September 2022 Moms

Product Spotlight Schedule

kboydbowmankboydbowman member
edited February 2022 in September 2022 Moms
(This will likely need to be an announcement, for whoever takes care of that.)

I took this from another BMB and tweaked it slightly - so I am very open to any changes - let me know if there is anything you think should be added, removed, or be done earlier/later.
ProductWeek of
Vitamins14-Feb
Pregnancy books21-Feb
Maternity clothes28-Feb
Pillows/sleep gear7-Mar
Car seats14-Mar
Strollers21-Mar
Cribs, travel cribs, sleeping surfaces28-Mar
Baby carriers4-Apr
Breast pumps and accessories11-Apr
Diaper bags18-Apr
Baby monitors25-Apr
Baby seats/swings/containers2-May
Bottles9-May
Bath time16-May
Bottle warmers23-May
Sound machines30-May
Blankets6-Jun
Diapering13-Jun
Formula20-Jun
Nursery furniture and décor 27-Jun
Nursing clothes, bras4-Jul
Baby apparel11-Jul
Travel accessories18-Jul
Hospital bag essentials &
Postpartum mom essentials
25-Jul
Health and safety1-Aug
Keepsakes and memorabilia8-Aug
Toys/books15-Aug
Teething accessories22-Aug

Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Product Spotlight Schedule

• Loading the player...
  • Agree with @trapperkeeper87 and I would invite everyone, especially FTMs, to ask about any of these products here in this thread at any time, don’t feel obligated to wait until a particular week. I def needed a lot of this information way earlier. For example, I did my registry in like the first trimester haha. Also, fair warning, with Covid, shipping times for lots of things are SO long, and nursery furniture can definitely be one of those things! You may want to give yourself a lot of time. And my last piece of unsolicited advice is that the second trimester is often a time of a lot of energy and feeling like your normal self, whereas third trimester (for some) can be uncomfortable and tiring, especially towards the end, so the more you can get squared away earlier, the better! 
  • Ok, we'll bump up postpartum essentials. Maybe some weeks we'll have more than one topic.  Anybody know how to make this an announcement? @BumpAdmin?
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• I think we can switch them with white noise machines because those are usually used once baby isn’t 1 foot from us at all times 😂
  • @mokay19 wait you don't use yours to drown out all the newborn baby night noises that wake you up? I swear I use mine so I can't hear them more than anything 😂
  • See I was thinking more "soothing sounds" sound machines.
    Current pregnancy -

• @jhysmath sound machines are not for me haha I start hearing screams and voices in the noises 🤣 maybe I’m just crazy!
  • Haha @mokay19 that is an interesting take I have never heard before!! 

I def use white noise religiously from day 1 for all naps and night sleep. 
  • mokay19 said:
    @jhysmath sound machines are not for me haha I start hearing screams and voices in the noises 🤣 maybe I’m just crazy!
    I hate white noise so much! It's distracting to me (I've tried other colors, too; same problem). I get it! My daughter sleeps with the trickling water noise and my husband has to keep the monitor with him in the living room until he comes to bed (an hour after me).
    DD 10/2019
  • I mean, they literally use white noise as a part of torture so I chose to not torture myself 🤣

But to the original question, I just want to express that I agree that post partum products should be earlier on the list haha 
  • I love white noise so much and don’t sleep as well without it, personally. 🤍
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• I use wordless instrumental music to sleep.  I <3 the Calm app.
    Current pregnancy -

• edited March 2022
    Does anyone have any pregnancy pillow recommendations? 

I was looking at the pharmadoc pillow on Amazon but saw warning reviews saying the pillow has a sticker warning on it saying chemical inside May cause birth defects. I don’t even want to risk it. So is there a pregnancy pillow that doesn’t have that type of sticker? 
  • We actually have a thread for that
    Current pregnancy -

• @1stbabydue0912 as @kboydbowman said, there's a thread about pillows. As far as the labels, if you're talking about California's Prop 65 warning, you may or may not want to worry about it. The typical critique of prop 65 warnings is that they're too indiscriminate to be useful. A P65 label could mean a product has a tiny bit of a relatively safe chemical, or that it has a massive amount of a really dangerous chemical.  https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog/what-is-prop-65/ has a bit more information, if you're curious. 

All of that said, you should absolutely do what makes you comfortable. If you decide you'd rather err on the side of caution, you can probably find a few options that don't require a P65 label. If it will keep you from sleeping well or feeling safe, then you should pick another option just for peace of mind!
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• @1stbabydue0912 I got the pharmadoc pillow. After looking into it, it seemed the prop65 warning was required while they did required testing because they’re a California company. They have passed the testing and my pillow did not come with that warning. 
  • @lilienne and @laj0217 Thank you both! That is exactly what I thinking about.