July 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-In w/o 4.4

2»

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 4.4

• @tuxielove93 thanks! i am looking between that, the wonderfold, and an evenflo pivot.  What do you like about it? how does it do with folding up and fitting in a trunk (i have a small SUV and hubby has a 4 door but small tesla)
  • oli9oli9 member
    @thegeekymom I just spent 30 minutes looking at photos and facts about Kunekune Pigs and if I could ever have one as a pet. 😂 I live in South Florida near the coast and definitely not on allowable farm land so probably not, but because of your photos I WANT ONE! 
  • Loading the player...
  • tuxielove93tuxielove93 member
    edited April 2022
    @runnergirl2018 it collapses but it does not fold more than that. I was able to get it into the back of my hatchback ford focus but it took persuasion. It should be fine in an SUV but im not sure about a Tesla. I’m not familiar enough with them. The big wheels do come off pretty easy which makes it a bit smaller and easier to fit into tighter spaces. 

The thing I love most about it is how comfortable it is. It’s very sturdy bottom and well padded. It’s not like some wagons that look like they barely have any cloth on them and you can see the bars. This is a true stroller just in wagon form. It’s also slim so it fits anywhere a normal stroller would. 
    Lots of pockets, very easy maneuvering, both kids (who are big) fit comfortably. They both have plenty of snack room and I still have lots of storage room. The stroller straps will be really useful with younger kids too. The wheels maneuver easily too, and the handle is super comfortable to use. It even has extra seating but you don’t need even need it. 

The sunshade is not super useful. It could really only successfully cover one kid, so I’ve never kept it up. That and the fact that it doesn’t fold more are the only cons. Now that I have a CRV it fits easy please though. And it is easy to collapse. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @oli9 oh god you can't start drinking the drink until you're there??? That sucks!! I think it depends on the type of wool. Merino wool is fairly soft which is what the car seats are made of (as well as the shirts DH wears). I'm up in WI so it definitely gets cold here and the wool is helpful in staying warm.

@creativesoul63 oh no I'm so sorry. That is stressful! Has no one provided you with any insight? Hopefully everything is okay and she just turns out to be a smaller baby. And happy birthday to your DD today!

@runnergirl2018 hold up, are you talking about a Model 3??? We're a Tesla family too :smiley:. Seriously, our due dates are coming up fast!! I'll probably start panicking come June. We always have to do two showers since DH's family is here in WI and mine are mostly all in IL. The shower for DH's side isn't until June 11th and I'm so not looking forward to having my last shower that late. What if there's something really important we need that we don't get and won't arrive in time??? This is me just thinking about it:
    No Time Mad GIF - No Time Mad Angry - Discover  Share GIFs

@lilirunning34 ugh man, there are so many things to subscribe to! I'm not that desperate to watch the show lol

@tuxielove93 ugh damn housing market!

@thegeekymom oh my goodness look at all the cute babies!! You've been BUSY! I was wondering where you had been.

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • jessie_95jessie_95 member
    edited April 2022
    New here, excited to “check in” with everyone!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/26 - 24w + 2d.

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green, I’m not feeling more one or the other but coworkers and friends all have their votes (majority say Blue).

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an ear of corn (not going to lie, fiancé and I laughed for a solid 10 minutes at this one).

Upcoming appointments: exam and glucose screening next Friday.

How are you feeling?: Ok. Waves of nausea a few times a day, noticing some food aversions (and cravings) but okay otherwise.

Rants/Raves:

Rave - Fiancé did the big monthly Costco run so I don’t have to and I appreciate that. He also cleaned the pool.

Rant: It’s 95+ degrees here in Southern California and I want nothing to do with it.

Questions: None at the moment. It’s helpful to read all the STM’s posts and see what y’all have been going through/how you’re handing things.

GTKY: what are you currently watching/binging on TV? I don’t watch much TV, however I seem to get the most nauseous and uncomfortable at night so I’ve been re-watching Big Little Lies.
  • It's a good thing I checked in early this week before ish hit the fan and my whole schedule went sideways.  Finally getting back on track!

@courtneyqdk great news about the all clear on a low-temp hot tub soak. A relaxing bath is one of my favorite de-stress activities. I like them like *hot* though, so I've been mostly avoiding taking them because a lukewarm bath is just not the same.  

Good to know @oli9, and glad to hear you passed it! My instructions tell me i have to fast for 12 hrs, so I scheduled it for 830 in the morning to make that easy on myself.  

Oh no @velvetblue88!! Hopefully he isn't too upset that he knows now too!  

@sunshineandlemons I'll have to remember to bring myself a snack so I have something to eat right after.  Good call!

@stardustskies that sucks that YH can't take more than 2 days post-birth. Working with/for family is so tough. H was working for the family business when I had S, and we had something very similar happen. They all looked at him like he was a crazy person when he asked for the week...one week...post-birth off.

@inthewoods23 yes! It went basically how I expected it would, so for the most part that's good, but now we'll see how much prep gets done during the massive amount of notice I gave them...

@jessie_95 welcome!
  • @jessie_95 welcome! Big little lies was soooo good! I need to re-watch that- and little fires everywhere.
  • @inthewoods23 Yes! hubby has a model 3.  I don't drive a tesla currently as only 1 was in our budget.  I think they are really cool and love electric cars but have weird feelings about Elon so i'm not sure if i want to give him more of our money.  I'm pretty sure my husband would marry Elon if he could.  it's a fun time in our house  :D
    I also saw your think about the glucose drink - at the offices that i've been to it's been the standard that you take the drink while you are there. I think with my first they did a blood draw first, gave me the drink, and then did another draw ..but it was also a few years ago so who knows if I"m remembering that right
    Hopefully the shower thing isn't too big of a deal - You can always just grab anything you think is totally essential that you worry would take a bit to get if you don't get it at the first shower and then shower 2 can just be other things.  The only necessities in the super early days are diapers, wipes, a bassinet with extra sheets, a changing pad, diaper cream, burp cloths, car seat, and some clothes.  plus if you are formula feeding you'll need that and bottles.  the only thing I think would maybe take a bit would be a bassinet or carseat if you are picky on those. I hope it all works out!  
  • @tuxielove93 apparently hubby already bought the wonderfold wagon  :D  i told him last week it was 20% off but his response was that it was so expensive so i just said we could wait and see if we could find a better deal or look into other options.  end of conversation, or so i thought. then last night it came up at dinner and he said it was coming this weekend  :D so i guess our decision has been made. I'll report back how it fits in our cars in case anyone else is looking at it as an option
  • @jessie_95 sorry for the nausea! I had it pretty easy early on then suddenly at 20 weeks couldn't keep anything (even water!) down for like 3 days. I think it was just a stomach bug but man did I appreciate having an easy going pregnancy after that. I can't imagine feeling that way for all the months of pregnancy.

@zwink1 we're supposed to be getting an intern to help cover while I'm gone but I haven't really heard anything so who knows if my boss/company are actually preparing. At this point I'm like oh well, if my one coworker ends up being on his own for 12 weeks it's not my problem.

@runnergirl2018 sweet! DH has a 3 and I got the Y back in 2020. I totally hear you on the weird feelings towards Elon. It's like omg stop making yourself look like a fool 🫣. And yes, DH totally has a man crush on him 😂. He's told me if he were ever to meet Elon he wouldn't know what to say!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 right?!  Hubby really wants me to get the Y and i'm sure that some day i probably will - the price has shot up so much recently and the demand so high with the increase in gas prices that I feel like we'll wait a while for the market to calm down a bit
  • @runnergirl2018 it's terrible!! I can't believe how much has jumped in price.

Just like when I finally realized how much more expensive things are at the grocery store. I bought a package of ground beef the other week and saw it was ON SALE for $3.49/lb. That's normally the regular price I think. Now the regular price is $6-7/lb 😱
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @zwink1 thank you for the welcome!

@inthewoods23 ugh, see you get it! I only know without a doubt that I’ll be nauseous by 830-9pm, every night, because it’s been like clockwork (and makes any attempts at doing more than just kissing fiancé goodnight, impossible), but the morning/afternoon is like a sick game my body plays. One day it’ll be fine, to days later it pickets any food/liquid.

@sunshineandlemons oh my goodness it is SO GOOD. I need to rewatch Little Fires Everywhere but BLL is one of my favorites!
  • > @inthewoods23 said:
    > @runnergirl2018 it's terrible!! I can't believe how much has jumped in price.
    >
    > Just like when I finally realized how much more expensive things are at the grocery store. I bought a package of ground beef the other week and saw it was ON SALE for $3.49/lb. That's normally the regular price I think. Now the regular price is $6-7/lb 😱

This! I was just talking about grocery stores and the price hikes and how I hadn’t noticed it too badly at the places I was shopping until recently, and I had a solid 10 minute nag fest in the cereal aisle with fiancé about how expensive x, y, x was. It’s ridiculous. I was looking at tomatoes today at Pavillions (Safeway/Vons/same chain) because I just needed two for sandwiches, $4.50/each. For beefsteak tomatoes. I just … no.
  • @courtneyqdk I also enjoy some mind numbing reality tv! The Tinder Swindler was fascinating! I can’t believe that guy is still out there… I enjoy any documentary about con artists or cults, lol. Like “Wild Wild Country”. That one was crazy!

@jessie_95 Price inflation is pretty crazy right now. I work at a co-op grocery store and part of my job is setting our produce prices. For awhile during the pandemic everything was normal but suddenly costs have gone way up due to fuel/trucking costs, increased costs for packaging, labor shortages, hot/dry weather conditions on California, etc. It sucks to raise prices cause I’m also a customer so when I go to buy things I get sticker shock too! It’s hard!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25w1d, 7/20

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: girl 🥰

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: head of cauliflower 

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow I have a midwife appt. Better ask about the glucose test!

How are you feeling?: More and more pregnant, lol. Having to adjust to a heavier bump and more aches and pains. I’m stretching every night and generally trying to take it easy. So It’s fine overall. A lot of people at work know I’m pregnant, but it’s funny cause now it’s super obvious for all the people that didn’t know before! I feel like people stare, lol.

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: heartburn, ugh! Should have bought some Tums today when I was at Walgreens…

Rave: there are tulips and daffodils popping up in our garden. Yay spring!

GTKY: what are you currently watching/binging on TV? Interior Design Masters on Netflix. It’s pretty good. 
  • @zinnia19 I live in California, LA area where everything is always pricey but to see the inflation that’s been going on the last few weeks is just painful. Understandable, but still painful.

Also, same with the “feeling pregnant” statement! Most of my coworkers have known about me being pregnant (my fiancé works for the same department and definitely made a big to-do to his buddies which filtered to my section of the department haha, I can’t be mad, it was cute to see him excited) but now that there’s an obvious bump there, I'm finding more and more people staring (coworkers and strangers), and while I personally have always held doors for people/appreciated them being held for me etc, it’s been weird to have some folks visibly go out if their way to do something for me, it makes me feel uncomfortable and I don’t know why?
  • @jessie_95 Jesus shouldn't a freaking tomato be like a buck??? I don't even know. I don't eat tomatoes haha. Have you talked to your doctor at all about getting some relief from your nausea?

@zinnia19 I really need to get in the habit of stretching everyday. Or at least some simple prenatal yoga! I'm sure a hip opener is going to feel heavenly 😆
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 That’s what I said as I promptly left the store and went a few miles down to Grocery Outlet (I live for that store, truly!) and while they weren’t $1, they weren’t $5/each either. It’s insane to me.

Yes, I’ve talked with my doctor every time I’ve gone in about the nausea and getting some relief, she suggested cutting certain foods out that may be causing it so we could rule out if I was doing it to myself with certain foods; that wasn’t the case. Then I got stressed reading about nausea meaning higher hCG levels and that could be a sign of an abnormal placenta forming, so that was checked after I cried to the doctor about it (she consistently assured me everything was fine leading up to that breakdown, thank you hormones), she suggested ginger (hard nope even pre pregnancy), crackers, smaller frequent meals/snacks, lots of hydrating, but I think next week I’m going to ask her if there’s a step up from that stuff that could help. But I also don’t want to be that pregnant girl who can’t handle what comes with pregnancy, does that make sense at all?

Like I feel bad if I say anything to anyone (even on here) that’s negative about how I’m feeling because my brain won’t turn off the “this is what happens when you’re pregnant Jessie, just suck it up.” Fiancé is so sweet and helpful when he’s home but I find myself keeping how I feel in since he’s a cop, I know his shifts are long and crazy, we both have long days so I just feel so silly complaining about nausea.

Gosh, I sound crazy, I’m sorry!
  • @inthewoods23 it’s all about the hip openers! That’s a lot of what I try to do every night before bed. The butterfly pose, Childs pose, squats, and usually some cat/cow for the lower back. And a few leg stretches. 
  • @jessie_95 sounds like you need a new doctor. There's medication you can take for nausea, has she suggested that? Or was it a tried it, didn't work for you either kind of thing? Don't feel bad for whining because you feel like garbage. Maybe someone else has a good suggestion for your nausea that will do the trick! These boards are a wealth of information. I mean, without some of the women I met when I participated on the TTGP board, I wouldn't have known reproductive immunology is a thing and learn from a specific biopsy test that my lining is not receptive without an endo scratch. And poof, here I am. Pregnant and grateful for what I learned from others 😃
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 she’s been a really wonderful doctor, but I have thought of finding a new one within the same practice building for some other reasons, we tried medicine around 16-20 weeks and it didn’t help at all, but I may ask if I can try it again.

Also, to piggyback off @zinnia19 - DO THOSE STRETCHES LADY! Oh my goodness, butterfly pose and cat/cow are so SO heavenly, if fiancé is home I’ve had him press/hard rub my lower back while I’m in those poses too and they make all the difference. Leg stretches too, big fan!

I’ve for sure found so much help and great ideas just in the last 24 hours I’ve been posting and reading here!
  • @jessie_95 there are so many safe meds i'm surprised they haven't been offered.  even doing over the counter unisom+b6 is helpful for a lot of people.  i personally find zofran super helpful for my nausea
  • @inthewoods23 that's how I'm feeling about things at this point.  You have the information, what you choose to do (or not) with it is not my call.  The problem they're having is that no one currently has any idea how to do the vast majority of my job, so last time around they basically just did the absolute bare minimum and left the rest for me to do when I got back from leave.  Not an option this time, so now actual planning will be required.  For various other reasons, we're also already down 1, soon to be 2, more person/people, so it's going to be a general shit show.  
  • @runnergirl2018 i saw so many recommendations online and on here for nausea medication and now I’m getting frustrated my doc didn’t offer them, I’m all for trying holistic/natural approaches to soothe a problem but we’re on 24 weeks of this madness.

Thank you! Will be having a serious convo with doc next week.
  • @jessie_95 I also suffered from long term nausea with both my first and this baby. I was so sick first trimester. Have you tried sea bands? They are the only thing that consistently worked for me to get some relief. I was still nauseous at 25 weeks, but the last two weeks I haven’t been. We’ll see. I was also sick until 24 weeks with my first so there is still hope it will end!! 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @tuxielove93 My fiancé JUST asked me about sea bands this morning! Ordering some as we speak actually. I’ve heard of them but, hadn’t tried them yet. Thank you!

It’s good to see I’m not alone (I know I’m not but, you get it) on this crazy nausea front. Fingers crossed your nausea stays subsided!