2nd Trimester
Options

Recurring BV

Hello! I am new to discussions so please excuse any mistakes in my “lingo”. About a month ago I was given an oral antibiotic to treat Bacterial Vaginosis. I took it for 7 days religiously and all seemed well. I’ve just tested positive again a little over a month later after noticing increased discharge. They are prescribing me another antibiotic to treat the infection. Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with recurring BV during their pregnancy and if so, how was it treated. What sorts of things did you do to prevent reinfection and did it hurt your pregnancy? Thank you for your help!

Re: Recurring BV

• Options
    I’ve tested positive twice now for BV and I’m only 20 weeks. First time I took an antibiotic 3x a day for 7 days, and then the second time I got the same antibiotic but 2x a day for 10 days. Some days I swear I still have it, but others not so much. I have been taking warm baths with lots of Epson salts when I think it’s coming back. My doctor also gave me a swab to do and submit if I think it’s back. I don’t really want to keep taking antibiotics tho, so I feel your frustration.
  • Options
    I started taking cranberry pills and it helped significantly