Baby Names

Girl Name: Blake or Lexi

Hello, help me in deciding whether you like the girl name Blake or Alexis (nickname Lexi). We have 2 big brothers, Landon & Logan. Our last name starts with B so I always loved Blake but I think Lexi is so cute, never thought I’d do another L name.

Blake or Lexi???

Re: Girl Name: Blake or Lexi

• harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited May 2022
    If you want Lexi, please give a full name Alexis! 

My daughter is Alexis, when she was little, her NN was Allie.  As she has grown up,  only immediate family calls her Allie.  She asked going into 2nd grade to be called Alexis as she hates others to call her Allie. She feels Alexis is more mature. 
  • I like Blake. 

Partially because I grew up with a family pet named Lexi so it reminds me of a golden retriever. 

But other than that, I personally dislike nicknames that are used instead of full names. My husband goes by his middle name, which is similar. Calling him by his (middle/nick) name can confuse official things like banks or employers. An example is that checks made out to Lexi B rather than Alexis B might get flagged. My husband had to do a background check for an employer and had to fill out forms for his “alias” even though it was his middle name. Someone had filed his name backwards on something at some point, middle first last, and that caused some issues with the background check. 

So, just keep in mind these issues when picking a name that will be shortened. 
  • Loading the player...
  • mb0112mb0112 member
    I prefer Blake 
  • I’m an Alexa and had the nickname Lexi here and there- would never have wanted it as my full name or official family nickname - had some “sexy lexi” teasing in middle school etc and preferred to go by my full name 
  • bwow615bwow615 member
    I prefer Alexis with your two sons names. Blake fits, but I think if I just heard the three names I would think “oh she has 3 sons”.  
  • I know I'm late, but I LOVE Blake! 😍
  • I prefer Blake as well