June 2022 Moms

May Randoms

Guys if I could figure out how to add a gif, you know it would be Justin Timberlake.

Re: May Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • I’m shopping for loungewear sets for postpartum because I just want to feel pretty and put together. Even though I’m not 6’ tall or slender or 23 like the ladies in the product photos. And I know postpartum will be chaos. 
  • Pinterest is spamming me with belly only pregnancy posts and local lipo ads.
    I’ll stick to my over sized pj set and a cute Caden and lane blanket.
  • Tulips29Tulips29 member
    edited May 2022
    @fluteling i always eye loungewear sets or cute sweats with hoodies and wish they looked as cute on me as they do on the models. If you find some good oversized ones, please share. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Ditto - @fluteling please share if you find something you end up loving! I finally told myself to just wait until after delivery because I couldn’t pull the trigger on anything. I did buy a delivery gown from Seraphine (hasn’t arrived yet) and will probably end up wearing that around the house in the evenings now. I’ve always been a strict pants wearer at home but am definitely falling into no pants level of pregnancy.
  • KFrobKFrob member
    Postpartum is the worst. I feel so awkward when I don’t fit into regular clothes but maternity quickly becomes too big.  I’m hoping some maternity bike shorts I got will last the summer.  I picked up some over sized tees from Old Navy that still fit now so should be okay after baby comes. I got some linen maternity pants with the roll down waist band.  I also got some super wide flowy T-shirt dresses from Cotton On. https://cottonon.com/US/tina-tshirt-dress-2/248600-362.html
  • I’m eyeballing these.

Fair warning, the sizing is not inclusive. ☹️
    I’m also shopping around for button down pajama tops.
  • The return of nausea has finally hit the vomiting stage, so that’s not fun. I have absolutely no interest in eating and am struggling to hit even my minimum water goal. Not great  :s
  • @pinkkillersheep Hope you feel better. I have also been having nausea and vomiting, but mine seems to be related to the acid reflux. 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @pinkkillersheep and @romeoandjuliet146 I hope you both feel better.  Sorry you’re dealing with that. 
  • @fluteling for pajamas, my favorite has been a set from Target. I love it so much, I've bought several sets over the past year+ and plan to take a pair to the hospital with me. https://www.target.com/p/women--39-s-beautifully-soft-notch-collar-cropped-pajama-set---stars-above--8482--rose-pink-xxl/-/A-82487322

@pinkkillersheep @romeoan I hope you both feel better soon! Sucks to be dealing with the return of nausea and vomiting this late in the game. I just asked my doctor about this at my appt and was told it's normal as I had some nausea over the weekend as well.  

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @pinkkillersheep team no pants here too.  I hope you feel better soon!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • KFrobKFrob member
    I’m an exhausted disaster and cannot focus on work.  I just want to do stuff around the house and nap. 
  • @KFrob I feel bad when my DD wants to play, and I'm tired and just want a nap. 
  • @KFrob lol I feel the same, but I want the stuff to be magically be done for me so I could nap or relax. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @KFrob Same same. I feel pretty pathetic sitting here at work staring at my screen wishing I could nap. My office has a Wellness Room that I’ve been taking a few minutes in to rest in the mid morning.
  • Besides a hospital bag, I am also packing a bag for my 3 year old which includes some toys and surprises for her.
  • Just ordered $200 worth of stuff from Target using our registry code so we actually have diapers and all that stuff.  Most importantly a baby book for foot prints since we are only a few weeks out.  Whoops.
  • Has anyone bought the built to birth course? Is it worth it?? I’m debating since there is a 50% off Mother’s Day sale! 
  • I just realized that I registered for so many swaddles (because they’re adorable) and like all of them have been purchased. I do not swaddle my offspring, so thank goodness they make such good burp cloths and sun shades. 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @bww_0331 I did that last week.  I was like how does it feel like we need so much stuff when this is our 4th kid!? I got the diapers when they were having one of those deals where you spent so much and got a gift card (and Target brand was included cause it’s usually not) 

@marionberry19 I also have a problem with cute swaddles/receiving blankets 

@romeoandjuliet146 I need to pack the kids’ bags too! I also need to figure out several plans for who is watching them… we were thinking maybe DH would go home with them this time instead of staying overnight at the hospital but our hospital’s Covid protocols won’t allow him to come back if he leaves. 
  • Got this yesterday. After my DD had fun playing with it  :) I used it and liked it.

• Ran out of Unisom for my B6/Unisom cocktail last night. Rough night of tossing and turning compounded with heightened nausea today. Husband is being fantastic today though and letting me rest and do minimal parenting. 
  • @bww_0331 Sadness about the rough night of sleep but glad you got a little bit of a break this Mother’s Day!

I’ve been getting up at 5 AM on the dot every morning lately for unknown reasons. Doesn’t matter what time I go to bed. I get up at 5 and lay there for a couple of hours, which is just long enough to get maybe 30-45 minutes of sleep before my alarm goes off. 
  • Went for a long-ish walk today and I feel like my sides are splitting. I guess my sweatpants don't offer the support this bump needs. Hell if I'm buying more maternity pants at this point though.
    @fluteling Nail polish is fun though! I should do a pedicure soon. Come to think on it, any grooming south of my belly button is going to be nigh impossible soon so I should probably get some leg shaving done. 
  • @bww_0331 sorry about lack of sleep, but glad you had a relaxing Mother's Day! 

@fluteling I could barely bend down to tie my shoes at this point, how in the world did you manage to paint your nails? You're officially a super hero in my book. 

@mauvelousone I feel the same after long walks. My doctor suggested an underbelly band, but just like more maternity pants, I don't know if it's worth investing into one at this point.

So at my last appointment my OB prescribed heartburn medication and I don't know what the heck took me so long to ask for it. I haven't had heartburn in almost a week and I feel like a whole new person. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 I call it frog stance 😂 belly hanging down and legs out to either side. But then I balanced out my success by almost falling out of the shower trying to shave my legs. Balance is not my forte.
    My toddler today was a terror. Like worst he’s ever been terror. And I can’t wrestle or manhandle him into his car seat because I am pregnant out to here and have problems moving myself. This is going to be a loooong 5 weeks. Well. It already was. 🙃
  • I got stuck on the floor last night.
    I was working on getting something together to mail and arranging it to look cute and then I tried to get up, but between the SI joint disfunction and the pubic symphysis disfunction I couldn’t move. At first it was funny. Like “jeez, I’m like the lady in the Life Alert commercials lol. Just 40 years too soon.” And then I realized that I really was like that lady, because no one was going to be able to help me. I was downstairs, no one would hear me yelling. I had my phone, but everything is set on do not disturb until the morning. So then I started crying. And then I was ugly crying. Then I just full on lay down for a while. Now it was past midnight. I could either spend the night locked in a position downstairs or try and get up. So after slowly slowly trying to roll, I pulled myself up mostly with upper body strength and got my butt upstairs.
    Now my husband is going away for the weekend and I’m trying not to be terrified of being left alone.
  • @fluteling It does sound comical but then serious when you realized you were SOL! I'm glad to hear you were able to get yourself up! 
  • @fluteling That is scary. I'm glad you got up.
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited May 2022
    @fluteling omg that’s so scary!  I would have been panicking.  

I just got home from the doctor and this baby is giant.  I’m either going to have her early or have another big baby.  Now I’m freaking out that I only have a couple of weeks left to get everything we need and get stuff cleaned and organized.  
  • @fluteling I would have been freaked out as well! Glad you were able to get upstairs! Hopefully you have some help around in case you need it while your husband is gone. 

@KFrob what are they telling you for measurements? Out of 3 kids, this is the first time I'm being told approximate size and he's measuring above average, so my MFM also freaked me out I'm going to have a giant baby. No wonder I feel like an immobile whale most days now. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• KFrobKFrob member
    @Tulips29 the doctor told me she’s on track to be around 8.5+ pounds.  The tech told me she might even be bigger since her head was in a bad spot to measure.  DD3 was 8lbs7oz and I had a feeling this one was big too. My OCD tendencies are wanting me to not go early and have the big baby haha.  I want my induction and not to go into labor on my own. 
  • Braxton Hicks really making me nervous today. I think he may have dropped right onto a pelvic nerve. Still 3-4 weeks before I really need to be paranoid about contractions, but I'm glad I've got the OB on Tuesday. 
  • @mauvelousone
    Eeek! You too?! 
    Suddenly Thursday night I had 8-12 Braxton Hicks every hour. 
    They eventually calmed down after I went to bed but it had me worried. 
    My other 2 began with water breaking so I’m hoping I’ll be that “lucky” again. 
    Was that your first day of constant B.H.’s? 
    Any better today? 
  • Yeah that was the first time. I didn't have them in my first pregnancy. Thing 1 was born 2 weeks early, with my water breaking after about 14 hours of what I'd figured were BH, so now I'm extra paranoid about them. I've had a few instances of cramps since Saturday night but nothing as worrisome.
  • @mauvelousone
    that’s good! 
    I know…. BH are making us sit on edge. 
    Just to think we are all right around the corner from holding our baby 🥴😬
    Not knowing what to expect is the hardest part for me. Especially now this is my 3rd & I feel like I’m winging life with everything. 
  • edited May 2022
    It’s officially summer here in Arizona. I could’ve said that 2 weeks ago when we experienced 100 degrees. 
    I’m not ready. 🥵
    everything seems 10xs harder when it’s a furnace outside. 

Anyone noticing hiccups? 👀
    Little guy gets them 4 + a day & always when he wakes up from a nap. 
    Like hey mommy, I’m awake now! 
    My whole belly shakes/jerks 😵‍💫
    he always hangs out on my left side with his kicks on my right.