3rd Trimester

Went on the boat. Bumpy ride coming back.

It was pretty this a.m. when we went out on the boat. Coming back in was a different story. I'd say a solid 5-10 minutes of bumpy, choppy, jerky waters. I'm 31 weeks and 4 days, I feel him moving, but I am super worried about if it causes brain issues. Can it? Definitely won't be going back out on the boat while pregnant. 

Re: Went on the boat. Bumpy ride coming back.

• It was pretty this a.m. when we went out on the boat. Coming back in was a different story. I'd say a solid 5-10 minutes of bumpy, choppy, jerky waters. I'm 31 weeks and 4 days, I feel him moving, but I am super worried about if it causes brain issues. Can it? Definitely won't be going back out on the boat while pregnant. 
    You do realize that baby is protected by amniotic fluid in the womb, right? Your muscles and bones protect baby, also. 

Women run during pregnancy, all the time.  I knew someone who ran a marathon weeks before delivery.  No brain damage to baby.  

The only thing I would be worried about is blunt force trauma- that is something to worry about, not a bumpy boat ride! 

If you are so concerned,  call your doctor office, but I guarentee you they will say thee is no brain damage from a boat ride.  
  • Thanks! First pregnancy here and have very bad anxiety. I'm most definitely calling my doctor when they open up tomorrow just to be safe. Thanks so much!
  • Loading the player...
  • Even if you call, there is nothing that csn be done, except to tell you not to do it again, if it caused that much worry, and to be aware of bleeding or severe cramping.