July 2022 Moms

What My Pregnant Self is Eating/Crying About - April

Share all the things you're eating and getting emotional about!
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating/Crying About - April

• Last weekend my hubby and I were watching the Netflix show, “Is It Cake?” (which is super entertaining) and every episode I kept craving cake. So we decided to make a vegan chocolate cake with coconut cream frosting. I never make cakes so it was fun, and it really hit the spot! If you want a lighthearted, fun show you gotta watch that one. But make sure you have a supply of cake first 😜
  • @zinnia19 I've watched a couple episodes of that show. Hasn't made me crave cake, but it has made me think about the ice cream we have in the freezer 🤤
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm on vacation in Punta Cana and have been eating fresh fruits like I cant get enough.  😋

On another note; my husband LOVES to dance Bachata, Salsa and Meringue.   I enjoy it but my hips sure can't handle it for that long.  So last night I sat down and he continued on the dance floor just having fun dancing by himself and his nephew by his side.  So this lady about 10 years older than us comes up and starts to salsa with him.  Im like ok whatever and don't get upset or emotional.   But then like 4 songs later she comes back and dances with him again.  This time I lost my shit.  I got so upset and started crying in the lobby of the resort(where the party was).  I interrupted their dance kissed him on the cheek and said im going to our room and stormed off crying.   I dont think I would have acted like that not pregnant  but gosh it had me in shambles.  Once ok twice get outta here.  Lol.  Needless to say; hubby said sorry but said I was over reacting.   Today has been pretty awkward between us and he refuses to go to the dance party tonight.  Ugh men. 
  • Did someone say cake!? I could go for some cake. 
  • @velvetblue88 Darn, sorry that happened! I’m impressed you were able to keep it a secret that long. I’m no good at secrets. You tried your best! Lol “the DNA could have been swapped with someone else’s” 😂. Amazing. 
  • @caymanmel wish I had some advice for you but I don't! I'd probably be mad too but DH doesn't dance so I pretty much will never have this problem.

@lilirunning34 I had cake this weekend for FBIL's birthday and it was not satisfying 😢. It was a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting which I've grown to not care for as it's just too rich for me. The vanilla ice cream though mmmm 😋

@velvetblue88 that's a good amount of time to keep a secret! That's so awesome that YH handled your slip up with jokes. My DH would do that too. Eventually it's not going to matter right? Still sucks in the moment of course!

I bought Pop Tarts recently and 👌 excellent choice. I love when I buy things I haven't had in a really long time. They always hit the spot.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 the pop tarts reminds me of my first trimester choices. For some reason first trimester i always crave frozen toaster strudel pastries for some reason even though i never buy them otherwise and am honestly too scared to look at the ingredients  :D 

I’ve been really into drinkable Chobani yogurt recently. I don’t know why i never tried it before but it’s been an awesome easy snack for me to have at work and i can get away with having it either in between patients or with patients since it’s like drinking something rather than having to sit and eat something and has a good amount of protein. I have a large stockpile!
  • @runnergirl2018 oh man toaster strudels!! I have been eyeing those every time I walk past them in the freezer section ever since I was allowed to have gluten again.

Honestly a glob of frosting would satisfy me too 😂 pastry not necessary
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Lol @runnergirl2018 I had toaster strudels a lot first tri too! Then moved to bagels lol

@velvetblue88 just saw this… ignore my question in the check in thread. I would have skipped long ago… you did great!

I grabbed Chipotle for my husband and me for dinner and we got the new chicken flavor… it’s delicious!!
  • Friday I cried because H told me he was bringing me home Mexican but they forgot my side of queso. Pregnancy hormones were on full blast😅
  • I've been sobbing daily because my youngest daughter is about to turn 1. She took her first steps and I lost it, I fed her a bottle and realized it was one of the last bottles I would ever give her (she's down to 1 bottle at night, and nighttime routine is my husband's thing) and lost it. I just can't believe she's almost 1 and I feel like it's going to be impossible to have enough time and energy to make sure all three of our girls feel loved and no one feels left out. It's so hard, I'm a hormonal sobbing mess these days. She's sleeping on my chest and I don't have the heart to put her in her crib. 
  • jessie_95jessie_95 member
    edited April 2022
    Craving: Iced things! It’s hot here in Southern California so I’ve been craving slushees, the delicious Sonic/Chick-Fil-A ice, popsicles, frozen fruit (ate an entire frozen watermelon on my own in two days).

NOT eating: I’ve noticed there’s a handful of foods that I had no issues with pre pregnancy but in the last two weeks I can’t look at/smell them. Rare steak, chicken and hot dogs are the biggest ones - fiancé is a meat guy, loves to bbq with his buddies but whew, am I mentally doing this to myself? I can’t force him to not eat or buy those foods but I get so sick seeing and smelling them.

Crying/Emotional about: Got home from work yesterday and was just craving a big cup of the Sonic ice (I buy a bag every Friday to have for the week) and fiancé was outside bbqing with work buddies, and had used my bag of sonic ice to ice their beers in the cooler outside. I cried for 30 minutes.

So this is pregnancy hormones huh?
  • Why do pickles smell soooooo BAD to me!? I thought they were supposed to be a common pregnancy craving! Anyone have a pickles craving/aversion?
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @LJMoon6 ive loved pickles since I was a kid and while I haven’t been craving them any more than I was pre pregnancy, I will agree, THE SMELL bothers me now. I still eat them out of the jar but I’ve noticed I can’t stand them warm **gags a bit** OR in any form than a full dill pickle, like if I see my fiancé or a coworker get a burger that had pickles or some kind of sandwich with slices? I don’t know what that’s about.

It’s the vinegar smell I think? Is it ALL pickles for you? Like they have those crazy “spicy/garlic/truffle/etc” flavored ones, do those gross you out too?
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    edited April 2022
    @jessie_95 It's all pickles! But I have only really liked dill pickles before pregnancy anyways. Although a good spicy pickle in a bloody mary sounds really good!
    It's definitely the vinegar smell that's getting me right now.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @LJMoon6 oh what a bummer!! Darn and we’re pregnant at prime bbq/hot weather food eating season that usually involves pickles!

I never hopped on the Bloody Mary train! I always tried to but I think the only time I enjoyed one was after a very, very obnoxious night in Vegas haha. But I’ll take a delicious pickle any time!
  • Lots of fresh fruits for me. Mangoes have been on sale lately and they are sooo good. My 4 year old had me buy him some green and yellow apples to try something new. He likes the green but didn't like the yellow, so now I have some yellow apples to finish off. I forgot how much I like them! (Golden Delicious) Oh. And Chick Fil A's Market salad. Sooo good. 
  • @stardustskies I love fruits, and YUMMM mangoes!! I’ve been obsessed with pears the last week. I’ve been having one (and a golden delicious apple!) every day as a snack it seems.
  • @jessie_95 I have been craving pears but the grocery store doesn't have them in yet. I'm keeping my eye out lol
  • Peanut butter cookies, pasta salad non-stop and lemonade! Cravings of the week haha

Also, for Bloody Mary fans, if you aren't opposed to clam juice (I KNOW, I KNOW) this is the "Canadian" version... curious if anyone has heard of it? I promise it is so good, way better than it sounds! A virgin one would be so good, except I can't even think about it with my heartburn right now. 

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/caesar-cocktail

Maybe @peppylilfoxy can back me up here lol 

• oli9oli9 member
    @courtneyqdk as a former bartender, a Bloody Mary with Clamato is DELICIOUS. I like to dress it up with celery a cocktail shrimp and hot sauce! Yummy