July 2022 Moms

Steals and Deals

Share links to deals on anything baby/mama/postpartum related!

Re: Steals and Deals

• Wonderfold Wagon is having 20% off their 2 seater wagons! we just ordered the W2 Elite Double stroller wagon _ I also saw last night that Amazon has just as good of or slightly better pricing on some of the Wonderfold Wagons right now. https://www.wonderfoldwagon.com/

Lou Lou and Company is having a sale week later this month and I'm keeping my eye on Sarah Wells Bags, Latched Mama and Kindred Bravely clothes and such for mama and will post those when they come up :) 
  • oli9oli9 member
    I have a bunch of stuff in my LouLou & Company cart but I’m waiting to pull the trigger until I see this sale at the end of the month. I want all the things but they are so expensive! 😭

If anyone is into H&M (I am obsessed) if you sign up to be a member (it’s free to sign up) you get an initial discount off of one item and then exclusive emails with discounts on your entire cart like weekly. I already got 3 orders with a 20% off coupon, 25% off coupon and a 30% off coupon depending how much you spend. The discounts sure do take a big chunk off your total when you use them! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @oli9 if you’re on FB, there’s a great lou lou group that’s great for reselling stuff! They keep their value pretty well if in good shape so I try to keep that in mind when buying too. Just don’t join it before because it might convince you to buy even more 🤣🤣🤣
  • Starting April 18 - Target car seat trade in. Trade in used carseat or booster seat and get 20% off a new one or select baby gear. https://www.target.com/c/car-seat-trade-in-event/-/N-v41nu
    I"ve even gotten a stripped down used car seat from a local mom's group or ask on FB market place and used that to trade in to get a discount on what we needed!

For those planning to cloth diaper - also keep an eye out on deals this month. there are often a lot for earth day
  • On the Target car seat trade in: I've only done it with one but can you do it with 2? Bring 2 seats get 20% off each for 2 more seats?
  • edited April 2022
    @jellie603 - Last year I had one car seat to trade in and honestly you don't even need to trade anything in... they have the barcode right there to scan into your target account and no one is checking if you brought a car seat or not.. and the barcode automatically gave you 20% off two car seats - so I bought two convertibles! Plus they were on sale, so I got two Graco 4ever car seats for $400 total!
  • @jellie603 I don’t know about that.   I  read on the website that one car seat gives you a coupon for one item that you could use twice - it says there’s a coupon code you scan by the trade in box but it becomes part of your target circle so I’m not sure if you get more coupons for 2 seats 
  • @oli9 me too! I don’t go into our goodwill too often… the selection is usually meh. However, I do buy at Once Upon a Child and off of FB and Mercari. I’ve held off buying any new things I need (like for pumping/BF) until I get my registry discounts.

I’ll add too, that at least for Amazon, you can add things to your registry for older kids. We aren’t sharing it with anyone, so I added a bentgo lunchbox for my oldest since she’s going to kindergarten this fall.
  • @sunshineandlemons - yes to the adding items to registry for completion discounts for older kids! i know there are some restrictions but my 3yr old outgrew his bike and helmet over the winter so we are adding that to our list and potentially a kids fire tablet and Osmo learning kit
  • I just saw this deal, which is buy a nursing dress, get a free nursing T-shirt. The styles aren’t my particular favorite but I do love the items I’ve biught from latched mama in the past : https://latchedmama.com/pages/easy-breezy-bogo

and I saw the Lou Lou and Company spring sale starts Tuesday 4/12! @oli9
  • oli9oli9 member
    @runnergirl2018 thank you! I’m getting on it!! Excited!
  • I also found out that Albee Baby offers 20% off for military and health care workers

Sarah Wells Bags does 18% off for military, first responders, health care workers, and teachers

Kindred Bravely - 20% off for health care workers

If anyone else knows of companies that are doing this please share :) 

• oli9oli9 member
    If anyones interested  I got this email today from my favorite brand 😂 H&M 

• Wanted to share this for any mamas of rainbow babies or if you just like rainbows! 50% off!!

Itzy Ritzy Cocoon & Hat Swaddle Set, Cutie Cocoon Includes Name Announcement Card & Matching Jersey Knit Cocoon & Hat Set, Perfect for Newborn Photos, for Ages 0 to 3 Months, Over The Rainbow https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B099VDJRMH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_6FT5RH8J30FWHS6T6R4X
  • For those needing to add to their own wardrobes, Motherhood is having a nice sale right now on a variety of things. They're also advertising a free panty with each bra, which wasn't working when I placed an order, but both are on sale, so it wasn't the end of the world. 
  • A bunch of cloth diaper companies are doing Earth Day sales! I don't remember the exact names since I already have my supply, but anyone who wants to try cloth could probably find them with a Google search :)
  • @flikyerbik Twinkie Tush is one of my favorite cloth diaper brands and they usually have an Earth Day sale. 🙂
  • For anyone looking for cloth diapers, I know that Nicki's Diapers and Green Mountain Diapers currently have sales going on for select brands.  
    Thirsties are my favorite cloth diaper brand and I have not seen deals for them yet, but if I don't buy through their direct website than I buy from Nicki's and Green Mountain and have been happy with them
  • I believe Newton Baby has a 20% mattresses, pads, and... Something else (sorry can't remember 😅).

If I want to dabble a little in cloth diapers with these sales they're having, how many should I buy?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • I believe Newton Baby has a 20% mattresses, pads, and... Something else (sorry can't remember 😅).

If I want to dabble a little in cloth diapers with these sales they're having, how many should I buy?
    I haven't started yet, but I've read that to just try it, maybe 3-6. Depends what kind you are getting, though.
     If you are getting pocket diapers, 6 pockets and 6 inserts, prefolds, fitteds, or flats. Prefolds are like a flat piece of cloth that is divided in three sections with the most absorbent in the middle. You fold it into a diaper. Flats are basically just a flat piece of cloth, and you fold them into whatever absorbency you want. Fitteds are like a cloth diaper with snaps and everything, but not waterproof. Flats and prefolds can be folded and stuffed in a pocket, and that's also what an insert does. You can also use any of those with a waterproof cover, and you can reuse a waterproof cover 2-3 times. Thus, you would only need 3 covers for your 6 insert or etc. 
    If you want it to be like disposables, you can get AIO or All-In-One diapers. They have the absorbent layer already sewn in. The downside is that they are harder to dry. You also may need to get inserts or boosters for them to lay inside for extra absorbency if you have a heavy wetter. You would need again 3-6 for part time/try it depending how often you want to try it. 
    The last kind is called AI2 or All-In-Two. These are also sometimes called a hybrid. The AI2 system is typically a waterproof cover that you can snap an absorbent liner in. Like the waterproof cover and inserts above, you can reuse the cover a few times. Thus, you only need maybe 3 of the waterproof shells for 6 absorbent liners. 
    The cheapest option, from what I can tell, is waterproof covers with prefolds or flats. I am doing that for the newborn stage myself. It's roughly $10 for six prefolds, and the covers tend to be inexpensive as well. (Maybe $6-$12 each before the Earth Day sales.)
    Since you want to just try it, it might be fun to get a little of each kind and try them out to decide if you like any of them. For me, I dislike pockets because I dislike unstuffing the liner after it's filled with pee or poop. AIOs can get expensive, so I have a tiny stash of them to try. I went all in on the prefold/cover and AI2 systems because they seem like the best combination of saving money and easy cleaning up :)
  • stardustskiesstardustskies member
    edited April 2022
    @inthewoods23 My stash is mostly hybrid fitteds. AIO's are also easy, but my oldest was a heavy wetter and the all in ones weren't absorbent enough for him. If you want to use cloth full time, I'd go with 30, to wash every 2-3 days. 

One of my favorite brands is Mod Momma and the owner makes a few different types. Check out the b/s/t group on Facebook, and follow the main FB page too!
  • @inthewoods23 i like ot have about 30 cloth if you plan on doing them exclusively.  if you want to try them out you can just get a handful, but know that they'll go through 8-12/day especially at the beginning.  I found that even the "one size" ones don't fit most newborns well - if you are committed to cloth and are planning on more kids, then it's worth it to get the newborn sizes, if not i would just use disposable for the first couple months and then use the one size. 
    I personally like the 'pocket" diapers.  you do have to restuff them each time but then they're all set to put on baby just like a disposable diaper.  the all in ones took FOREVEVER to dry and don't have the same flexibility for different absorbant pads

I recommend trying a few brands out - we personally love Thirsties natural pocket diapers

I highly recommend avoiding microfiber inserts past the newborn days because they just don't hold much and are sensitive to getting build up or compression leaks
  • Kindred Bravely is having 25% off sale

Latched Mama has some sales going on right now too
  • @runnergirl2018 the research I've done it sounds like the pocket diapers are most like disposable in a way. With the pocket diapers can you reuse the cover or is that considered soiled along with the insert? Been a while since I looked at cloth diapers and can't remember at the moment.

Pretty sure I need to find a new detergent just for the cloth diapers too since I've read some laundry detergents can't really handle the remnants of fecal matter.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 some detergents will "stick" to the cloth diapers too and make them less absorbent. Or so I've read anyways 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @inthewoods23 they're all washable. I can send you pictures of what i have later.  the "stuffed' pocket part just comes out on its own in the wash and everything gets clean. I use Shaklee eco friendly laundry and we use it for everything in the house and it works well.  if you are doing cloth then i recommend getting a sprayer for the toilet for when they start solids to flush out the yucky poops in the toilet before throwing the diapers in the wash
  • @tuxielove93 oohhh yeah that sounds familiar.

@runnergirl2018 how much does the sprayer thing cost? DH might be on board with cloth diapers if I help him understand the costs and how it all works. I might be thinking of pre-folds that allow you to reuse the cover that you place over them as long as they don't get dirty from pee/poop.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 i think like $30? it's not necessary but super helpful for the solid food poops.  Yes i think yu are right - i never really used the pre-folds and such because i found that system annoying but i know some people love it.  if kiddo is going into a daycare you'll also want to ask if they'll accept cloth diapers - i never had issues with it beyond needing to teach the staff a little and provide a wet bag for dirty diapers that went home daily - even the place we considered here before my MIL agreed to take baby didn't have concerns about using cloth but i've heard some places will not deal with it.  Ive tended to hear that more from places that might have a large amount of parents use cloth diapers and think it's too much to keep track of or handle
    Over time, the cost is SO MUCH LESS especially if you hope or plan for multiple kiddos.  also its nice that you never "run out" of diapers and have to go for a diaper run or worry about not having the right size. we did and do plan to again use disposable for the early newborn days. but after that we only used disposables when out for a long time /(like most of a day) or for travel and would buy super small packs of diapers.  my hubby was weirded out by it at first but i just bought everything and he dealt with it and then admitted it wasn't as bad as he thought.  he was really worried about the cleanliness of the washing machine but we never had issues and just did a disinfecting cycle on the washer maybe monthly? i don't even remember now. and then early days we washed them like every other day and then when the pee/poop slows down a little we washed every 3rd day
  • I used aeroflow breast pumps online and they will show you what breast pumps your insurance will cover. My insurance requires a prescription they faxed my Dr. for it. I didn't have to do anything besides provide some info. My insurance also covered two pairs of compression socks. I got the spectra and two pairs of compression socks for free through insurance.