1st Trimester
Options

Morning sickness coping

ztarztrukztarztruk member
edited January 2022 in 1st Trimester
Ok! I know morning sickness is only temporary. But how in the world do you guys get through the day? I know about remedies and how to cope. But seriously how do you keep yourself going? I feel so DRAINED.

Best Answer

• Options
    kenzi49kenzi49 member
    Answer ✓
    I was having 24-7 nausea and not sleeping at night. I am usually one for natural remedies and I tried them all...unfortunately it was not working and I was taking time off work because of feeling so gross. So I finally called my doctor and they recommended a medication (Diclectin) which has made a night and day difference (I'm not a doctor or trying to be... But it is something to ask about if you were looking for that route). I am only planning to take it for a couple weeks and see how we are doing after that. Hope you feel better soon, it is so hard to feel crappy all day. 

Re: Morning sickness coping

• Options
    Just try to eat what you can, no matter what it is,  drink lots of water, and take a nap when you can. It’s not easy in the beginning but it will hopefully pass quickly!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks. I am hoping for the same
  • Options
    It's totally the worst, my first pregnancy and we fought so hard to get to this point and now I'm like dang should've enjoyed it a little more lol
  • Options
    agree! Eat whatever you can and don’t worry about nutrients so much. The baby will take what it needs from your food (and from your prenatal vitamins too). I keep either sweetarts or Altoids by my pillow while sleeping so I can grab one mid nap if I feel nauseated. I’m in week ten and already feeling 10x better. You’ll be over the worst soon!
  • Options
    Last pregnancy, I couldn’t keep anything down at one point. My OB told me to focus on 1/2 & 1/2 Gatorade and water which would hold me over for 24 hr if I couldn’t keep food down. That helped me so much. 
  • Options
    I was drinking ginger tea and eating ginger chews, always has something in my belly, but sensory stimuli would still make me heave. Talked to my nurse midwife and they ordered a specific type of Unisom, plus very low dose of vitamin B6, and it’s been working wonders. Something to ask your practitioner about, in case it’s something they could order for you. I hope you find some relief!
  • Options
    @knottie16e68a63abf016ab thanks for the view from ahead - at 8w3d and 10w isn’t so much longer to deal *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    Thank you. My o.b. did tell me about vitamins B so i am going to try it out..she said i might have heart burn.
  • Options
    I've bought seabands, tea for morning sickness. I found out i have heartburn, which I've never had in my entire life, until now. Its been tough deal with.
  • Options
    Vit b6 , unisom at night, eating small frequent meals , sucking on peppermint candy, napping when I can. I ate a lot of saltine crackers and plain bagels 🤪
  • Options
    Has anyone been taking zofran? I had an as needed prescription before I got pregnant and I know there are mixed reviews about taking it while pregnant. I’ve reached out to my OB but haven’t heard back yet. I’m 6 weeks and I’m sick all day and night. I’m drained. 
  • Options
    morning sickness i was sick for longest time in my adult life and im very sorry to hear that u are going throught a rough time with ur self and morning sickness isnt easy for me trust me i know how it was the day i find out i was going to be throwing up and i did i throw up at 4:00am in the morning until like 9 and 10 in the morning i mean i knew i was pregnant because i was soo sick i had to lay down and rest of the whole time so therefore morning sickness isnt easy trust me i know i had that and now im fine and everything is on track with my pregnancy just give you a little adive about morning sickness
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for sharing your experiences. Ive been prescribed something(cant remember what its called) but I only take it occasionally when i really need it. I've taken lots off days of work, because it just has been taking a toll on me. Still struggling through days. I've cried to my husband a number of times, just how awful i am feeling 
  • Options
    Are you starting to feel any better? I had a horrible first trimester too...details in my blog post below. I'm still on Zofran at 15 weeks to help me keep food and water down, but the nausea is finally starting to fade. Hoping that continues and sometime this month I can kick the Zofran and enjoy the 2nd trimester before all the "fun" 3rd trimester symptoms kick in.
    https://www.mommaforreal.com/post/the-many-many-not-so-fun-symptoms-of-pregnancy-and-how-to-manage-them
  • Options
    I have been increasingly nauseated 24/7. I’ve barely had relief.I’ve tried sea bands, ginger, crackers… you name it. I did find that yesterday and today if I squeeze a bunch of fresh lemon juice in cold water and sip it constantly I feel kind of better. Not fine but better. Just wanted to share!
  • Options
    I am starting to feel somewhat better. I am in my 13th week, i still have some symptoms, just not as severe. I still take what they prescribed occasionally. Some throw up, not as much.  Thank goodness!! Feel extremely tired though, growing a baby is hard work.
  • Options
    How long did it take for this to kick in and give you relief? 
  • Options
    I'm at my 9th week and feel nausea and even barf almost once daily. I have been prescribed onda but only take it when necessary (not daily). Chewing peppermint gum helps but only temporary. Nothing else works for me except for onda. 

I'm hoping it'll be over soon because it's the worse to feel like this all the time and throw up daily.