July 2022 Moms
Options

The big nursery thread!!

2»

Re: The big nursery thread!!

• Options
    @creativesoul63 when DS was 2 or 3 we got him one of those Big Joe bean bags for his room and he LOVED it! We read out bedtime stories there for a long time.
  • Options
    @jellie603 thanks, that sounds great!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @creativesoul83 - I plan on doing the same thing! I have a small ikea armchair that I'm going to put in DD's room for reading
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 yes to plastic hamper! i don't particularly like the look of them so i do a cloth bag one with a removable bag that can be washed, but plastic works just as well since you can wipe it down
  • Options
    @creativesoul63 we just sit on the floor by my son's bed for story time or you could sit in bed together for stories
  • Options
    We are putting ours in with us because we know we are moving before she gets old enough to want her own space. We tried to space theme it, though, all the same. We put a navy comforter on our bed and navy blackout curtains, and all the sheets and covers have stars or are navy blue. We also put glow-in-the-dark stars and planets all over the walls and ceiling :) it's going to be a pain in the ass when we move, but we are already enjoying turning the lights off at night 🤣 We made our LO a corner in the living room, too. We have an extra cushy carpet, a swing, and a toy shelf with books on it. We also have a little bear basket full of stuffed animals, and a play gym.
  • Options
    Maybe I'm totally mistaken on this... but are there "rules" as far as best/worst places to place the crib in the nursery? Like don't position the crib right under the A/C vent in the room or windows? Is that accurate?

I'm wondering because the original configuration I had in my head was for the crib to be on the same wall as the bedroom door, but DH wants it in the opposite corner from the door so that you can see directly into the entire crib from the hallway. The wall with the door does have the A/C vent, but the opposite wall has the hydronic heating across the entire wall (our heat uses a boiler) and a window. The adjacent wall also has a window which is south facing. Wasn't sure if the opposite corner isn't the best with the crib near the heat and both windows?

Thoughts?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    cmhmecmhme member
    @inthewoods23 i would only caution from experience against having the crib close to the window. My DS started playing with the curtains as soon as he could stand and reach them and it was annoying. My crib sat right on top/next to the A/C vent but since it is raised (with a solid bottom) i didnt worry about that and i dont think it was a problem.
    Our Journey:
    Me: 40
    TTC since 2017
    3/18-9/18- IUI's
    11/18- IVF #1
    1/19- IVF #2
    8/19- DE Cycle #1- 5 PGS tested normal
    9/19- FET #1- SUCCESS! May 2020
    10/21- FET #2- SUCCESS! July 2022
  • Options
    @cmhme oh that's a good point. We don't currently have curtains on any of the windows. Actually one of our additional projects for that room is to get the moulding around the windows so we can add blinds or curtains to them. We need that on the south facing window for sure. The other window that faces west I think we can get away with not having window treatments as there are trees right outside that block a lot of the light that would come through from that side. The short side of the crib is along the south wall so grabby hands might not be a problem but we'll definitely have to take that into consideration. It's hard when you're making all these decisions based on the current state of things and not once things are added.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 you don't want to use blinds where kids can get them. At least I don't like having blinds. They can get tangled/choked in the cords 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    There are lots of cordless blinds now to be much more kid friendly 
  • Options
    @tuxielove93 considering DH despises the idea of kitchen cabinets/drawers with handles and knobs there's no way we'd do the traditional blinds with cords lol. We're likely going to go with the dirt cheap honeycomb/accordion blinds that IKEA has that you trim to the length you need.

I did look back in the room and both windows are in reach of the crib as it's positioned now so.... might need to put the crib somewhere else. Eh, we've got time to figure it out. Now watch me panic about something else related to baby because "we don't have a lot of time left!!!" :sweat_smile:
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause