May 2022 Moms

Just checking in

How’s everyone still on here doing? As we hit the second half of the month, I’m just thinking of everybody still awaiting the arrival of their babe! 

Re: Just checking in

• Due today and still waiting for baby girl 😭😩 pelvis pressure is no joke this time around. 
  • saizbatsaizbat member
    40 + 2 today. Started having regular contractions since 12 am, now it's been 11 hours. Midwife said to wait till they get more intense before heading to hospital. Hopefully this is it and not a false alarm!
  • Loading the player...
  • @saizbat
    ahhhh I hope it's go time for you! Good luck :smile:

@kt_mendez
    ditto here on the pressure. Hoping for due date luck for you! 
  • saizbatsaizbat member
    @coffeemamaaaaa Still just 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced 😔
  • I’m going in for my c section on Tuesday(5/17)!!! 6am check in and 8am surgery. I’m soooo ready!!! I feel massive and I’m not sleeping well… yes, I know my baby will keep me up but at least I’ll be able roll over and sit up on my own!

Thankfully the hospital has just now gone back to pre-COVID visitation restrictions so my parents will be able to visit. My mom plans on staying with us for a few days after we are discharged. We live about an hour and a half from them so I’m glad she’s willing to take the couch for a few days (again, if any of us get any sleep). 
  • @taylorharris0522 so excited for you!! Sending good vibes for Tuesday. It’s so soon 💜

@saizbat ahhh well you never know when it’ll change and things will start moving!! I hope it happens soon for you. I know the waiting is hard!!!
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    @taylorharris0522 woohoo you’re having a baby THIS WEEK! Hope all goes well. FWIW I didn’t sleep at all the last several months of pregnancy and feel like my quality of sleep is at least better now with a newborn. Obviously I don’t feel great but sleeping deeper for 2 -3 hour increments is making me feel better than I did sleeping one 3-4 hour increment and then tossing and turning the rest of the night, which is what I did while pregnant. 
  • @b_1029 I’m so ready for this kid to be here! 

I’ve had a countdown on my phone for a few weeks now and seeing it at 0 Days 15 Hours is filling me with this crazy nervous energy that has me pacing the house doing nothing. Like I have nothing left to do and I’m desperately searching for something that needs to be done! I wish I could just rest this last day “alone” but I’m too excited!!! I’ve washed everything. Sanitized the pump parts. Packed the hospital bag. 

I have prepared all the animals for the baby (and the inevitable neglect they’ll get for a few days), the dogs have clean blankets, the snakes have been fed (they both eat monthly), I cleaned both fish tanks, we added an extra litter box for the cats to make them easier to keep clean. 

Gah I feel like I’m missing something. But I’m not. 

I’m just very anxious and venting here, sorry. I’m usually very calm and level, but dang I feel like I’ve had three red bulls and a shot of vodka… crazy energy and slight confusion. Real “I don’t know what to do with my hands” moment over here. 

• Yayyyy @taylorharris0522 how exciting!! Wishing you happy, healthy, and safe delivery vibes tomorrow!! 💜💜💜

• saizbatsaizbat member
    Just had my baby yesterday! Started dilating to 3 cm after a membrane sweep and then labored at the hospital for almost 48 hours with nitrous oxide. Ended up taking an epidural as I was just so exhausted from the contractions. Then came active labour where the epidural made no difference and pushed for 3 hours with no luck. Baby was in OP position so the pushing did nothing but tire me. My water had also broke almost more than 24 hours before pushing started and baby had pooped inside. So ended up doing a c section. Even though I'm so bummed about all that I went through and then getting a c section, I'm just so glad to have met my baby! Best of luck to the rest of you!
  • Congrats @saizbat! I’m so happy your baby is healthy and here! Hope your recovery goes well moving forward!!
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    Congrats @saizbat! My first daughter was OP and trying to push those babies out is no joke. Glad they’re healthy and here!
  • Due today and still pregnant! 😭 I've been to L&D twice for false labor. Dilated to a 5 and baby boy refuses to drop into my pelvis. I'm exhausted lol
    Me = 28
    DH = 29
    Multiple loss mama
    Rylie: Born 04.2014
    Haley: Born 07.2017
    Emily: Born 08.2019