September 2022 Moms
Options

UO 3/24

What unpopular opinions do you have this week?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: UO 3/24

• Options
    People who need to fear divine retribution to be motivated to be good people are not good people deep down.
  • Options
    @pangolindrome
    I don't think that's an unpopular opinion at all.  Totally agreed.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kboydbowman I live in a very religious area and many people define themselves as good based on being religious but are still highly judgmental and don’t lead with grace and empathy. It bothers me. 
    It’s probably not as unpopular an opinion as I feel like it is, but it’s not exactly something to be spoken out loud either.
  • Options
    @mamamoomoo12
    the ones I hate the most are DH, DS, and DD.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @kboydbowman
    ewwww yes! I hate those. 
  • Options
    @kboydbowman @mamamoomoo12
    i truly still don’t know what those mean and I’m too lazy to check 😂
  • Options
    dear husband, dear son, dear daughter.  sappy and saccharine
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @mamamoomoo12 OMG YES! There are enough acronyms in my life, I don’t need them here too!
  • Options
    I prefer mh but type out my daughter's. Also I've always read dh as darling husband which is even worse than dear husband. 
  • Options
    Dreft is a huge waste of money. Just use any free and clear detergent for the whole family.
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited March 2022
    People who are freaking out about the possibility of staying on daylight savings forever because their kids will have to walk in the dark in the morning REALLY need to investigate how countries that get 4 hours of sunlight every fall/winter manage to keep their kids alive.
    Hint: You teach your kid how to get out of the way of vehicles, give them a headlamp, and put a reflective vest on them for visibility. 
    That being said, I’d rather stay on standard time. My body likes it better. However, I’m sure I’d adjust eventually.
  • Options
    @pangolindrome 100% agree! People complain about it being dark an hr earlier and and I'm like, at least you get to see the sun in December? It's not too bad where we live as it's only below the horizon for 4 weeks and we don't have mountains blocking the sun when it does come up. We had daylight savings this weekend and my daughter slept until 8am (7am) but she had been waking up at 6 or 630 so I'll take it as a win!
  • Options
    @pangolindrome I'm not sure what time school starts for you, but it's definitely dark in the morning here going to school. I've gotten to watch some beautiful sun rises over the mountains from my classroom. 
  • Options
    I don't care whether we go with DST or ST, but I would love for us to pick one and stick with it!
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• Options
    Stroller naps are the best! It's common in Norway anyways to have babies sleep outside. I didn't really have an opinion either way and mostly my daughter has napped in her crib but the last few weeks I've switched to stroller naps and oh my! She went from barely a 1 hr nap to 2 to 2.5 hr nap! Game changer! Also huge plus that I can go to a friend's house or have a friend babysit her and she'll nap anywhere as long as she has her stroller.