September 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly check in 5/23

13»

Re: Weekly check in 5/23

• Options
    @jhysmath so there's caps for gr1-3 but for the english strand it was 20 and for the french immersion side it was 23. Which isn't right, a primary cap is a primary cap regardless of the program. And the rest of the grades don't have caps. We have lots of splits as well. Anyways they weren't approved to allow 23 on one side but not the other so it reorganized the higher grade splits to open up another class. It was like a domino effect plus they got more regrisations when they closed a bunch of virtual classes. 
  • Options
    @nightknight I get this tight discomfort along the top of the belly where it meets the chest wall if I lean over while sitting (usually while trying to eat) and then I have to keep rubbing it to make it calm down. Twice I thought the baby kicked me up there but I think I was having a muscle spasm or something along the ribs. It’s odd! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mnmomma84 yes, they place a catheter after! My epidural experience was great, but once they removed the catheter, I couldn't pee on my own and it was seriously more uncomfortable than labor. Had to get 4 more catheters after that.. :s

• Options
    @nightknight Yes to the rib pain. Somehow little man has figured out how to get his feet right under my ribs on the right side so I am constantly getting kicked there too. Cute now, but its not going to be so much fun in a few weeks.
  • Options
    @foreveronyourside I’m honestly in between trying to not be worried and freaking about labor- thank you for sharing your story 💕 

reading others stories has been pretty helpful for me mentally! 

Also- holy super woman! 12+ hours of labor! That is incredible… like I don’t wish that on you for your second baby lol but I feel like that’s a show of how incredible the human body can be! 
  • Options
    I want to hear all the stories! What are some good video resources? Did anybody just goodie them? We don’t have cable but I’m guessing there will be some sort of labor and delivery type stuff on Netflix or peacock. 
  • Options
    @maple1422https://youtube.com/c/Sarah-Lavonne these aren’t necessarily birth stories but she has very informative labour and delivery related videos! Just search what you want to learn about. She’s a trained L&D nurse, who is currently a doula and runs courses for other L&D nurses. 
  • Options
    I thought I cut my text out on this thread when I pasted it to the other one! I didn't mean to double up. I felt that the other thread would be a better spot for it. Thank you @newbabymama27!
  • Options
    wendy-gwendy-g member
    The shaving of the lady bits discussion.. I gave up a long time ago, but my husband trims it up for me. I can't see anything past my belly, but can't stand feeling like Chewbacca.  

𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  Sep 4 / 25+5 

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: Prairie Dog

𝗙𝗧𝗠/𝗦𝗧𝗠/𝗧𝗧𝗠+/𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱: FTM

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: Blue

Baby's Name (if chosen): Nevillen

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: June 13th for glucose test

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?: I feel great, just constantly hungry nowadays 

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀/𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: Rave - had an amazing babymoon at the beach last week. We got to see several of our favorite bands at Rockville music festival and had tons of relaxation on the beach. We finally announced our pregnancy on social media as well. Our baby shower invites have all been mailed out and my sister has started on the Harry Potter mural in the nursery. 

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀: 

𝗚𝗧𝗞𝗬: what's your biggest fear?
    Death of a loved one. I've lost many people over the last few years and some were unexpected. It's constantly in the back of my mind when I'm talking to someone, if it's going to be the last time I see them.
  • Options
    @wendy-g your babymoon sounds amazing! Also very excited about your mural! Did you go with a theme for your shower?
  • Options
    wendy-gwendy-g member
    @maple1422 We are doing a woodland theme shower. How about you, any specific plans for a baby shower?
  • Options
    We're going to do woodland/river theme too! I still need to get my list of invitees to my sister so she can send out invitations. We're doing ours August 6, and I'm worried everybody's summers will already be booked. I should have given her the list last month!
  • Options
    @wendy-g I had to have my husband help with a trim this week too. Twas a very new experience for the both of us ha!
  • Options
    @wendy-g @mamamoomoo12 Y'all have a lot of faith in your husbands wielding sharp items around intimate bits! I think this is both intimidating and a thing of beauty.
  • Options
    wendy-gwendy-g member
    @maple1422 We are having to do ours on June 12th, which is earlier than we wanted. We found out just a few weeks ago that my in-laws are traveling out of town pretty much all summer, so we had to hurry up and plan and get invites out. A little frustrating since they planned all these trips at the last minute knowing that we would have a baby shower then.

@mamamoomoo12 It was definitely a new experience for us as well, but so far so good! The best part is how serious my husband's face gets while he's doing it. It makes me laugh haha

@pangolindrome I was very, very nervous at first, but he has been very gentle and takes his time.