September 2022 Moms

Weekly randoms, week of 5/16

2»

Re: Weekly randoms, week of 5/16

• kboydbowmankboydbowman member
    edited May 2022
    It's that time again!

This week's fun with stats:

(Once again, data is primarily gathered from the introductions and ultrasounds posts, with occasional additions from the weekly updates thread).

1) We currently have 50 women who are active in this board.  "Active" in this case being defined as having posted within the past two weeks. Of our active ladies,
    • 1 is due in middle August but has chosen to hang out with us
    • 14 are due in the first week of September (9/1-9/7)
    • 10 are due in the second week of September (9/8-9/15)
    • 13 are due in the third week of September (9/16-9/22)
    • 11 are due in the last week of September (9/23-9/30)
    • 1 is due in the first week of October
    2) In terms of age, of our active ladies,
    • 13 are age 25-29
    • 13 are age 30-34
    • 9 are age 35-39
    • 3 are 40 and over
    • 12 have not disclosed their age
    3) What baby number is it for our active ladies?
    • For 32 of us, it's the first baby.
    • For 10 of us, it's the second baby.
    • For 4 of us, it's the third or more baby.
    • For 4 of us, this data is unknown.
    4) Where are our active ladies?
    • 10 are outside the U.S. (Australia, Canada, Costa Rica, Norway) 
    • 4 are in the Pacific coast states (CA, OR, WA)
    • 7 are in the Midwest (MI, MN, NE) 
    • 3 are in the Northeast (MA, NH) 
    • 2 are in the mid-Atlantic (PA)
    • 4 are in the Southeast (GA, NC, SC)
    • 1 is in the Deep South (LA)
    • 19 have not disclosed their location.
    • So far we have no ladies who have reported their location as Appalachia (e.g., WV, KY), the Southwest (e.g., AZ, NM) or non-continental states (HI, AK)
    6) For sex, so far...
    • 22 mamas have announced for team blue 
    • Planned boy names: Ephraim, Jackson, Nevillen, Noah, William, Wyoming, Zig
    • 18 mamas has officially announced for team pink
    • Planned girl names: Gracelyn, Ivy, June, Whisper
    • 5 mamas have reported they plan to be team green
    • 1 mama has announced she is having one of each (blue/pink twins!)
    *Note that these tallies indicate specific usernames who have stated explicitly the sex of their baby(ies) - this does not encapsulate the total counts on the "I'm Just Here for the SEX" post, which are higher.

7) So far, only one of our active ladies has reported they are having twins (but we do have some inactive ladies with multiples as well).

8) Other factoids:
    • We have 13 women who have posted more than 2 weeks ago but less than a month ago (2 of these have only posted once).
    • We have 210 women who have posted more than a month ago (83 of these only posted once).
    • We have unfortunately also had 8 women who have left us following confirmed losses.
    • We have 5 women who previously posted but have since deleted their accounts.
    • We have 1 woman who has since relocated to the October board.

If you don't think I'm accounting for your data (or you want to check), let me know and I'll update my spreadsheet. 
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • @kboydbowman so interesting. I love the attention to detail 
  • @kboydbowman this does not encapsulate the total courts on the ‘I'm Just Here for the SEX’ post, which are higher.”

Should this say “counts”?
  • lol it should.  i've been copy-pasting the typo for months now apparently lol
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @pangolindrome I'm sorry you're feeling that way; it's totally not fair when someone makes us feel inadequate about our pregnancies (you've gained too much, you've gained too little, etc.). You're someone who exercises regularly, from what I gather, and that means that your bump is more than likely behind stronger abdominal muscles than average. In addition to that, your uterus may be in a position that's tucked closer to your spine (I know there's a proper term for this, but my pregnancy brain makes me dumb).

I wish I could just tell you to forget what they say to you and just listen to your doctor, but I know that's easier said than done. Just know that we're here for you, through all the feelings you may have. 💛
    DD 10/2019
  • @trapperkeeper87 Thank you for reminding me of the whole “abdominal muscles” thing. Of course, thank you for all of the encouraging words❣️
    I know this fitness model I followed years ago talked about how she hardly showed until like week 30 because of abdominal muscles. I’m nowhere near someone like that, but I like to be strong enough for what life throws at me. I have always focused on having a strong core and I got really good at planks and push-ups before doggo took all my exercise time… but I still have to engage my core to keep up with her chase drive and the forest roads, so I doubt I’ve lost too much of the muscle mass I built.
    I think I needed this reflection.

I’m trying not to care and just know “healthy and growing does it” and it wasn’t even a person I would ever listen to or hang out with. Everyone carries differently. I’m more focused on the fact that bending over is getting really difficult either way. 

Gonna see if I can get out of my head now. Dog just farted on me so that should help.
  • Sorry you are having a hard moment, @pangolindrome! I hate when people think it's okay to comment on pregnant women's bodies. 
  • @pangolindrome I’m sorry. That’s rough. Some days it’s just hard to be satisfied with anything or feel like anything is going right. Last thing any of us need is a comment about how little or small we are!
  • melyraemelyrae member
    Also having lots of feelings today. Baby is due the first day of school for my husband (also a teacher). I am hoping baby is a bit early because he only gets 2 days off work. I’m terrified he will only be able to help me get the hang of things for two days then I’ll be on my own. All our family is out of town. 
    Yet he offered to ask his mom to come stay and that thought seems worse! I love her, and she knows things. But I’m so embarrassed at the idea of trying to figure this shit out while someone watches. Anyone for that matter!! I would rather it just be the two of us as we get the hang of things. But ultimately baby will choose the timing! 
  • @bigworldlittleg love the bump post. Thanks for that!
    Related to bumps but mostly random I was just complaining to my mom that I feel so huge already. With both pregnancies baby hangs out front and center. She said that of her 11 full term pregnancies, some were more on the outside and some more inside. The ones that stick out more are hard on your back with extra weight pulling your balance off and the ones that were more inside, it seemed that there wasn't as much room so she had to eat smaller meals and such. Just interesting to me about how baby is being carried effects our symptoms. I mean it makes sense, i just never thought about it. 

@melyrae maybe baby will come close to a weekend so you can have 4 days together. I agree that I'd rather not have a MIL around. I love my MIL but for ms it was one of those times I needed to figure things by myself without someone watching and potentially giving unsolicited advice. Easier said than done, but try not to stress too much. Cross that bridge when you get to it. 
  • @melyrae I'm due what I believe will be the first week of school for my husband in a new districts. Their policy is men can only take 2 days as well, which to me is crazy. He took 5 with our first, but she was born memorial day weekend so it was really 8. With our second we were teaching remotely, also memorial day weekend, so we had lots of time.

With our first he flew mil in to watch our elderly dog. I absolutely hated having her there and wished it was just us. I told him I didn't want her there when we came home from the hospital, and he sent her to bils for one night, then she was back for 2 or 3 more. I was not and still am not comfortable breastfeeding in front of her because she stares at baby while it's eating. Please lady avert your eyes when you're learning how to nurse a baby there is so much nipple showing and nakedness.i would have to go hide in another room every time I fed the baby.

I'm sure now that we will live less than an hour away from her my husband plans on having her over to "help" but I will make it clear that if I don't ask for her to come and he's not home, I do not want her there. It will likely piss my husband off but this is my last baby and I'm not dealing with that shit.
  • wisehwiseh member
    edited May 2022
    Yes @bigworldlittleg! I have a B bump and it makes me sooo self conscious, like I don't look pregnant because it's not round, just look like I've put on heaps of weight 😥 I thought I was the odd one out until I saw someone else post a picture of it on a Facebook group I'm in and a heap of other mums posted their B bumps too. Made me feel so normal!

@pangolindrome when I was pregnant with my DD I had some days where I was MASSIVE and other days where I didn't show at all, some days I was bursting out of my maternity clothes and other days I could fit my pre-pregnancy clothes - it all depended on how she was laying at the time. She was born at 9lb, so wasn't a small baby at all 😄

Edit cause I tagged the wrong person 🤦‍♀️

• @wiseh I have a b bump and find if I wear the right things it looks more like the traditional bump. I find if my underwear or pants hit by my belly button it's a pretty bad b bump, so if I'm trying to look cute she pregnant I don't wear underwear and make sure what I'm wearing is a giant full panel. Not sure if that's helpful to you or not. I was pretty sad about my b bump last of pregnancy until I figure out what made it look like that more.
  • wisehwiseh member
    Yeah that's what I do too @jhysmath. Either no undies or undies that come to my bra 🤣 I find things that compress my tummy make it more round, but that also can get really uncomfortable if I'm wearing it for too long. 
  • What do you all mean by a B bump?
    Current pregnancy -

• wisehwiseh member
    @kboydbowman your bump looks like a capital B. I tend to not take photos without my pants on because I’m not a fan of it, but this is it somewhat smoothed out, but you can see around where my bellybutton is it indents in. 

• Oh.  I have that too lol
    Current pregnancy -

• pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    @bigworldlittleg <3 now I have different feelings <3

@melyrae I have the opposite. In-laws have offered me to be at their house if I need to so they can help. I do NOT want MIL in my home because she'll realize just how tiny our space is compared to a house and cannot have that stress. I believe you will be okay. 

@babywiik ELEVEN?! Wow. Woooooooooooooooow. Also, thank you for that insight. I am wondering if my "hidden carry" is also why meals make me out of breath. I can still eat the same amount, but between baby girl and food, something has to move - so I'm guessing everything else gets a bit squished.

@wiseh Thank you. I don't know how June moves yet - I really only notice when she's going for the daily (as of this week) fun-time-with-bladder, LOL, and usually the morning-flutters-or-gentle-kicks. My husband was 9.5lb but his sisters was OVER 11. I really hope June takes after my side for size she's born at. We were all average. Very Swedish like that.

I don't have enough of a bump to know if it'll be a B or a D yet... :'D... but after a big meal I look hella more pregnant and D-shaped.
  • Baby boy has been ACTIVE today. Sitting here watching my stomach periodically bounce of its own accord.
    Current pregnancy -

• And I learned something today. I know all bumps are different but I didn't know the label terms
  • Biological existence is GROSS. I blew my nose earlier and my right sinus decided to dump a bunch of yellow. Obviously preferable to infection staying in my sinus, but still soooo gross.