Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 4.11

• oli9oli9 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    7/17 but if I’m induced a week early (at the very latest they’ll let me go) then I’ve only got 12 weeks 6 days left or 90 days total. 🥲 This pregnancy has FLOWN by!

FTM/STM/STM+:
    Sometimes I can hardly believe that this will be my SEVENTH baby. When I was a teenager, I wanted zero children but life had other plans. 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
    Pink 👧

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    Kale but then the other day it said a chop stick and I don’t think that’s accurate because I had PF Changs on Saturday and I looked at my chop stick and it was definitely not as long as a stalk (bundle?) of Kale. 

Upcoming appointments:
    April 29th for my third glucose test and a regular visit, then it’s every two weeks after that with a couple of ultrasounds sprinkled in there. 

How are you feeling?:
    I feel better than I felt last week for sure! 

Rants/Raves:
    Rant is that the roofers are back today to finish the job, which is taking longer than I thought it would. I’m so happy it’s getting finished today but it’s noisy and I’m kinda stuck in the house with the kids until they finish and the kids are driving me nuts. 

Rave is that this past Saturday my husband wanted to take a last min trip to Target to wear the kids out before bed and I’m so happy he insisted on this trip at 7pm (😭)because I decided to browse through the baby clothes and the brand Grayson Mini was all on clearance with an extra 20% off clearance items and I got 6 or 7 adorable little summer outfits for our baby for like $20 total. I was stoked. We have almost everything we need except a couple of things from our Amazon registry and now I’m obsessed with Lou Lou and Company swaddles (thanks to my fellow bumpy) and I’m waiting for this spring sale so I can complete my purchase on their site this week. 

Questions:
    No questions

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
    Sadly, coffee. I’m so addicted. I’m sure I could go without coffee if I absolutely HAD to, like end of world type thing, but I’d hate to go without it and I obsess over it like a fein. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Due 7/21, but will be induced if I don't go into labor by 7/14 (thanks for the reminder @oli9 ), so 25w4d, but 13w3d left. 😱

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: since the cat's out of the bag: girl. 👩‍🎤

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Foot is the size of a AAA battery. 🤔🔋

Upcoming appointments: MFM 4/27, OB 28w appt 5/6 (technically after 29w)

How are you feeling?: Mostly good. Minor lower back pain. Passenger is kicking up a storm. Last MFM appointment had me worried, though, as she's measuring small (24th percentile). The MFM doc seemed a little concerned, but the NP at my OB's office said 24th is perfectly fine, and that sometimes babies are just small (that the percentiles are based on averages. They'd only worry if the baby was below 10%.

Rants/Raves: 
    Rave: Glad I have another prenatal massage Friday! Also, I met with HR last Friday, and I'm super stoked with the maternity leave setup.
    Rant: hmm... Nothing to gripe about this week. 😆

Questions: 
    1-Has anyone had smaller babies that were perfectly fine?
    2-I've lost 1.5lbs in the last 2 weeks. My OB only wants me to gain 11-20lbs for the entire pregnancy, so I have been trying to keep stable around .5lb gained each week. It unnerves me to lose weight with a growing baby in there. I'm eating 2000-2500cals/day. Anyone else trying to mitigate weight gain?

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? The dog. I'd consider him a necessity at this point, though. ☺️ He's a clown (makes me laugh/relieves tension), he's smart (keeps me on my toes), and he's full of energy (keeps me active since he has to be). 😁 

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 27 weeks, 7/11

FTM/STM/STM+:STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:Boy

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a head of cabbage - although i’ve been measuring a week ahead so maybe a head of lettuce?

Upcoming appointments: 1hr glucose test this week, 28 week OB check and growth US next week

How are you feeling?: overall okay actually.  Getting kind of nauseous around the same time each night, which is really annoying. Having acid reflux sometimes at night so adjusting when to eat to not feel nauseous but to also not have reflux is tricky

Rants/Raves: why is it that my husband seems to have no recollection of pregnancy symptoms and post parturm recovery? Like i know he hasn’t experienced it in his body but he lived through it with me before, and every time it’s like something new.  Like i was listing off all the things we still need for baby because he said he didn’t know what we still needed, even though i keep a registry as our list and he has access to it, but made a. Comment about about baby will need diapers and I’ll need diapers and he was like WHAT. Like do you not remember the weeks of bleeding afterwards? Or could you not like learn SOMETHING about pregnancy ? I think that frustrates me, because its not like i have an option but to learn and deal with it, so like could you take some time to read something or learn or just list or even ask me? 

Questions:

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Talking with at least one friend, even if only briefly.  That social connection is so important to me
  • edited April 2022
    @velvetblue88 my doc said he’s only concerned with growth for babies under 10% or over 90%ile. With my MCI he even said if there was a drop from one measurement to the next he wouldn’t be that concerned unless it fell below 10th %ile.  

Edit- with weight gain I’m not sure i understand what you mean.  There can be ups and downs, i woudln’t be focused on losing weight though.  Some weeks you may gain more than others and other weeks you might not gain at all, and it all balances out.  I entered this pregnancy in an obese BMI and my doc still said he expects me to gain about 30lbs, even though I’ve read that it should be lower. I just try to listen to my hunger/fullness cues and eat nutritious food most of the time and let go of the rest.  Even with my last pregnancy i was “overweight” BMI so was told to keep my weight gain in check and felt like i wasn’t eating much but still gained 30lbs so i don’t know. It all dropped off after 2 weeks
  • @runnergirl2018 re: weight, I'm also obese, and my OB only wants me gaining 11-20lbs, so I've been eating well(2000-2500cal/day, at least 100g protein, lots of fruit and veg), logging my food, and weighing myself weekly. I was averaging .5lb gained/wk, and then the last 2 weeks have been losses. I guess I just didn't expect to lose anything when I'm only a couple weeks from the 3rd trimester. 🤷‍♀️ And then add in a dash of neuroticism about the baby being small, and I wonder what the heck I'm doing. ☺️
  • @oli9 I agree, this pregnancy is flying. And with it being my last, it makes me a little sad.

@runnergirl2018 good luck on your glucose test!

@velvetblue88 will your OB/MFM do another ultrasound to measure or check on the baby? One of my gf’s had a baby who started growing slow towards the end of pregnancy and they monitored her a little more and then ended up inducing her 3-4 weeks early because she wasn’t growing anymore in the inside. She is a healthy three year old now.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/19 25w6d I think

FTM/STM/STM+: third time mom

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cantaloupe I think

Upcoming appointments: 2 hour glucose test next Friday (4/22)

How are you feeling?: Good overall. I’m tired, my sciatica is ramping up, and I seem to be starving after dinner. 

Rants/Raves:

Questions: 

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Coffee. Even if it wasn’t caffeinated, I’d still want it. It’s a nice way to ease into the day, warms me up, and relaxes me in the evening (decaf haha). 
  • oli9oli9 member
    @velvetblue88 I’m with you on trying to mitigate weight gain. Although my doctor hasn’t outright said it, I know I fall into line with being overweight when I started this pregnancy. I’m actually 70lbs heavier at the beginning of this pregnancy than the day I gave birth to my last baby in 2019. I fell into depression after I had him and I gained a ton of weight within a year and a half, then I got pregnant again and I never had the chance to lose the weight I had put on. I’m trying not to gain anymore than 20lbs, but I’m also not taking any real precautions or tracking my calories. I didn’t gain any weight at all in my first trimester and as of my last dr appt I have gained a total of maybe 6-7 lbs. I’m HOPING, and there’s a lot of emphasis on hoping, that I will steadily only gain another 14 or so lbs in the next 12.5 weeks but who knows. I also don’t want to stress myself out over my weight and just allow my body to do it’s thing and more than anything bring a healthy baby into this world, but it’s hard not to have it on my mind. 
  • @runnergirl2018 Good luck on your glucose test! 

@velvetblue88 I wish I could help on the weight thing, I was average weight pre pregnancy, I’ve also lost about five pounds since I got pregnant, so I’m in the same boat of worry but I’ve been in touch with my doctor and keeping an eye on everything with baby. Good luck!

@sunshineandlemons yes yes to coffee! I feel my slogan in life is “you’re not you without coffee” (stolen from Snickers? Haha) Also, good luck on your glucose test! 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/26/22, 24w+6d!

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team green.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby can start to smell certain scents in utero!? I read this and now I’m wondering what the inside of my body smells like … 🤣

Upcoming appointments: Glucose test and general check up this Friday 4/15

How are you feeling?: Not much change from last week in the realm of feeling nauseous every night, same time, like clockwork. But, not as nauseous in the morning at least since Thursday. Also noticed last night my stomach is insanely itchy. 

Feeling baby have hiccups is the weirdest but, cutest feeling? 

Rants/Raves: 

Rave - fiancé dropped off some flowers “just because” today and it was just very sweet, entirely too mushy and sappy but appreciated. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Coffee has already been said several times and I’m on that train too for sure but, I also don’t think I could go without endless supplies of “Sonic/Chic-Fil-A” ice. I love it, I always have but it’s become my major must have 24/7 since I got pregnant.

hope everyone is having a good start to their week!

• @runnergirl2018 @oli9 @jessie_95 I spoke with the nurse at my OB this afternoon, and she said weekly fluctuation is normal, and what they care about is that my weight is going up with each visit (which it is) and she said I'm doing a good job with slow weight gain/progression.

@sunshineandlemons My MFM will see me again on 4/27, and if the size is stagnating/not growing, then we'll talk about it. I have another friend due in July (not in this community! What?!) whose baby is in the 21st percentile, but her doc isn't worried. So I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and hope she continues to grow. She's allowed to be petite for now. ☺️
  • @velvetblue88 i get what you mean now.  It could be worth keeping an eye on the weight piece and ask your OB if they’ll do other growth monitoring.  Hopefully it all ends up okay! I haven’t replaced my scale batteries at home in a month and they didn’t tell me my weight at my last visit so I’m not sure how much I’ve gained at this point. I know from 18-20 weeks I didn’t gain anything because i had 2 random appts that close together and at the 18 week one my OB said he expected me to be gaining about 1lb a week from that point on but wasn’t concerned about the lack of any gain from 18-20 weeks and they said nothing about my weight at 24 weeks.  My belly measured bigger than 20 weeks and i have a growth check US next week so we’ll see
  • @velvetblue88 that’s good your mfm is monitoring and hopefully that will provide you with some reassurance. It also sounds like you’ve got the right mindset. ❤️
  • @runnergirl2018 Goodluck on your glucose test! I had mine yesterday and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. 

@velvetblue88 I'm so jealous you're having a massage on Friday! Enjoy it!

To everyone that said coffee, I feel you there! Cutting back from how much I usually drink before being pregnant has been rough!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/5 but my doctor doesn't think I'll make it to my due date. 28wks today - officially 3rd trimester 😳

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a head of lettuce

Upcoming appointments: had my glucose test yesterday and 4/18 meet with my new ob

How are you feeling?: I started getting swelling in my feet and hands this week but otherwise just managing the hip pain.

Rants/Raves: Rants- people asking MH and I already about how soon after this baby are we going to have a 2nd. Can't I just enjoy my time with my first before talking about our 2nd.

Questions: n/a

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? I'd have to agree with coffee. I hate starting my day without it!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25+0. My EDD is 7/26 but they won't let me go past 38 weeks with a goal of making it to 36 weeks. I have to be 35+ weeks to deliver with my OB (not my MFM) so I've really got a couple week sweet spot to hit here haha. Hoping for the last week of June in all honesty. 

FTM/STM/STM+: STM bogo

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink/pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Couple of cauliflower heads. I don't like the exact week facts, they are boring. Give me soccer balls and Venti Starbucks cups. 

Upcoming appointments: Next week with my OB for a boring check up. Then 2 weeks after that I have a growth scan and my glucose test with the OB. 

How are you feeling?: Uncomfortable. I am so scared to see what the next 13 weeks will be like. I feel like my stomach cannot stretch any more. It is painful, itchy and my insides hurt. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: I don't understand how my MFM team can be so confused by basic visits. I mentioned that at my AS (my first visit with them) I felt like just a number and felt very rushed - didn't feel comfortable asking all of my questions. At my follow up AS for some images, when trying to set that up I had to call them 3 times because they didn't submit the request/didn't know what I was talking about/were annoyed I couldn't stay there from 9am to 3pm for both visits. When I finally got in and did the images, the nurse in the review room said all of my info was listed as New Patient and nothing was in there.... I had to repeat everything to her. Then at the end, the MFM doctor was like "okay you want to deliver with your OB right? Okay call us if you have any issues and we hope we don't see much more of you!" Okay cool. A week later I get a letter in the mail for an appointment at the end of April for a US.... no one asked me to schedule one, no one told me about it. I'm not sure what is going on there but I am going to do everything in my power to make sure I don't have to deliver there - it makes me nervous honestly. 
    Rave: It is finally spring here in VT! I'm excited to finally get the huge swing set that I purchased last year built so that our 5yo has something to do....especially since it is getting harder for me to move. 

Questions:

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? I am definitely going to join the coffee train. But I am also going to say comfy clothes. Even before I was pregnant, there was nothing better than coming home and putting on shorts and giant tshirt or a sweatshirt and PJ pants. 

*I'll be back for tags later. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25w2d, although I think I’m 27w2d

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baseball glove

Upcoming appointments: today!! It’ll be interesting to see how big baby is. I’ve been consistently measuring 2 weeks ahead and according to my dates I think that’s more accurate, but since baby #3 came so late I’m still ok with them not changing it

How are you feeling?: good! Just got over a stomach bug that went through our house over the weekend. I was still mostly in bed yesterday but feel back to normal today. I’m getting indigestion often but it’s manageable. 

Rants/Raves: I’m excited to see baby today! 

Questions:

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Coffee for sure! 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/20; 25w6d

FTM/STM/STM+: TTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cauliflower

Upcoming appointments: currently sitting at my OB checkup waiting on my blood draw for my glucose test. I had gestational diabetes with DS so I told them if I fail the 1 hour I would prefer to skip the 3 hour and go right to following the diet and pricking my finger. Not excited if that happens but I’m crossing everything I’ve got that I pass. 

How are you feeling?: exhausted with a capital E. Spring sports are in full swing for my big kids which means multiple practices/games a week till the end of may. Work is also ramping up to our busy season(I’ll be on maternity leave for peak busy) but I just feel so tired all the time. I am glad they are checking my iron with my blood draws today because it will tell me if the exhaustion is normal or due to low iron. 

Rants/Raves: I am on vacation next week from work, my big kids are on spring break and I am so excited to not have to follow a schedule for a week! It’s more like a staycation but my mom and I are planning to take the kids somewhere fun one day. 

Questions:

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? I’m gonna echo everyone else and say coffee. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/26, 25w0d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Blue 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Eggplant

Upcoming appointments: Midwife appointment on 5/4

How are you feeling?: Overall better than this point in my last pregnancy but the aches and pains and definitely starting.

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? LOL I love that everyone here is on the coffee train! (Me too.) My SIL just found out she's pregnant and mentioned switching to decaf and I'm just like.. ahh you don't have to do that. 😂 Just limit caffeine, no need to give it up completely.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  July 23, 25 + 3

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cauliflower

Upcoming appointments: Not until end of the month 

How are you feeling?: About the same

Rants/Raves: Where do I begin - it has been a WEEK! My students were wild, my son had a mild cold (the mildest cold ever but enough for him to have to stay home from preschool, and there was a error at the labs with my last bloodwork that resulted in cholestasis diagnoses so I have to go back and repeat some testing to figure out what's actually going on. Hoping for some answers soon!

Questions:

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? I have to agree with everyone and say coffee was the first thing that came to mind! I was trying to think of non-food related things and all I could come up with was my phone. So lame, I know, but it can do everything from connecting with people, watching shows, reading a book, etc. so like when you think about it if you HAD to get rid of books and TV and a whole bunch of forms of entertainment, your phone would have you covered!
  • @velvetblue88 Sorry you didn't pass. GD is annoying but not the end of the world. Hopefully your doc comes up with a good plan for you to keep sugars down.

@jessie_95 I think the scents in utero are more like after you eat, they can smell and taste it in the amniotic fluid. 

@runnergirl2008 My husband is the same way. Just oblivious to womanly functions. 

@novaghost99 That's super weird.. like family or coworkers are asking that? If it's family maybe they're just excited for you? I didn't start getting that question until my first was like a year old. Just ignore them and enjoy this time with your first.

@jellie603 I can only imagine the discomfort you're feeling. Hang in there, mama. I hope you have a good support system to help you in the weeks to come.

• @jessie_95 It'll match the scent of the lubricant that your areola produces. It helps baby find the breast and know who his/her mama is. Also just a warning: that glucose drink is known to make women nauseous (possibly even vomit). Since I had such issues with nausea with my first, I opted for a meal option for my glucose test. Still made me feel sick, but probably not as sick as the glocuse drink would have.  If you throw up the test is voided, and I really didn't want to go through all that to just not even get a test out of it. Just a heads up :)  . 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/7 , 27+5

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cauliflower? Idk. These sizes are so weird 

Upcoming appointments: This week for basic midwife. And then we start every two weeks. SIGH. 

How are you feeling?: Ok. Pregnant. Lots of BH contractions, still nausea every once in awhile. Anxiety is giving me issues. Just general aches and pains of pregnancy. 

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? I'll go a little adjacent since I don't drink coffee and say chocolate. I am addicted to the stuff. Otherwise, I guess I'll be sappy and say I couldn't do a day without my family. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @jessie_95 It'll match the scent of the lubricant that your areola produces. It helps baby find the breast and know who his/her mama is. Also just a warning: that glucose drink is known to make women nauseous (possibly even vomit). Since I had such issues with nausea with my first, I opted for a meal option for my glucose test. Still made me feel sick, but probably not as sick as the glocuse drink would have.  If you throw up the test is voided, and I really didn't want to go through all that to just not even get a test out of it. Just a heads up :)  . 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/7 , 27+5

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cauliflower? Idk. These sizes are so weird 

Upcoming appointments: This week for basic midwife. And then we start every two weeks. SIGH. 

How are you feeling?: Ok. Pregnant. Lots of BH contractions, still nausea every once in awhile. Anxiety is giving me issues. Just general aches and pains of pregnancy. 

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? I'll go a little adjacent since I don't drink coffee and say chocolate. I am addicted to the stuff. Otherwise, I guess I'll be sappy and say I couldn't do a day without my family. 
    1) I feel so silly letting my baby brain go to realms of “what does the inside of my body smell like!?”, but also, you just gave me more info in a few sentences than any book I’ve skimmed through has on the topic and it makes total sense, genius! I also read it out loud to my fiancé as he was leaving to run some errands and the look on his face … 🤣🤣🤣

2) OH MY GOSH THANK YOU! I’ve been dreading the drink because of the nausea I’ve already been having and the things I’ve heard about it causing more. Thank you! Going to call and see if I can do the different option because I reallllly don’t want to vomit and void it. 
  • @jessie_95 I don't know what your doc will offer, but there are definitely alternatives out there. One is to eat certain things, although they still sugar slam that. My current midwife would have let me just test my sugar over a certain amount of time to make sure it was normal. Definitely call and find out! 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • jessie_95jessie_95 member
    edited April 2022
    @tuxielove93 thank you! Left a message with one of the nurses at the office where my OB is and hopefully will head back tomorrow with what options (if any) I’ve got. Thank you so much for telling me there are options for it, even if the practice I’m at doesn’t offer any, it’s still great to know! 

@velvetblue88 oh my goodness, add me to the massage jealousy train too! I don’t even care for them and while I’m so grateful fiancé will rub my back for me sometimes, (major lower back pain the last month or so) it’s just not the same as a good massage to work the kinks out! I bet it felt wonderful. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/14 26w0d

FTM/STM/STM+: 3rd time’s a charm

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a stalk of celery 

Upcoming appointments: GCT and antibody screen 4/14. Hello all my fellow rh- mamas 😉

How are you feeling?: wonderful, really. Am I even pregnant? 

Rants/Raves: Baby is semi keeping me up at night with the kicking. But, they already scheduled my c-section (repeat) so at least I know a firm end date (I have never made it to 39 weeks though). 

Questions: What are you mamas craving? I’m still waiting on my own fixation/obsession to take over my life. 

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? I couldn’t live without my ice water. This is when I am not pregnant too. Give me all the ice lol!
  • I feel like I'm never going to have a chance to respond to everyone. Sorry!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 14 / 26+6

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue! 💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: he's as long as a rectangular box of Kleenex

Upcoming appointments: gonna LabCorp to see if I can have my glucose test done on Friday. US and OB appointment next week Tuesday

How are you feeling?: Doing well. Baby is moving like crazy. I swear it was going on consistently for 3 hours yesterday evening! Still feeling super anxious about getting everything on our registry in a reasonable time now that invites are out.

Rants/Raves: our Mockingbird stroller was delivered on Sunday! I am in love! It's gorgeous. The materials are really nice and not flimsy. My mom is very excited you can switch the direction of the seat so you can face baby. Lol. Rant though.... DH is being a pain about finishing our registry and has pretty much not prepared for childbirth in any capacity. I can't totally find him at fault with is work being so busy so he's tired when he gets home. And we do still have 3 months to go. But really I want to be fully prepared in 2 because you never know when baby might be ready. I saved my boss the stress of frantically packing his hospital bag when his wife went into labor with #2 because I suggested it to him when they were maybe 3 weeks from her due date. And guess who went into labor 2 nights later 😆. ALWAYS be prepared!

Questions: what are some good resources or things I can provide to DH to help him get prepared and ready once I go into labor? Don't bother recommending a book he's never going to read it. But if there's condensed information it would be greatly appreciated.

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? DH to be honest. I am not a handy person at all. Or does he count as a necessity? Lol. If I had to pick something else it would be hugs. I find a lot of comfort in touch. My weighted blanket is also invaluable.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 my baby was like that the other night too! It was constant all evening. It’s funny, I’ve never paid that much attention to the movements after the baby is born, so I’m going to try this time around. So far, this baby is a mix in movement between my first and second.
  • @inthewoods23 - Yay! Glad you like the mockingbird! My second seat kit got delivered late last week and I'm excited to play around with all of the configurations now!
  • @inthewoods23 does your hospital offer a birthing class? a lot have themo nline right now, so that might be worth doing and more manageable. I'll say this though, i went to one with hubby and he was pretty useless during the birth and still seemsto be clueless about a lot of labor/delivery stuff
  • @inthewoods23 - my little was kicking it up like crazy the last couple of nights too, I did time him/her Monday night and it went on for a solid two hours (couple little breaks but very much felt like some club full of 20-something’s haha). 

Also thank you for asking that question about resources for your DH, I was meaning to look around/ask that for my fiancé. 

@runnergirl2018 - I have a feeling fiancé won’t be much use no matter what he does (love the guy, but, let’s be real … he’s a guy). But a class at the hospital is a good suggestion, even if he just stays standing upright, I’ll be happy. 🤣

@elsieja - last weekend I had the biggest craving for peanut butter filled pretzels (the lil nugget ones from Trader Joe’s specifically) and it’s been nonstop with them. Other “cravings” have been lots of cold fresh fruit (watermelon, pineapple, lychee, pears, coconut), and since day one I’ve been obsessed with apple juice (I hated apple juice pre-pregnancy). Still bracing for the “weird” cravings/food mixes but so far, nada.

• @runnergirl2018 everything is online now through something called YoMingo. It's an app and seems to be mostly articles to read. I think there are classes you can sign up and pay for. I'll have to look at that again.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthwoods23 find a way to teach him the counter massage to help with labor pain. Mine is clutch during labor because he knows how to do this. And it gives him something to do. 
    P.S. the one move he does is actually useful for constipation as well 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @tuxielove93 counter massage? I have never heard of this! Definitely going to look into it
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @jessie_95 I think I may just have to go get some peanut butter filled pretzels now 🤤
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 26 weeks today

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A bunch of kale

Upcoming appointments: glucose test in 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: Lots of lower back pain recently. Yesterday I did the first gardening of the year and wow was my back sore afterwards! I was just weeding and trimming back perennials for about an hour but clearly that was too long. Might have to do it in smaller increments or just stretch like crazy afterwards. Seems like my back gets sore just bending down to do normal things anyway, so maybe it's hard to avoid!

I was feeling a little emotionally overwhelmed with pregnancy and birth stuff this weekend so decided to take a break from my constant reading and research about all of it. I've been a little less active on the bump just cause I know I need to think about other things for my mental health. I bought some new novels so that should help!

Rants: My MIL is being really challenging right now. She is hosting our baby shower and has much more traditional ideas about what that should look like. She won't really listen to us and our desires for a more casual event. But at this point I just need to compromise cause I have other things to worry about that are more important than one afternoon of my life!

Rave: we had a few sunny warm days here and it's nice to see Spring--finally!

GTKY: Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Definitely on the coffee train, lol! I tried to do "half-caff" at the beginning of my pregnancy and that did not work out. Switched back to my one cup of regular coffee and then felt like myself again. The addiction is real. 
  • @inthewoods23 big yes to counter massage! I had my doula and my husband both helping with this. They used a rebozo wrap when I was on my hands and knees on my lower back and it helped so much. We did Bradley method classes when I was pregnant with #3 and we learned a lot about pain management during it. 
  • I see lots of you have very active babies - anyone being kept up at night? I haven't been so far until last night. Little man was having a PARTY for about two hours, right when I was ready to go to bed, he absolutely would not stop. It was cute and I'm happy he is bopping around in there, but the exhaustion is REAL over here this morning. Why can't he have his dance party during my awake hours?? LOL
  • @courtneyqdk - just in the past few days my little one has been kicking like crazy as I’m settling into bed and within an hour of me waking up. Im not sure WHY they choose these times to have soccer games and gymnastics but, yeah, exhaustion is real over here too. 🤣
  • @courtneyqdk I have really active babies but it’s never kept me up at night. However, my almost three year old is still nursing and the nipple pain is real and THAT is keeping me up 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008