October 2022 Moms

Product Spotlight: Bottle Warmers & Other Accessories

bows22bows22 member
edited May 2022 in October 2022 Moms
Copied from another BMB, lots of things to consider here!

Warmers: Did you use? For thawing or for bringing milk to a temp that baby liked? For every bottle? Where did you keep the warmer? Pros/cons of specific brands? Do you have other relevant info I’m forgetting?

Sanitizers: did you have a stand-alone sanitizer or some disposable sanitizing bags to pop in the microwave? Pros/cons? How many bottles would it fit and how long did it take - Ie was it worth it on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to run that number of loads? Pros/cons of specific brands?

Dryers/Drying Racks: anything special? What was the advantage over what you normally use for drying dishes?

Bottle and nipple brushes: what did you use? Bristle, bristle/foam, foam only? Pros/cons? How often did you need to replace?

Other: what did you find you needed and why?

Re: Product Spotlight: Bottle Warmers & Other Accessories

• bows22bows22 member
    Good grief, I just realized on 5/2 I skipped a product and we are a week ahead on the schedule now. I’ll do the skipped one next week so we can get back on track! Pregnancy brain in full force over here. 
  • I used a microwave sterilizer for immediate use. I would just boil nipples and pacifiers. Most of the time I just stuck it in the dishwasher. 
    I just used hot water to warm up frozen milk but honestly I did it so infrequently that I don't really think it's helpful. My sister had the baby brezza and loved it for her three kids. 
    As trendy as they are I really loved the Boon grass. I'm pretty sure I still have it. I liked it better than my previous bottle drying rack. It looks nicer. It holds little things better. I had the tree accessories and stuff. I plan on having it again even if I have to buy it again. I used the silicone flower brush and I have a lot of small wire brushes for cleaning straws etc. They also have different sizes which I'm a fan of. 
  • Loading the player...
  • mia80mia80 member
    We had the Dr Brown's sterilizer and liked it.  It was a hand-me-down from my sister-in-law, so not sure if we would have gone with a different one if we had to buy it, but it worked.  We also had the Munchkin portable UV mini sterilizer for binky's and used the Medela microwave bags for any quick sterilization stuff we needed. Our water has a lot of calcium in it, so I personally hated just boiling in a pot because it left film everywhere!  

For drying racks, I used the boon sprig drying rack, and it was okay (it's the one that looks like a field of trees). I'd probably get something more like the Munchkin foldable one if I didn't have this one already.

Also we had a baby brezza, and I LOVED it!!!!!!  I breastfed to 6 months, but we had to supplement in the evenings and it just made everything so much easier!  I know some people have concerns with bacteria, but we didn't use it until ~5 months and I we only used distilled water (although that was mostly because of calcium build-up), so I felt like it was safe. 
  • rcgwrcgw member
    Munchkin has a bottle warmer we're considering - has anyone used or seen it in person and have an opinion? I know baby brezza is great for most everything, but the munchkin one is like 1/3 the price. 
  • With my first I never used the bottle warmer but he was a formula baby so that may have something to do it with it. I also never really used the large sterilizer, in the exhaustion I typically would just boil or use the microwave sterilizer. I realized I only used the larger counter one when I was packing away the baby stuff I sterilizer everything before packing. 
  • We just boiled for first use and then my midwife said since we have great filtration in our city hot soapy water was just fine for keeping clean unless baby was sick, in which case I would sterilize every time until he was better. He was mostly breastfed though so bottles weren't used often. We use them more now that I've weaned him off nursing.
  • I had the Baby Brezza automatic formula mixer for my last baby and I absolutely loved it. However this time around I’m trying to avoid plastic, especially plastics that get heated, which means the Baby Brezza is out. I really wish there was a product using glass/stainless steel but doesn’t seem like it exists, please correct me if I’m wrong!