Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: what spring cleaning plans do you have this year?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 4.25

• oli9oli9 member

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

28+1 and feeling it! Phewww! 3rd trimester is here and I’ve got compression socks on to prove it. Just about 10 weeks left and I can’t even believe it. 

FTM/STM/STM+:

Seventh time mom!

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Pink 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

An eggplant according to The Bump but according to What To Expect, she’s a cauliflower and I believe she was already a cauliflower on TB a couple weeks back sooo… very inconsistent size comparisons. 

Upcoming appointments:

Friday I have another glucose screening and a regular appointment then it’s every two weeks. Made an appointment for May 6th to have a 3D/4D ultrasound so we can see our girls face. Very excited for that! 

How are you feeling?:

Pregnant. Tired. Over it. I don’t get much sleep at night because I’m up peeing over a dozen times, plus taking care of other kids and a household is my full time job. No rest what-so-ever. When my husband is off on Friday my only request is to go to the beach and lay on the warm sand for a good 30 minutes undisturbed while he entertains the kids in the water or on the beach or something. 

Rants/Raves:

Rant, why is owning a home so expensive? 😩 We got our roof and paint projects done and now we are waiting on windows to be finished (they had to be custom made) and installed (which cost us A LOT) and we just priced out landscaping and it’ll cost us another couple thousand dollars to have done, even if we do it ourselves. 😭 We also need to close in our carport for an additional room and we were quoted $10,000 + to have that done. *crying 

Rave, I’m grateful to be able to own a home and afford to live in it, regardless of all the expenses it’s a luxury and blessing to own property and I’m very, very thankful for it. 

Questions:

None

Everything. I want to organize my closet, filing cabinet, hallway closet, kitchen cabinets and make space for a bottle / formula station. Also my kids / teens room is in desperate need of a deep cleaning and it’s so overwhelming to even think about. Teenagers are so gross and live like hoarders. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/19

FTM/STM/STM+: TTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: weighs as much as a quart of milk

Upcoming appointments: 5/6- to check how baby is measuring. The doctor doesn’t think I’m gaining weight like I should be but so far (at least for fundal heigh) baby is measuring fine, so she may do another scan. Also, since I failed the glucose test, they’ll review my logs from my finger pricks and hopefully I’ll be able to cut back. 

How are you feeling?: I’m exhausted. This weekend was nice and we got a lot done and I could use a day to sleep. 

Rants/Raves: I’m just still in shock that I didn’t pass. I passed with my first two kids and assumed I would this time (I failed by 1). 

Questions: none at the time

GTKY: what spring cleaning plans do you have this year? Just want to purge all the extra things in my house. It’s so easy to accumulate stuff with little kids. 😬
  • Loading the player...
  • @oli9 I feel your pain on the expense of updating. We got several quotes to remodel our hall bath and the estimates were between $20-$25k! My mind was blown! I’m sure prices have come down some since last spring but it’s still really expensive.  I feel like some contractors are just taking advantage of the market and what people(unlike me) are willing to pay.
  • oli9oli9 member
    @sunshineandlemons omg that’s insane! I feel like that’s the price of an entire kitchen update or more! We need to do our bathrooms and kitchen after all the other stuff is done and now that scares me. Lmao. I sense a lot of DIY projects will be taking place under our roof 🤦‍♀️
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 29 weeks today! due 7/11

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: baby boy!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a head of cauliflower

Upcoming appointments: 3hr glucose test this week, 30 week appt next week

How are you feeling?: in general doing okay.  sleep is slightly better so enjoying that. more physical aches n pains but nothing too bad yet and actually have been more active recently and feel like i'm getting stronger so that feels good!

Rants/Raves: this falls into both - after my OB appointment last week and making a birth plan/talkign about options we discussed what happened with my first - i lived in another state - and it both made me even more mad about how things went that time and validated my feeling these past 3.5 years that my CS was not medically necessary at the time that the OB present made it seem like it was

Questions:

GTKY: what spring cleaning plans do you have this year? nothing? we just moved in a year ago and have been constantly doing renovations so really just geting things settled and keeping hubby from doing more projects
    I did some cleaning thsi weekend in prep for my sisters staying here this upcoming weekend, and then kind of hope i can get hubby to have someone come in to do a house cleaning in June so things are fresh and clean before baby
  • @oli9 have the compression socks helped with the peeing at all? does yoru doc have any ideas on helping with the peeing at night?
    i feel you on the expenses.  we had a stupid concrete pond in our backyard when we moved in and we had a hard time finding a company to even deal with it and $7500 later to get it removed and have our yard regraded and sodded.  Barf. and then nearly $1000 to have a weird shed in the yard removed that was not in great shape and not useable.  it looks like it maybe at some point was a kid's playhouse but was not functional for anything.  then we had a sewer line crack and had to order a few new windows this past winter (still waiting on those to come in) plus the few things we did to make improvements for fun. holy moly. i want no more projects this year!

@sunshineandlemons that's crazy!! i'm so glad my FIL is so handy and my hubby can help him.  we totally redid our kid's bathroom (which is an obnoxious size) for like $4k last summer
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 27w0d, edd 7/26

FTM/STM/STM+: stm

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Cauliflower/ broccoli/ cabbage, depending on which app you look at.

Upcoming appointments: Next week, 5/4. And then an ultrasound on 5/6 to see if my low-lying placenta has moved up at all.

How are you feeling?: Getting to that point where I'm feeling all the pressure/ extra weight in the front and pelvic girdle pain. Ugh, I was hoping it would hold off awhile longer.

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: what spring cleaning plans do you have this year? I've been doing it! Lots of yard work, finishing the nursery, organizing clothes. Next up is cleaning out the garage. That'll be a big task lol 
  • @sunshineandlemons You failed by 1? Was that the one hour or three hour? Seems so close. Hopefully when they go over your logs, everything looks good and you won't have to prick any more. 
  • @runnergirl2018 yeah, I think the bids were high because they just didn’t want to take the job for something more profitable (like a kitchen or basement finishing) and of course, they’re not going to say that to us. We have a 4ft statue in that bathroom looking over the tub and stonework around the tub. We wanted to replace that with drywall and a shower, get a new toilet, vanity and new tile. 

@stardustskies my OB seems to be in the minority. She does a 2 hour test, so luckily I don’t have to retake it. I was really hoping that they would say you’re off by one, just try to limit your sugar and carbs but they went straight for finger pricking. The nurse did say that there’s a good chance after reviewing my logs that I will be able to cut back from 4x/day to maybe 2x/day. Looking back, It’s probably good that we are monitoring. I asked a few weeks/months back about symptoms of GD because I was/am so thirsty and peeing way more this pregnancy than past pregnancies. Guess the signs were there. Hopefully I’ll be able to control it, reduce my motn pees and get some sleep! 🤣
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 27 weeks today. Delivery is up in the air

FTM/STM/STM+: STM bogo

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink/pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: tall as a rectangular box of tissues / fists are blackberries. 

Upcoming appointments: Thursday with the MFM for a growth scan, next week with OB for glucose. Can I just say, the MFM scheduled this appointment without asking me or even telling me I needed to come back. I thought my growth scans were being done through my OB. I got a letter in the mail saying you have an appointment on X date and X time and I was so mad. I work full time and the MFM office is 45 mins one direction from me. Plus the scans are 60 to 90 mins with a follow up. RANT. 

How are you feeling?: This week - like hot garbage got hit by a mack truck and then the truck backed over me and hit me again. On top of all the pregnancy stuff (which is getting rough - my skin hurts so bad on my stomach and the other half is numb to the touch) I have the worst cold I've ever had in my life. I imagine this is what COVID feels like, though all my tests have been negative. I have never felt so weak and sick in my life. 

Rants/Raves: See above sickness & MFM annoyance for rant. Rave is DS. He has been so sweet and good lately. 

Questions: ***Possible TW*** How do you all who are struggling with body image issues get through the day-to-day? I can see the weight gain so much in my face lately and it is really hard to keep myself in check. There's only so much 'it is healthy for growing the babies' I can tell myself...

GTKY: what spring cleaning plans do you have this year? Ugh a lot. We just bought this house 1.5 years ago and the family before us trashed it. So we've been painting, flooring, and cleaning up. Now we finally have the green light to move back to NH so we are in the very slow process of finishing projects up to sell this house (SOMEBODY SEDATE ME). We need to finish the floors in the upstairs hall way, finish the stair treads, paint the walls for the vaulted ceiling, paint the drywall on the staircase we built to the basement, paint the downstairs bathroom, clean up some of the outside and landscape - all of that at the bare minimum. Plus I need to deep clean the kitchen tile one more time before the babies get here. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/5 - 30wk

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue 💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: zucchini 

Upcoming appointments: 5/2 for a growth ultrasound and 5/10 for 32 wk appt

How are you feeling?: Swollen. By the end of the day I just want to lay on the couch with my feet up. 

Rants/Raves: Raves: my baby shower is this weekend and I'm excited but also know I'm going to be exhausted by the end of it. Lately any sorta of socialization drains me. I'm just excited to see what we get and start getting all our stuff situated and know what else we will need to get!

Questions: natm

GTKY: what spring cleaning plans do you have this year? We did alot of that this winter to get our rooms redone before Baby comes but mostly redoing our landscaping as we dug it all out last fall so now we just have a muddy mess.

@oli9 I feel you on the house stuff! It seems never ending when you are doing house projects either. Like once we finish one it's on the the next.

@sunshin@sunshineandlemons sorry to hear you failed especially by just one point. Hopefully you can keep them under control and not have to constantly do finger prices.

@stardus@stardustskies Goodluck tackling your garage! H is going crazy about wanting to get yard work done but between the weather not cooperating and being busy it's been a challenge.
  • cmhmecmhme member
    @oli9 I clearly remember helping my mom clean out my brothers room when he was a teenager and finding a half eaten sandwich under his bed. :-P

@jellie603 I am seeing it in my face now too and some days i just feel really "round." I actually refused corporate headshots a couple weeks ago because i couldnt stand if they used them when most of the time i really could care less. You are right though, you are growing healthy babies and that is the main goal right now and what you have to focus on. Not going to sugar coat it, it will also get way worse before it gets better (especially if you live somewhere it will be warming up) as you get closer to your due date. You can do this though, its only a little longer, and it is SO worth it. *Hugs* 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/7

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A fanny pack (and thats what it feels like lately as well, i think they are laying sideways!!)

Upcoming appointments: Thursday just for normal 2 week check

How are you feeling?: I am crying more easily again... i think it must be because i am tired? Overall ok, but agree with above, i just want to put me feet up.

Rants/Raves: LOL (this is both)... so in addition to having a baby this year... i am going to take on two additional teams at work and work on getting promoted! Why not? It is exciting but also *eye roll* why do i have to "have it all!!??!!"

GTKY: what spring cleaning plans do you have this year? I need to clean out all my kitchen cabinets and the front closet. I have already given up on the garage and basement... those can wait till 2023 ;-)
    Our Journey:
    Me: 40
    TTC since 2017
    3/18-9/18- IUI's
    11/18- IVF #1
    1/19- IVF #2
    8/19- DE Cycle #1- 5 PGS tested normal
    9/19- FET #1- SUCCESS! May 2020
    10/21- FET #2- SUCCESS! July 2022
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 27 wks + 4 days

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lettuce

Upcoming appointments: Friday for regular monthly OB appt

How are you feeling?: SO done being pregnant. Not even officially in 3rd tri and I am just done, done done. I feel large and achey and uncomfortable all the time - I feel like I wasn't like this until like 34 weeks last time so it is going to be a lonnnnnng 3rd tri. 

Rants/Raves: I had a new student added to my class today... a class that I'm already struggling with. Great. 

Questions: Anyone else get super uncomfortable early on (before 3rd trimester) in previous pregnancies? Any suggestions to getting through the last bit of the pregnancy marathon? 

GTKY: what spring cleaning plans do you have this year? SO much - the nursery was the spare room when we moved in last year and became a sort of "dumping" spot or landing place for anything that has yet to be unpacked/has not found a "place" in our new home yet. I've slowly been moving stuff out of there but there is a lot to do still!
  • @oli9 seriously, home projects are SO expensive!! Even doing stuff DIY is expensive. Like who the hell can remodel their kitchen for under $5k?? I hate living in an old house that needs a lot of cosmetic updates. And of course we want it to be how we like it and apparently we've got nothing but expensive tastes :|

@sunshineandlemons aw man, sorry you failed by 1 point! That really blows. How much of a difference does 1 point really make anyway? So lame.

@runnergirl2018 what was that OB's reasoning at the time for needing the CS? I forget.

@stardustskies that reminds me that we need to do our spring sweeping of our garage too. So much dirt and salt from winter. I miss the days of being able to walk into our garage barefoot without something poking me.

@jellie603 wtf with this MFM's office?? Hasn't this happened to you multiple times now where there's some random appointment sprung up on you that you weren't aware of? Baffling.

@novaghost99 hope you get lots of good stuff at your shower! Shoot I should probably finish my registries since my first one is in 2.5 weeks.

@cmhme that's a lot to take on this year! Good luck getting promoted!!

@courtneyqdk ha our nursery was also our dumping ground. Moving out even a few things makes a huge difference though! 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 14 / 28+5

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby is as long as a loaf of Wonder Bread. Yesterday he was as tall as a can of Pringles and now I'm wondering just how different in size they are if these facts are accurate.

Upcoming appointments: Next one isn't until 5/17 I think - another routine prenatal and growth scan. Then we bump up to appointments every 2 weeks!

How are you feeling?: starting to feel more achy. I had some wicked round ligament pain that lasted a bit from trying to get up off the floor this morning. I really need to stop choosing the floor to do things. Oof. At least I've learned I can't keep doing things like normal. Time to start modifying how I move around these days.

Rants/Raves: I hate how bulky pregnancy pillows are. I think DH also hates them because he can't spoon me and put his hand on my belly at night. Apparently on Friday night baby was having QUITE the party in there. The only reason I'm really sleeping with it right now is because I worry about waking up on my back which has happened for the last 2 mornings. Yesterday baby was way more chill than normal. I wasn't super worried because at least I was feeling him. But any amount of food or drink wasn't getting him to move around. He's back to being active this morning so I know he's okay.

2nd rant - there's a women's conference that is happening on Thursday that is an all day event but I can't attend it because my 1 other coworker is traveling tomorrow and Thursday and there are no other options for back ups. It's just annoying having to change/modify our own plans because our group is so damn small. I gotta fit in a babymoon somewhere and we are running out of possible weekends to do it if I don't book it soon. Ugh.

Questions: how do you go about selecting a pediatrician? I'm not sure DH realizes that needs to be set in stone well before baby arrives since he will have appointments when he's only a few days old. Do you really have to go interview people? I'm not sure how this all works.

GTKY: what spring cleaning plans do you have this year? this year my hope is to go through a lot of the random stuff we have that's just been stashed in our storage room or in various cabinets and drawers over the years. I'd love it if DH would organize the f'ing tables that have his 3D printers because they are COVERED in junk. Mr. Super Organized at Work lives like a damn slob at home. Ugh. We might get to some things done outdoors but I doubt it. DH did buy a boat load of ferns again to help propagate in our backyard in the wooded area so he will be planting that. Otherwise outside is just going to be maintenance of what we've currently got going on. I'd go to the store to pick up spring fertilizer/weed and feed but 50+lb bags are a big no no now.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 - her original push for CS was assuming baby was going to be large (10+ lbs) based on a US from 36 weeks and not even wanting for me to try to deliver, and then her final push was my temperature increasing (like very slightly, not even fever level....and i just learned that even if i had a full blown fever it shouldn't have been a reason)  Or maybe it was because it was 3am and she wanted to go home? i don't know.  but that was her reasoning she gave us at the time. baby was 8lb 0oz
  • @inthewoods23 i asked other mom friends for recommendations and then asked WHY they liked their pediatrician and went with someone that seemed like it fit for what would be important to me.  I did end up going to meet with the office before hand, although didn't get to meet with our specific ped (it was just how their office did things) but ended up going really well and we loved her.  this reminds me that i need to call our new ped office (since we moved) and get baby on the docket 
  • @runnergirl2018 oh yes, that's right. Isn't the way they measure the weight really inaccurate anyway? How much bigger is a 9-10lb baby compared to a 7-8lb baby? Can't be that drastic I would think.

And it sounds like I just need to give the pediatrician's office a call and tell them I'll be having a baby in July to get the process started?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @oli9 Idk why housing stuff is so expensive. Landscaping is the WORST. But I have gotten very creative over the years between small budgets and stubborness if you ever want to pick my brain for ideas of how to get beautiful without breaking the budget... I sound like an advertisement XD. I'm not it's just a hobby of mine. Anyways, pick away 

@jellie603 Maybe remember that this is VERY temporary? That's where I am with all the bonus butts under my actual butt. I KNOW it's going to go away. I know it's just extra storage for the baby and the milk and I know how important that extra storage is. I still don't love it. But it's also better than being too skinny! Had that when I was so sick and lost almost 10 pounds in the beginning. "Beauty standards" do NOT apply to pregnant women! You are growing TWO whole little people in there! However you look now or after, you are beautiful. Not for something artificial, but for the amazing little people your body is building from scratch. 
    I'll tell a story that maybe will help. This fall, before I got pregnant, my 2 year old got hit with an awful stomach bug. He was sick for 5 days. The ONLY thing he could keep down was my breast milk. Because I was caring for him constantly and he constantly wanted snuggles, I was not eating enough but I was nursing him constantly. I lost 8 pounds!! But I was able to sustain him completely through the whole thing. I am sure he would have ended up in the hospital on an IV if it wasn't for my milk. It was pretty cool (after the fact) to watch those "extra fat stores" everyone talks about in action. I gained them back wicked fast too. 

@courtneyqdk Honestly at this point, I am just getting through. I keep reminding myself that its almost over and I'll have my baby soon and to just keep living as comfortably as I can and doing what I can. I am getting an ultrasound this week for one more look at baby (elective) and honestly those photos always help me. I just go look at his cute little face and remember why I am doing it and get excited for him to be here. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/7, 29+5 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: acorn squash 

Upcoming appointments: This friday midwife and then in the evening one more ultrasound! SQUEE! 

How are you feeling?: Pregnant. Something is always aching or uncomfortable and I just don't feel like myself much at this point. I'm just holding on to the end now. 

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: House stuff sucks. Furniture sucks. This apartment sucks. Everything sucks. 
    Rave: Cannot overstate how excited I am for my ultrasound on Friday. ALSO, this is the happiest and most comfortable I have ever been with my doctors so I am actually almost looking forward to this birth versus being a nervous wreck thinking they're going to start changing plans on me. 

Questions: 

GTKY: what spring cleaning plans do you have this year? Oh, it's all a disaster. This apartment is the bane of my existence. We were going to move my husband's office into the bedroom and move my five-year-old into his own room and add a bed for his brother. BUT my husband breaks office chairs (mostly because he WON'T STOP leaning back in them like a bored kindergartener) so I wanted to buy him a recliner BUT the door is only 29 inches. No recliner is getting into that bedroom. And I am BUMMED because I was really looking forward to having a comfy rocking chair for the last baby. My mattress also NEEDS to be replaced, but mattress shopping has been an absolute failure and idk what to do now. Oh and I am trying to get a whole list of things fixed around here but AS SUSPECTED this management company is the SLOWEST process ever. SURE, add a middle man corporation, THAT'S gonna make it better. It has been over a month since I first requested these repairs. I have to call them multiple times to get any answers because they absolutely do not call back. It's a joke. I am five seconds away from absolutely reaming my landlord out over this. 4 years of actually getting repairs done in a timely manner, and now you raised my rent and have a management company that is absolute shit. Oh and I am supposed to have a new lease to sign but do I have that yet? NO I DO NOT THREE WEEKS LATER. 

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @inthewoods23  yeah the measurement can be up to 20% off when taken in 3rd trimester, especially the further along you get. I told my current OB that i will not place much weight in whatever the weight measurement is when it comes To making decisions on delivery due to the last baby measurement being so off! The concern above 9lbs is that they can be wider so sometimes their shoulders can get stuck.  Essentially the last OB on call during delivery was telling me that it was going to happen and then my kid wouldn’t have use of his arm potentially ever and did i really want that to happen.  I think the only thing that would change my mind would be if i get diagnosed with GD because that can sometimes cause big babies.

regarding pediatrician - yep just call and let them know you have a baby due in July and are interested in their office and just ask how to get started.  A few things that i took into consideration: what are their on-call hours/processes like, do they have any evening/weekend appointments, do they double book appointments, what is the turnaround time if you need to get in for a sick visit.  Personally, i also looked for an office that i heard did not overuse antibiotics and had more of a holistic approach.  I like providers that are up to date on research and support breastfeeding and baby-led weaning and wouldn’t push things like sleep training 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 28 weeks tomorrow

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I’m so over these, lol! But baby is the size of a head of lettuce.

Upcoming appointments: glucose test this Friday. Luckily I have the day off work anyway. Hope I don’t feel too icky afterwards. 

How are you feeling?: much like other people have mentioned, I feel very pregnant! Achey and tired. Sore. Mentally a bit better since we’ve had some warm sunny weather.

Rants/Raves:

I was so happy to do some gardening this weekend, but now I’m super sore. It’s hard to pace myself. I’m used to getting more done. 

Our mud room is a mess. At this point I don’t really want to lift anything so I feel like I’m always just asking my husband to do stuff for me. So kinda depends if he wants to do it or not. 😁
  • oli9oli9 member
    @runnergirl2018 I’ve only worn the compression socks for one FULL day along with cutting off my fluid intake at 4pm and I only had to go to the bathroom TWICE that night. I forgot to put them on today and by the time I remembered I was at the beach and it was 12:30pm so today was a bust, but I’m going to remember tomorrow and if I have another night of not having to get up 13+ times I will be ECSTATIC that you recommended this idea! I haven’t mentioned it to my doctor yet because I figured she’d blow it off as just ‘a part of pregnancy’ but if it continues maybe I should say something. 🤔 
  • oli9oli9 member
    @cmhme teenagers are so gross. I won’t even try to help my teens clean their room because I’m sure what I find will piss me off lol
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/21 (but really inducing 7/14) 27w5d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 👩‍🎤

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a 3-hole punch

Upcoming appointments: MFM 28w scan tomorrow, OB checkup 5/6

How are you feeling?: Less overwhelmed than last week. MS issue is subsiding, and I'm reading about gestational diabetes and started the finger pricks, so... Information is power. Sent out baby shower invites, and gifts are about to overwhelm the household. 😳

Rants/Raves: A tiny rant. Why does this baby have to curl up/settle in 1 spot in the left/bottom side of my uterus? If she stretched out, that would be so much more comfortable/tolerable. 😆
    Rave: Long weekend/babymoon is this weekend. Woo hoo!

Questions: Anyone else annoyed with absolutely everything? 

GTKY: what spring cleaning plans do you have this year? Well, MH needs to move an old dresser out into the guest room from the closet so I can start putting baby clothes away (next on my to-do list). That probably also means clearing out that closet for too many baby gifts on their way. I should have reduced my registry. Or guests. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 27 weeks!

FTM/STM/STM+: first time mom

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I think this app says cabbage?

Upcoming appointments: Thursday I have my glucose test! I’m nervous!

How are you feeling?: pretty good overall! Going to a music festival this weekend (low key, not for the whole time) so preparing for that. So far pregnancy has been more challenging mentally than physically.

Rants/Raves:
    rant - my hips are sooo sore at night and nothing helps. Wake up constantly.
    rave - hmm… lol!

Questions: is it normal to feel this winded after walking on the treadmill? My OB says yes but I’m suspicious 

funny everyone is remodeling - currently re-doing our backyard! Luckily we have family contractors so it helped cost wise but still expensive
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/26, 27wks + 2d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green (though fiancé keeps trying to get me to crack and find out.)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: size of s as cabbage. 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling?: exhausted, uncomfortable, but going with the flow. 

Rants/Raves: n/a

Questions: n/a

GTKY: what spring cleaning plans do you have this year? - aside from the nursery, we keep our place fairly clean/organized (just soaking up the last few months before baby comes abd the house is a happy mess). But we’ve been building a dog run on the side of our house to give the dog his own space/pop him in there when we go out and it’s too nice to leave him inside.
  • @cmhme I would definitely refuse corporate headshots too if they asked me for them now! We are all on the docket to have them redone in September and i might still refuse haha. Thank you - it is so tough to see your body change and have no control over it. With my first, it was not noticeable that I gained weight....the perks of being young haha.
    @inthewoods23 I can't wrap my head around how a hospital this large can have such problems! It started off as the opposite problem where they didn't call to schedule me for my follow up AS and then I wasn't showing up in the system when I was there. Now they're just making all appointments for me apparently haha. Every day I get more and more anxious hoping that I can deliver with my OB and not them. 
    @tuxielove93 oh my gosh what a wonderful story! I mean, not that he was sick an that he quite literally sucked the life out of you haha. But that we do really have such "superpowers" when it comes to being moms. And yes, I am trying to remind myself this is only temporary and I am trying to be much more informed, prepared, and motivated this time around to heal myself the correct way
  • @oli9 wait, I missed something - there is a connection between compression socks and not having to pee at night? I have been wearing compression socks for months now (I have BAD varicose veins, it is awful) and I don't normally get up to pee at night. I tried to scroll up and see where this was mentioned but I couldn't find it. I didn't realize there was a connection! However, I do pee frequently, all day long, at work. Very annoying, but I am glad my students are old enough I can pop out for a moment, and that my classroom is close to the washroom LOL
  • oli9oli9 member
    @courtneyqdk who would have thunk it, right? 😂 Well, normally not pregnant and my whole life since I was a kid, my lips, legs, hands and feet swell in the mornings and evenings and my legs definitely retain fluid. During pregnancy it’s a whole diff ball game. My legs and feet swell if I stand for more than 5 minutes at a time and this started at 20 weeks, every pregnancy. I also have to pee at night over a dozen times! No exaggeration. I tried to cut off my liquids every day at 4pm but still didn’t work so one night I was so over it and so tired I started to research why pregnant women pee so much at night and it led me into a rabbit hole about how ANYONE pregnant or not, who retain fluid in their legs may have this problem because at night your body works to flush the extra fluids from your legs causing this over active bladder situation in a lot of people at night time.  MAKES SENSE. When I mentioned this in the private group @runnergirl2018 suggested I try wearing compression socks all day to see if it helps! I then googled other peoples success stories with the compression sock trick and sure enough it works to help keep fluids flowing in your body all day and not settle in your legs so there’s nothing for your body to flush at night! 

Today will be the second full day I’m wearing them so wish me luck! 
  • tuxielove93tuxielove93 member
    edited April 2022
    @kd0811 It really is normal. You have an extra person who also needs the oxygen you are taking in, so you need more oxygen than normal. But you don’t suddenly get the ability to intake more. AND they are squishing your lungs and screwing with your diaphragm, thereby actually making it harder to get the oxygen you need, let alone the extra oxygen they need too. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @oli9 I am going to try that!! Hopefully between that and getting this GD figured out and controlled, my MOTN peeing will slow down.
  • @oli9 that's a amazing!! fingers crossed that if you keep wearing them it'll help! twice a night seems reasonable for pregnancy
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 28w/0d scheduled c-section: 7/14 (if I make it)

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: the palm is the size of a stamp. 

Upcoming appointments: May 9

How are you feeling?: varicose veins in the back of my thigh are painful/achy (successive pregnancies make these increasingly worse) but otherwise I feel good for starting 3rd trimester. 

Rants/Raves: give me all the cold fruit salad. 

Questions: none this week

GTKY: what spring cleaning plans do you have this year? We just moved into a new construction, so for the first time I have no spring cleaning plans 🎉. I do, however, need to clean our RV that we just opened up at our camp 💀