July 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 4.4

Meet The Babies GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Share whatever here
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 4.4

• I'm trying to pick a kindergarten for my oldest. I am a nervous wreck and about to melt into a puddle worrying about him. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Latest SIL wedding gossip from this weekend (it's not that juicy)

I think it was my MIL that asked about whether a friend was attending and my SIL said something along the lines that "(friend) isn't sure if she can make it". She lives a good 3 hours away and often travels for work so makes sense that she can't commit. FBIL then also mentions that the guy who is supposed to be his best man also can't commit a yes or no to being there. So I guess this is more than parents and siblings? Unless those 2 are supposed to be the best man and maid of honor. I opted not to mention the baby as we were together for FBIL's birthday and didn't want to ruin the night. Might come out this weekend when we're over at DH's uncle's new house for a housewarming party. We'll see.

To be continued 😆
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @tuxielove93 what part of it is making it hard to decide? I know when it comes to making big decisions for our littles it feels like the weight of the world is on our shoulders! There's so much pressure to make the absolute best decision. But truth is, he will be great no matter where you put him! Try not to stress about it too much. Where we live you have to register with the school in your catchment (usually whichever is closest)
  • We have open enrollment here plus lots of charter schools so there are options galore 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • How I’m feeling. Between being sick the last couple weeks and just low on energy in general I’m losing hope especially since 3rd tri is right around the corner! Maybe then the nesting energy will kick in.
  • Yeah I never really get that honeymoon second trimester 🤣 it’s misery all three for me. I suppose the second is slightly decreased misery?? 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @lilirunning34 this was definitely me in early 2nd tri. I could tell I had more energy, but I was still wanting to fall asleep at 8pm on the couch. Couldn't tell if winter was also just draining my soul.

Even with a bit more energy now my misery is "f*ck he's in my way" every time I try to get out of a chair :D I'm embarrassed about the amount of grunting I do just to stand up.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I agree @lilirunning34. I’m not sure if it’s because I had Covid this winter or just being pregnant during the winter more than my last pregnancies, but I’ve just not had the energy in second tri like I have in the past!
  • well I am glad I am in good company then! Like 2nd tri is definitely better than first, but I would just like to feel like a normal person for one freaking day 😆 
  • Haha @inthewoods23 I feel like I am constantly grunting and making weird noises whenever I get up from sitting or change positions in bed. 

I did have some 2nd trimester energy but it is officially gone and I’m now constantly tired and in need of a nap. 
  • cmhmecmhme member
    OMG... i am embarrassed by all the noise i make these days. Heartburn, gas, etc. i feel like i say excuse me 500 times a day! I also am still getting nose bleeds several times a week which i sit in a cube and cannot control when someone walks in. :-P
    Our Journey:
    Me: 40
    TTC since 2017
    3/18-9/18- IUI's
    11/18- IVF #1
    1/19- IVF #2
    8/19- DE Cycle #1- 5 PGS tested normal
    9/19- FET #1- SUCCESS! May 2020
    10/21- FET #2- SUCCESS! July 2022
  • Just hear to commiserate with everyone about second tri not being easier! This pregnancy has been much harder than my first overall (which wasn't exactly a picnic) so the struggle is real. I keep wondering how I'm going to last through 2-3 more months of this! Then, on the other hand it is "oh no... I have done nothing to prepare, I need more time!" LOL can't win
  • so far part of second trimester has meant i am kind of motivated to do stuff in the morning but then by lunch i'm out of energy and need a nap and then it's all over after that   :D
  • Just scheduled a 30 week ultrasound for one more look at baby before he’a born. I’ve done it with all my pregnancies. I just like seeing them one more time between the 20 week and birth 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Just here to say I’m also in the misery-boat. FTM, the first trimester was a rough one (I lost my mom the week after I found out and had lost my dad in August) so grieving paired with first trimester wasn’t a fun one. Second trimester is feeling really, weird? Some days I wake up with so much energy and bounce and “can do!” attitude, but by 7-8pm I’m absolutely exhausted and nauseous (common thread no matter what), other days it’s a struggle to get out of bed, take the dog for a walk, do dinner etc but by 7-8pm, I’m nauseous but am wide awake. It. Makes. No. Sense.
  • Holy sh*t. I have been so incredibly busy at work the last couple of weeks (months?). Ugh. I promise I haven't abandoned you all! Hi! Hello! I miss you all!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Ok so I know it’s kind of late in the game for this. 
    BUT 
    I impulsed bought this cute maternity cat shirt from Walmart and OMG. It’s incredibly comfortable. It doesn’t feel like a maternity shirt, it feels like an actual normal tshirt. But it fits the bump and I have room to grow. 
    I’m buying two more just because I have never been so comfortable pregnant. It’s Crazy Dog T-shirt’s if anyone is interested 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Those sound cute @tuxielove93

@runnergirl2018’s most recent post in steals and deals made me remember a random fact about my town. I guess we have a big recycling facility here and tons of the car seats from the trade ins were coming here by the truckload from Walmart and Target last year. It was like a mountain and very unsightly for the people that lived near there. Plus, a lot of rats were moving into the mountain and living there. I wonder if we’ll get them again this year and if there will be the same problems (I think the mountain lasted so long because of staffing issues).
  • oli9oli9 member
    @sunshineandlemons that is such a weird and random fact about your town! I’m actually so interested in it though. Satisfying knowing where those car seats end up. I never knew they recycled them, or made mountains out of them 😹, I thought maybe they were donated to the needy but yeah I guess expired seats wouldn’t make for good donations although I’m sure someone out there would love to have one. 

Very cool fact to visualize! 
  • @tuxielove93 oo oh my goodness, I love comfy shirts!! I’ll now be taking a trip to Walmart this weekend!
  • @jessie_95 idk if they are in store, I ordered online! Just fyi 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @tuxielove93 thank you! I’d actually prefer to avoid the store insanity so, online it is!
  • tuxielove93tuxielove93 member
    edited April 2022
    @jessie_95 They also have their own website and LOTS more options on there. I just ordered two more. I was partial to the kangaroo poking out of the pouch one. But they had like 17 pages of maternity shirts. 

https://www.crazydogtshirts.com/products/peeking-kangaroo-maternity-tshirt?_pos=1&_sid=e0e7c2432&_ss=r

P.S. They fit true to size. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • jessie_95jessie_95 member
    edited April 2022
    @tuxielove93 oh no … no no no. What have you done!?

I’ll just be spiraling down the comfy shirt hole. Thank you!

Also, oh my goodness the kangaroo one! Thats a must, so, good choice!
  • @jessie_95 I’m sorry. I was just sucking you into the hole I already sucked myself into 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Speaking of comfy. I know not everyone is in a place that’s seething heat right now like I am in Southern California, BUT … I’ve been living in these shorts from Costco the past couple of days and highly suggest them, they’d be great to grab now and have on hand for those last few weeks and post baby summer wear too, I think?

https://www.costco.com/briggs'-ladies'-linen-blend-short.product.100783073.html
  • I have similar shorts. Idk how, but my sleep/sweat/comfy clothes don't ever need to move into a maternity. Which is insane because I bump a lot and I start wearing maternity clothes really early. I've never understood how this works, but it does 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • super random but in a sadder way.....
    someone we know really well was recently diagnosed with stage 4 colo-rectal cancer. they have 2 small kiddos. Anyone been through supporting someone - trying to think through best ways to be helpful/supportive to them as they undergo treatment, and also keeping in mind that survival rates are pretty low. in my experience they aren't big on asking/accepting for help so i feel like its going to need to be more like "here's what i'm going to do for you"  thinking of making meals/organizing some friends over time to help with meals and helping with the kids.  thoughts? ideas?
  • Organizing a meal train could be super helpful. Then they aren’t just flooded with food all at once. 
    Also gift cards for food! Or even for food delivery. Do they make those? I should know this I work for them 🤣🤣 

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @tuxielove93 yeah i think i'm going to look into figuring out a meal train set up.  i know they are seeing another mutual friend tonight that i had talked with about wanting to organize something so she is going to see in what ways they might be open to help.  and yes - i was also thinking either giftcards to their favorite food places that deliver or places like grubhub do gift cards (although i hate using places like that because the prices area always so much higher)
  • jessie_95jessie_95 member
    edited April 2022
    @runnergirl2018 I’m so sorry, my heart aches for you and your friends.

@tuxielove93 they do!! I believe all the big apps offer virtual gift cards for food delivery on their platforms (Grubhub/doordash/Postmates/UberEats)

I have some input from two different sides:

My fiancé’s work partner and one of his best friends passed from colon cancer in 2019. They had a four year old and a baby on the way when he was diagnosed. A group of us got together and decided on meals to make that could be frozen and easily heated and food that would keep well in the fridge, we also would do a weekly sort of “bento box” style meal for their son that we’d drop off too so he could have that as a fun treat (and we made it themed too so more fun to eat!). We all offered child care, play dates or outings with their son and his wife to help get her mind off what was going on for a little while, and to help with the kiddo.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2013, I’ve been in remission since 2017. My coworkers did the meal train thing, but the biggest help/relief for me, was having people offer to come sit with me during my chemo. I resisted it at first because, who the heck wants to sit in a hospital for eight hours? But, having coworkers, friends, and my fiancé who was my boyfriend at the time and we’d JUST started dating two months prior to my diagnosis, was so sweet, so helpful, it gave me someone to talk to, laugh with, watch movies with, hold my hand if I needed it, shoot even just driving me to and from my treatments was helpful.

I hope that helps!
  • @jessie_95 thank you for sharing that.  i just found out that her coworkers have a food train set up so we'll all jump on that and have been trying to schedule normal friend time and play dates and baby sitting their kiddos.
    She works in a hospital so i'm sure she'll have lots of support there but i'll see if she would want company during her treatments. that's a great idea
    so glad to hear about your remission!
  • @runnergirl2018 no better place to work in the situation she’s currently in right!? Glad there’s things moving forward motion for meals and play/hangout time.

It’s a nice thing to offer, they may not want the company in the beginning, I didn’t, I didn’t want to burden friends or my boyfriend with my stuff and all the side effects that came with treatments but after a few it was really helpful to have a friendly face who would be there with me, even for an hour.

Also, having things to do! A coworker jokingly brought me adult coloring books and books, gossip magazines (which I’m not a fan of normally), I eventually started taking my boyfriends iPad with me, but just having something to keep me busy when I wasn’t sleeping or feeling yucky was nice.

Your friend is lucky to have you there for them and their family. Keep us posted!
  • Was in line at the grocery store and the lady in front of me asked when I'm due. It's my birthday today and I was feeling silly so I said, "excuse me?" She said, "Your baby, when are you due?" And I was like, "What baby?" 🤔 I guess I wasn't fooling her lol. I told her July. She said, "I have 2 grandkids, I can tell when someone is pregnant." Got home and told my husband about it. The outfit I was wearing was kinda baggy and I didn't really have a pronounced bump or anything, I could have just been oddly overweight. And he said, "Nah you're skinny everywhere except for your belly, you definitely look pregnant." 😭 Dang, I guess no jokes for me.
  • @stardustskies Happy Birthday!! 🥳🥳