September 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-in, Week of 5/1

2»

Re: Weekly Check-in, Week of 5/1

• mk2022xmk2022x member
    @__heatherc yes, I feel mine low most of the time. My 20w US showed he is upside down with his arms down low and his legs up my my belly, so I normally feel stronger kicks up high (from his legs) and then smaller movement low (little punches). He definitely could have moved in the last week but I still interpret him to be in a similar position based on movements.
  • @newbabymama27 I just don’t remember this when I was pregnant with my son haha but maybe it’s just that I felt him way later?
  • Loading the player...
  • @jhysmath good to know! I am hoping for a college student and there seem to be plenty around on care. Most of the faculty I know opt for the daycare on campus but they all complain about how expensive it is and how not-impressed they are with the new director for the price tag. 
  • 𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  September 2nd | 22+3

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: 11” and 1lb approximately- growth rate is starting to slow down but baby still maturing 

𝗙𝗧𝗠/𝗦𝗧𝗠/𝗧𝗧𝗠+/𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱: STM 

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: PINK 🌸

Baby's Name (if chosen): Gracelyn 

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: need to schedule - I think glucose? 

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?:  Hungry all the time and gassy lol. Emotional. Swollen. I’m feeling a little depressed because the weather is still in the 40’s and i haven’t seen a shred on sunshine. MN sucks right now. Trying to not let it get me down so much!! 

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀/𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: Rave- it took me probably longer than average to feel my son move and I feel this little girl moving quite often. I absolutely love it. I remember crying after my son was born because I missed feeling his kicks in my belly 🥲 trying to enjoy every flutter since this is probably my last pregnancy. 

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀: Anybody have fun plans for Mother’s Day? Do they involve your MIL 😅😂

𝗚𝗧𝗞𝗬: How did you and your significant other meet? 

At his house party… I was a freshman he was a junior… it was Halloween, he required a kiss for girls to enter 😅 which I happily complied 

Fast forward 3 years we both moved back home and he asked me to go to a friends house warming party. I hadn’t seen him since we both dropped out of college and I stupidly said yes. We got so drunk we put a chair threw the wall of his friends new house while he proposed to me. I stayed the night with him. We have been inseparable ever since. (Yes, we fully repaired the wall, no the friend wasn’t mad we laugh about it to this day but it makes me want to die inside. I’m so glad you’re all strangers haha) please don’t judge me. I was 19 and he was 21. 😅 stupid kids. 

• dvmmamadvmmama member
    𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  9/26- 19w 

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: Viewfinder! 

𝗙𝗧𝗠/𝗦𝗧𝗠/𝗧𝗧𝗠+/𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱: FTM

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: Pink ❤

Baby's Name (if chosen): still working on it but not sharing with family/friends until after she's born 

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: 5/11, not really sure for what other than a check in

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?: Great! My wonderful friends bought me a pregnancy pillow to sleep with and it's made my back feel SO much better. I otherwise have no other symptoms really.

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀/𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: Big time rave: I will officially be a doctor (veterinary) in 4 days!!! Rant: not a true rant because I know it's just the anterior placenta, but I'm pretty bummed I can't feel kicks yet. I know they're coming but it would make me feel better now!

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀:  for those in the US- when have they recommended you schedule your glucose tolerance test? My usual doctor just had twins and is on mat leave, so my last appointment was with someone new and I didn't think to ask. 

We met working at the same hardware store almost 20 years ago now. I was dating someone at the time but always thought he was cute and funny. We became work friends but that was about it, and I ended up leaving for 2 years and coming back right before I graduated college. I had just broken up with my ex, and my now-husband was a manager now at the store. He saw me applying and we started chatting, he asked me what was new and I uncontrollably blurted out, "I'm single!" He looked shocked (I'm sure I did too) and we sort of glossed over it. A week later he asked me for my number, we went on our first date where they had to kick us out of the bar after it closed because we were still talking, and we've been basically inseparable since.
  • dvmmamadvmmama member
    @mk2022x that cake is amazing!!
  • @pangolindrome I'd love some info. I need to figure out what we're doing next year and maybe I can work in the evenings after he gets home but it will be a lot more manageable not having to leave with a newborn. 
  • @dvmmomma I believe between 26 and 30 weeks they like to do that. Normally it's at the 28 week appointment. I'm thinking about asking at the 24 week one to schedule it or get a meter because I want to get that all taken care of before I move if it happens. The fact this baby is already measuring larger than my giant baby is worrying me and I know if I am testing constantly and seeing spikes I'll be more apt to eat correctly. 
  • @__heatherc
    Yes, feeling baby really low! And sometimes he's doing a little dance on my bladder.
  • @jhysmath I have sent you [a bit of an essay of] a private message. 
  • melyraemelyrae member
    𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  Sept 1/ 22+5

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: coconut

𝗙𝗧𝗠/𝗦𝗧𝗠/𝗧𝗧𝗠+/𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱: FTM with my raibow babe

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: Blue

Baby's Name (if chosen): - 

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: May 13 maternity appt, may 31 glucose test

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?: Today, meh. I truly want to put all of my focus into caring for my body and my baby, prepping his room and doing his tiny laundry. But, alas, work exists. So I find myself totally unmotivated at work because I just don't have the energy to do it all... Also approaching my third trimester which is so incredible, but holy, its flying by!!! (Slow down, pregnancy- I want to savor it!!! Even when it's hard.)

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀/𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: Rant: work sucks. Rave: I can feel my beautiful baby boy bopping around every day! And I am so grateful for him... Pregnancy after loss really makes you treasure the little things. 

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀: None

On Bumble lol. Neither of use really expected anything to come out of a dating app. But it went from a first date in a corner booth, splitting a bottle of wine, to a beautiful home and growing family! 
  • 𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  21+2 Sept 14th (40 weeks Sept 11th)

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: endive

𝗙𝗧𝗠/𝗦𝗧𝗠/𝗧𝗧𝗠+/𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱: STM

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: pink

Baby's Name (if chosen): not sure yet but will announce at birth

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: may 5th for midwife check up

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?: a lot better! I've been excited to cook again and finally I love eating. It's something you don't realize you'll miss until you can't stand the sight or thought of food.

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀/𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: rave: my parents decided last minute and bought tickets to come visit. They arrive next Thursday!🥳 

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀: 

We met the first time at church. His family was visiting the west coast. He was 16, I was almost 19. I got to be friends with his older sister. He was quiet so I never got to know him very well then but tagged along with us the 2 weeks they were in town. Fast forward a year and he came back as an exchange student. My group of friends invited him to hang out with us and since I lived the closest to his host family, it made sense that I'd pick him up and drop him off. He liked me but I didn't think much of him other than a good friend until half way through the year. Then we waiting another 9 weeks for him to turn 18 to start dating. Didn't want to rob the cradle afterall😂 then we dated for 2.5 years long distance before we finally got to get married in December 2019. I'm so glad we got married then because I can't imagine being 4000 miles away from him during covid where travel was impossible.

• wendy-gwendy-g member
    𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  22+3

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: coconut 🥥 

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: 💙

Baby's Name (if chosen): Nevillen

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: May 18th for 24 weeks appt and a 2nd anatomy scan since he didn’t cooperate at the last one 

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?: getting bigger everyday, but overall great! My eczema finally cleared up, so I’m feeling a lot better. 

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀/𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: Rave - 2 more weeks until we get to go on our babymoon. I’m so excited and really could use a vacation. Also, the weather has been spectacular this past week, low 80s and sunny. 

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀: 

𝗚𝗧𝗞𝗬: How did you and your significant other meet? I sort of went to college early my senior year. I only had one high school class left so I took it online while attending college.  Hah, well I met his best friend while playing pool in the game room at college and thought he was really cute. One day he asked if I wanted to ride with him to pick up a friend (my husband) and I said yes. At first, I thought he was super annoying and he would hit me up on Facebook all the time. He finally asked for my number and I figured it wouldn’t hurt since his best friend and I didn’t really work out. He ended up being my prom date because my best friend really wanted me to go to our senior prom. We dated for a few months, but we were both young and heading in different directions. We remained somewhat friends for about 5 years and I went through an awful marriage/divorce and moved back to my hometown. About a year later, my friend and I were in his hometown to see a movie at the drive-in and I randomly invited him to attend. We have been inseparable ever since, together for 6 years and married for 1.5 years. 
  • @runsonoatmeal I’ve found two not-so-good nannies and one amazing nanny on care.com. I live in a rural area and I suspect I would have better luck were I closer to a city. Best of luck in your search!

@babywiik Yay for your parents visiting! Have they visited since you moved there?

𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  25 weeks

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: the weight of an iPad

𝗙𝗧𝗠/𝗦𝗧𝗠/𝗧𝗧𝗠+/𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱: STM & TTM

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: 💚💚

Baby's Name (if chosen): oh shoot I’ve made no progress on this

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: next month with the midwife. After that I’ll see her every two weeks.

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?: Pretty good. I have been trying to get more rest breaks in throughout the day, and I think it’s helping. That, and the prenatal massages.

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀/𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: I’m so excited, my garden is looking great! Got the first group of tomatoes transplanted this morning.

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀: no questions for now

𝗚𝗧𝗞𝗬: How did you and your significant other meet? I did a study abroad my sophomore year of college. The guy I married was the best friend of the son in the family I stayed with.
  • @csardaszz so jealous you’re already gardening!! In our area, the “last possible frost date” is end of May so we can’t plant tomatoes or peppers until June. I tend to just do all veggies at once when June hits. 
  • @csardaszz thank you! I’m also in a rural-ish area (the town where all the farmers come to do their grocery shopping, etc.) so I’m expecting similar. Hoping to get some good word-of-mouth recs.
  • @leannechristina what a beautiful beginning. Almost sounds like a movie and you should write a book about it. 
  • Thanks, @jhysmath! I don't know how I got so lucky. It was hard to keep it "short" because everything has been so amazing. One of my other standout memories was a couple months after we met. We were walking my dog at a county park, and had meandered out onto a dock when it started downpouring. We kissed in the rain instead of running to the car. Last October we said "I do" on the same dock!
  • @leannechristina yup perfect for the cinema too 😍
  • @csardaszz nope! This is their first time since I've lived here. They had tickets to come in April 2020 but we all know what happened to those plans🥴 
  • 𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  Sept 7. - 22+1 

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: A bell pepper.

𝗙𝗧𝗠/𝗦𝗧𝗠/𝗧𝗧𝗠+/𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱: STM

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: Team Blue!

Baby's Name (if chosen): Don't get me started....husband will NOT decide on anything.

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: Had my anatomy scan last week and everything was great! Have my next checkup on May 23rd and my Glucose test the first week of June. 

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?: Feeling great!

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀/𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: Rants: Currently dealing with a yeast infection. Ugh. Raves: We are leaving tomorrow to go to Atlanta for the weekend and I am SO dang excited!!! Taking our little girl to the aquarium Saturday morning then we are going to the Braves game that night. 

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀: natm.

𝗚𝗧𝗞𝗬: How did you and your significant other meet? We actually met at a bar after a mutual friend's wedding. Their reception was under an outdoor bungalow type thing with a tin roof. Well, it started hailing and you couldn't even hear the music, so the whole party moved to a local bar and we met there!
  • 𝗘𝗗𝗗 / 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 + 𝗗𝗮𝘆𝘀:  09-20 // 20+2

𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮(𝗻) / 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁: an axolotl

𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁/𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲/𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸/𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻: Pink

Baby's Name (if chosen): Still not official, but we've been calling her Whisper

𝗨𝗽𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀: May 9 is anatomy scan!!

𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴?: I am feeling pretty good! I am fairly certain I have finally started to feel her, very slightly. It's so amazing. I occasionally feel like I might be sick in the morning but never am. I also am still so darn TIRED. I was hoping to get more energy soon but I still feel like I need 9-11 hours to function.

𝗥𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀/𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀: I am SO happy to almost be done with the school year. I signed my contract for next year but am still looking for ways out- worst case scenario though, I still have a job and at the end of the day that's enough. I am so tickled to death to feel my daughter now- she's pretty active! Not STRONG, but I feel the little flutters all the time. Also so happy that my husband gets to come to the anatomy scan on Monday! He hasn't been able to come to my other OB appointments.

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀: I actually think I don't have any.

𝗚𝗧𝗞𝗬: How did you and your significant other meet? We had known of each other since we were kids (same small school) but we finally started talking when we both went to band camp in high school. We were best friends for about a year before we finally started dating my junior year and is senior year. We've been together ever since!