July 2022 Moms

UO Thursday 4.21

Share your unpopular opinions! Don't be afraid to get spicy with it
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: UO Thursday 4.21

• oli9oli9 member
    Chik Fil A is over rated, so is Beyoncé and I hate mini vans and Dalmatian dogs. 

🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Oh I have a dog one. I don't get small dogs. I don't think they're cute. The further away you get from the original wolf form, the more I do not like the dog. And the entire cohort of non-fluffy bully breeds.... just no.  I get why that 3 pound yorkie someone was carrying around costco (in a baby blanket no less) was so terrified. I would be terrified too if I was supposed to be 100+ pound apex predator and I stopped at 3. 

While we're on the subject... I have SO much respect for true service dogs and the work they do. Any kind of working dog really. I think it's the best example of the human/dog relationship. But these little dogs in strollers or carriers or WORSE the untrained ones pooping down the aisle at walmart.... no. That is not a service dog. If your dog bites a cop, that is not a service dog (cue SMIL). I hate that these untrained pets get the same access as a dog that has gone through such extensive training to do a real job. It makes a bad name for real service dogs. I immediately lose all respect for people who abuse the service dog name because they want to take their pet somewhere that pets are not allowed for good reason. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 - YES!! Thank you! I’m a sucker for UO’s!

@oli9 - I agree with all of these. I only go to Chick-fil-A for the ice. 

Unpopular Opinion:

Oatmeal raisin cookies are better than any other cookie. 
  • @oli9 I think I've only had chick-fil-a once and that was catered for an event so it was kinda cold at that point. Definitely wasn't anything to rave about. And not worth the massively long drive thru lines.

@tuxielove93 I also just can't stand people who have misbehaving dogs. My SIL's golden retriever just wants to jump all over you. He's just over a year old but come on... Shouldn't he be more tame now??

@jessie_95 my big beef with those cookies is that it's always oatmeal and raisin. Why is it almost never oatmeal with chocolate chips??

I don't think I've shared this here yet but hot chocolate is a totally acceptable beverage to have in the middle of summer 😆
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @tuxielove93 - THIS THIS THIS!!!

My best friend has a long list of health problems, she has had a legitimate service dog for ten years; I watched her go from unable to leave her house and grocery shop on her own without losing it, to fully functional (with the help of her dog) and thriving 80% of the time. It’s absolutely amazing and I credit it to her service dog. 

I can’t stand untrained dogs. Our 80+ shepherd lab mix knows hand and verbal commands, he’s been socialized, he gets exercised, loved, etc. I don’t care how big or small your dog is; TEACH IT OBEDIENCE. It’s not hard, it’s really not. Oh, and don’t even get me started on the pups in strollers claiming to be service dogs in grocery stores etc. no. Just … no. 

@int@inthewoods23 - ahaha the Pavillions (Vons/Safeway same thing) has cranberry oatmeal and those are my kryptonite when it comes to sweets but I will occasionally see oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! So, they do exist.
  • oli9oli9 member
    I also cannot stand untrained animals in general. When I met my husband he had the WORST most DISRESPECTFUL dog in all the land AND AN UNTRAINED MACAW PARROT!!! There was no room for that dog or that bird in my life. No way not in heaven or hell. Those two animals made my life miserable until I found them nice homes they’d thrive in AWAY FROM MY HUSBAND. I’m a psychopath with my animals being trained properly. The other day someone came over and my Frenchie (lol I’m with you @tuxielove93 on the over hype of the bully breed) broke out of character and started to jump on the guest and I said “FRANKIE DOWN!” And our guest was all like “nooo it’s ok she’s so cute”. UMMM SIR ITS NOT OK. I TOLD HER TO GET TF DOWN!” 😂
  • @oli9 oh yes, 100%! Fiancé had our dog before I met him (the dog was six months old when we met) and he’d already started training him at 8 weeks old, but like all animals, it’s continuing to remind them of their tasks/training/etc. 

Our shepherd lab mix doesn’t realize he’s 80+ pounds most of the time, which for us adults, fine, he also doesn’t realize his tail can wipe out an army of children 🤣 so we’ve always made it a top priority to remind him of his manners, I realize and understand that every dog has moments where they get goofy (ours is a constant doofus) but when I/my fiancé/anyone says “no/nine (my husband being a cop, trained him using German and English verbal commands)”, we mean it and that’s that. 

Ugh. Untrained dogs are just … 🤬
  • I run a lot of trails and one of my pet peeves is unleashed dogs that do not respond to their owner's recall. Yes, your dog may be nice, but some other dogs aren't and that can be dangerous with us runners and mountain bikers if your dog doesn't get out of the way. 
  • Apparently it wasn't that unpopular XD 

The worst was my step monster in law. She has a dog who bites people. He bit a cop. And while we're at it, she's a text book narcisscist so she doesn't even admit she actually has anxiety or anything. BUT she got a doctor friend of hers to fake the papers for an anxiety diagnosis so she could have her monster of a dog in a rented home he wasn't actually allowed in as an emotional support animal. The home had wall to wall white carpets. The dog routinely peed and pooped on those carpets. If I had a way to do it I would have told the owners she faked it, but I didn't know who they were.I'm still mad about it. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @tuxielove93 - it’s not unpopular here, but I bet if you were to say “I can’t stand untrained dogs” in a supermarket or something. Whew, prepare yourself. 

Oh my goodness. I just. The ESA thing, I get it, my fiancé and I would be disaster’s without our dog but our dog behaves. I feel so much for rental companies who have to take forms/papers for pets who are very obviously not at all even remotely basic level obedience trained in their buildings. Smdh. 
  • @lilirunning34 yes! this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine! My dog is a flight risk and will run at any chance that she gets so she is always leashed and always roped if hanging out in our yard. We know our dog and we know how to care for her. If your dog has zero recall, I really don't care if "they are friendly" or not, please leash them in public and keep them on your yard. My dog was attacked 2 summers ago while we were on a leashed walk in our neighborhood... a road with houses and everything. A rescue dog that was aggressive was attached to a thin wire and a collar with a plastic buckle in his front yard unsupervised. He broke his collar and charged us and immediately attacked my dog and bit her neck. 1 inch higher and he would have got her jugular and she'd be dead in the street. It was wicked traumatic for me and my dog and it still makes me furious when an unleashed dog approaches us.
  • @jellie603 omg that’s terrible! I’m glad it wasn’t worse.
  • I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks. I mean, I don't *dislike* them, but I'm not like "Ooooh! Starbucks!" when I pass one or get a minute to grab a coffee. I go there when I have need caffeine and they're my only option. 

I live in the land of the Lord's Chicken, and I'm not a huge fan either. Several of my male coworkers will go out of the way for Chik-fil-A but I'm just indifferent. 
  • @jellie603 - oh my goodness! Ugh, my heart hurts for you. I’m so sorry you and your pup had to go through that. 

@twentythree19 - I thought I was the only one! Starbucks burns their coffee beans, I’m also in LA which, while we aren’t like Seattle and the birthplace of coffee shops, we’ve got tons and as far as chains go, I love me some Coffee Bean or Peets!