all in the framing, right?! 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• @tryingktogku I’m glad you have a solid plan for this coming cycle!

@mambo5-2 You’re almost done! Woo!

@gingermama29 Ooh, yay for getting that trip booked. Planning to do some fun sightseeing things while you’re there too?

@anniemarie887 I’m sorry for the rough recovery, but so glad you’re coming out the other side now. I’ll be waiting to hear what you find out about the chromosomal results.

@bearmomma1 I don’t have any insight on the IUI, but I hope the increased dose of Clomid does the trick for you. I always worry that I’ve missed my window, so I feel you on that.

@optimistgardener I’m sorry the fertilization rates weren’t what you were hoping for. Hopefully it is like @acleverusername says and that some were just too little and not actually “failures.” I am enjoying the image of your fertilized eggs waking up in the garden like little Cabbage Patch dolls in July, although I have no idea why that is the thought that popped in my head.

• Diagnosis (if you've been): RPL, old, and otherwise unknown as of yet

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): TI (benched according to the RE, but mwahaha)

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Just chilling this cycle until the HSG next cycle if we’re unsuccessful this time.

How are things going?: TTC-wise they are going okay. I’m hopeful this cycle which is always dangerous. I’m sure the stark white test tomorrow will bring me back to reality. In other life news, I only have a week left at my current job. I’m super busy trying to wrap things up, which is probably good because it doesn’t leave me much time to wallow in all the emotions of leaving. I know this is the right decision, but damn change is hard.

Any questions?: Not today

GTKY: You were just given $10,000 that you have to spend on your home right now. What would you do? I would love to create a back deck/ patio area, but the responsible choice would probably be to lay a new driveway.

• Did I have a panic attack last night at 1 am about not having enough meds? Yes I did.  Did I call my RE to confirm that I had enough meds? Yes I did. I really hope I respond well. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• @kiki047
    That sounds like a crazy wedding experience! HOLY CRAP.  I am so happy your new ND made you feel seen, heard and validated. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• @kiki047 so am i reading this right that xfer day is next thursday? bc i am over here excited for you! also, wow, that wedding sounds insane... we had a terrible derecho back in 2012 move thru the DC metro area the night of my friends' wedding... very similar situation, their entire reception wound up being powered by generators actually... and then 18 mos later they divorced. 
  • kiki047kiki047 member
    @tryingktogku sounds like you've got a great plan in place for this cycle. Sorry you're stuck having to travel to the clinic for the monitoring but FX everything happens as it should and you get to ovulate this cycle!
    @mambo5-2 Hopefully you have a good response to the meds. My first clinic used to dispense everything at the beginning, whether I needed it or not. I ended up paying wayy more than I needed to for meds I didn't even use (and then they expired before I could use it for my next cycle because of Covid delays). My current clinic literally dispenses the exact amount you need so you don't even have a day of extra meds between appointments, which I found even more stressful. You'll have lots of monitoring through IVF so you'll have time to be able to source extra if needed, it's not something anyone can predict until you're in the thick of it. 
    @gingermama29 really hoping your beta is back down to 0 this week so you can move on. 
    @anniemarie887 oof to your recovery, but glad to hear you're finally feeling better. And yes, transfer is next Thurs June 2nd. The lead up to the wedding was so wild. I was in the mall while the storm blew through so other than the lights flickering once, the backup generators came on so we didn't even know what was happening until they made announcements and then the power was out in the rest of the mall and I couldn't leave. Funny enough, my Mom also happened to be there exchanging a shirt so I bumped into her and we went and sat in the food court and waited it out. I really don't know what they would have done if the power hadn't come back on. Generators would work for some things but not all. 
    @bearmomma1 FX the increase dose does the trick, or perhaps next time you would be allowed to try something stronger like injectables for IUI. IMO I still think it's worth it to go ahead with the IUI even with only 1 follicle but that's definitely something to talk to your Dr about going forward.
    @optimistgardener I agree with clever and bumblebee that I know it feels like a letdown when your # retrieved seemed so much higher and your fert "rate" seemed low, but 8 fertilized is a great number to work with and that's almost more than both previous retrievals combined so I'm celebrating on your behalf!! 
    @abjm0325 ohh I think I missed you saying you did end up deciding to leave your current job - that's both exciting and terrifying. Good luck wrapping all of that up. FWIW, I love that you're hopeful and I will jump on that train with you and ride it to the end, wherever you end up. <3 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• edited May 2022
    thanks @bumblebee0210, @acleverusername, and @kiki047 for pointing out the good news, which is the sheer number of fertilized eggs. I will say i have come around on this from my disappointment yesterday. I just had to have a moment of, like, why am i not a unicorn 🙄. I also did the math and realized that my fertilization percentage is basically the same as my first cycle, which i think i hadn't realized when i was first looking at the numbers. 8 out of 13 "feels" worse than 5 out of 8, even though it is really not.
    also @kiki047 that's wonderful that you have a new naturopath who is a better fit! having someone who understands the struggles of IF is so important.
    History
  • @optimistgardener yea, this is where my hesitation is to try for more IUI's, since my H's sperm is seemingly perfect. I think if I don't respond to clomid again, it's definitely time to try something else next time. It's just last year I did respond to it, with the second round having a much stronger response, so it's weird that I didn't last cycle. Hopefully this 2nd round will have another strong reaction.
    @abjm0325 haha i love the muahahaha's of your post. I hope you don't get a stark white test tomorrow!
    @kiki047 I think if we were to go the injectable route, which hopefully would be an option if I still don't respond, I think I would go IUI for sure just to give it all we have. but holy shit that sounds like a crazy series of events leading up to the wedding! I know they say that something always goes wrong at a wedding, but that's just waaay too much. Glad it turned out OK in the end! And whaat, Next Thursday transfer day?? so so exciting!! As for Mediterranean diet foods, I'm not sure what's on the official diet list, but I'm half Armenian and am semi familiar with their foods. Homemade hummus, lots of ways to cook salmon, chicken/steak kabas, cucumber tomato salads with good olive oil and feta, baked falafel, bruschetta, yogurts and eggs for breakfast, and plain yogurt to make dips/sauces with, rice pilaf, pita breads. ok, now I'm hungry.

TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• kiki047kiki047 member
    @bearmomma1 ohh all of that sounds so delicious. Now I'm extra excited for my garden to really get going, all of that sounds so much more appealing if I can use my own veggies because my garden turned me into a major vegetable snob LOL. 
    @optimistgardener I totally understand the disappointment, I mean why couldn't you be a unicorn? I would love that for you. 

One interesting thing my naturopath suggested is that iron can sometimes hamper implantation, so she said this is an extremely UO but to stop taking my prenatal until after my confirmed beta, then we can think about adding it back in. I'll stay on everything else including my supplemental methylfolate so I at least have that support, but the key right now is in reducing inflammation and to only take the things I absolutely need to take (also removed magnesium and calcium for now). 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 🦄
    History
  • @kiki047 re: iron contributing to inflammation is definitely something I heard from my functional medicine doctor. Might be something to try for a short period for sure!!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 So so happy that you feel supported and seen by this new doctor. I love the backstory of how the clinic got started. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @kiki047 Thanks for joining me on the crazy ride! BFN this morning, so probably on the way down for this cycle. I am so happy that you clicked so well with your new ND. They sound like the perfect fit and I'm excited to hear what all they share with you. That wedding sounds WILD!

@gingermama29 Woohoo!!!
  • anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited May 2022
    @gingermama29 oh i know the relief of that number!
    @abjm0325 i'm sorry for the BFN
  • I thought AF showed up last evening but then she decided to disappear again. I am not amused. Stupid lingering progesterone. I went ahead and scheduled my SHG for June 6th, so I have that going for me at least.

@kiki047 Ugh, all of that time at the clinic sounds so draining. I'm glad that part is over for you and that everything is looking good so far. Not that my opinion matters in the slightest, but I think you should stick with transferring two. You'll always wonder if you don't try it, and if you miraculously had twins I know you would be just fine! 
  • Found this handy guide: 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• edited May 2022
    oh that is a nice handy chart! thanks @acleverusername!
    ETA: except i thought a morula came before blastocyst stage? i'm confused now
    History
  • Oh haha. Yeah… must be a typo. It’s  a morula than a blast.
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @kiki047 your lining numbers are great! hopefully it's now even a little bit thicker and things will be perfect for the start of the PIO before transfer. i can imagine that the choice to transfer 1 vs 2 would be a hard one. I am sure you explained the RE's logic for transferring two already, but remind me? Most of the time when I see people transferring 2, it is because the embryos are untested.
    History
  • @optimistgardener FWIW, TEW will transfer 2 singles (euploid) and if that doesn’t take, she transfers 2 (euploid).
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022