September 2022 Moms

Check-in (for everyone), week of 3/27

2ยป

Re: Check-in (for everyone), week of 3/27

• ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 17 weeks, 4 days, due 9/2 (as of 8 week ultrasound)

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: A pomegranate (one of my favorite fruits!)

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: We are finding out at week 20 ultrasound and I canโ€™t wait!

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 4/18, 20 week ultrasound

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Stomach is very tight and stretchy, always hungry but canโ€™t eat too much at once, stuffy runny nose and waking up around 3:30 / 4:30 am like clockwork every night.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rant: Work is a LOT right now. I love my job, but there are just so many extra things happening this semester, committees, projects, etc. along with all the usual day to day busyness that I always feel like Iโ€™m barely caught up. Iโ€™m sure the pregnancy symptoms arenโ€™t helping either. Rave: My partner rocks and heโ€™s been doing mostly all of the dinner cooking and cleanup this whole pregnancy, all while having his own hectic semester at work.ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: Anyone else here have a thyroidectomy pre-pregnancy? I had one in 2014 and my endocrinologist is on top of it, watching my synthroid dosage, etc. I feel great and donโ€™t anticipate any issues, but anything I should be aware of as due date gets closer, then postpartum, breastfeeding, etc.? The TT groups Iโ€™m part of donโ€™t really talk about pregnancy so I thought Iโ€™d ask here in case anyone else has been there.

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What's your favorite band we've probably never heard of, and why should we be listening to them? Iโ€™m going to bend the rules and say a DJ lol โ€ฆ DJ Relic who plays weeknights at the Zoo Bar in Lincoln, Nebraska! He does a mix of current and 70s / 80s funk and I love when weโ€™re able to catch him for a bit on trips there. Only thing is his set starts at like 9:30 at night and even pre-pregnancy it was a struggle to stay up for that!
  • @runsonoatmeal I feel these symptoms so hard. The night time wake ups are exhausting and the stuffy nose sucks lol. I also relate to your rants and raves!ย 
  • Loading the player...
  • @melyrae good to know Iโ€™m not alone! The insomnia really took me by surprise since Iโ€™d never heard of it before.
  • @runsonoatmeal I have had insomnia with this pregnancy as well- usually taking the form of waking up between 2am-4am. Granted, I have issues with insomnia even when not pregnant, but itโ€™s definitely gotten worse. Youโ€™re not alone!ย 
  • @babez_mom
    There's quite a few of us on this board who have the same #2 problem. My doc told me to take magnesium, a stool softener and a dose of miralax daily. LOTS of water and walks help (hard to get exercise where I live with the winter weather, though). That still hasn't been helping to keep me regular and I'll discuss with my doc again next week when I see her. Good luck! Check things over with your doc, too. They might have different suggestions based on your own personal history.ย 
  • @babez_mom I didnโ€™t notice a pattern with that though I often go only every other day.ย 
    One day last week I became convinced it was because I was not drinking enough water and then was having a lot extra for a few days but still got a headache .. seems to be triggered by anything (driving sometimes, moving my arms too much?, eating or not eating) so weird. On day 3 of no headache now so fingers crossed they are more rare now.ย 
  • @blanket_girl For back pain, a prenatal massage helped me! Also, fire cupping. ๐Ÿ”ฅ

@bigworldlittleg I love BANKS!

Re: postpartum visits. MH and I are resigned to the fact that weโ€™ll need lots of help this time around. Iโ€™m lucky my doula is a good friend; Iโ€™m thinking Iโ€™ll take all the help I can get from her for the first bit. Then one or two weeks of help from my parents, although we donโ€™t have a great relationship so I need to set clear boundaries ahead of time. My in-laws live in a different country, so having them visit would be tricky, which isnโ€™t a bad thing because I donโ€™t like them. I will accept all the help I can get, even though Iโ€™m not enthused about spending time with anyone, especially right after expelling two babies.

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 8/14, 20 weeks

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: a microphone? Thatโ€™s dumb because microphones come in a zillion sizes!

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM & TTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: regular midwife appointment in a couple weeks

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: tired! I went to bed at 8:30 last night. Also, Iโ€™ve been having a pain by my ribs on one side. I had it in my previous pregnancy, so not too worried about it, but itโ€™s annoying.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Went for a prenatal massage and it was SO GOOD! Already booked another one for next month. Also, my doula friend visited and brought me a book called The Holistic Guide to Twin Pregnancy. I read it cover to cover. It was just the info I was looking for! Mentally, Iโ€™m in a much better place than I was a week ago.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: I know those baby walker things are frowned upon these days, but is there an equivalent? Iโ€™m already envisioning the difficulty of having to keep two mobile infants safe, but I do want them to be able to move around at the same time.ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What's your favorite band we've probably never heard of, and why should we be listening to them? Gui Boratto does good electonica, Enrique Bunbury is an incredible Spanish rock star, and Pumarosa does some fantastic alternative.