May 2022 Moms

GTKY Tuesday 3/1

HAPPY MARDI GRAS!!! πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’›
So in celebration of Mardi Gras, let’s talk about costumes. What has been the greatest/best/most epic costume you’ve ever worn? As a kid, adult, couple? For Halloween, a special event, or a costume party?Β 
Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 

Re: GTKY Tuesday 3/1

• I’m terrible at costumes but my most memorable was dressing up as a conehead for Halloween when I was probably in 3rd grade or so. My parents gave me like $30 because they had worn these costumes at one point and didn’t have to pay for a new costume πŸ˜† I looked like a walking penis. I die when I see pictures.Β 

When DH and I were dating, we dressed up as bourbon & coke. I painted t shirts with β€œlabels” and even though they were stiff as a board, I was proud at how they turned out because I’m pretty much the least artistic person on earth.Β 

• sph97sph97 member
    Mine was Stevie Nicks for a costume party a few years ago! I absolutely loved it and I haven’t work anything as awesome since lol. My husband and I also went as the thornberry’s one year and it turned out super cute!Β 
  • Loading the player...
  • My favorite costume as a kid was my Care Bear costume. Cheer Bear! It was one of those classic 80’s vinyl plastic bag looking things with the crazy full plastic freaky mask with tiny eye and nose slits, but I wanted to wear it every day all day.Β 
    DH and I dressed as Daenerys and Jon Snow from Game of Thrones this year for Halloween. Our white GSD is named Ghost so it was pretty fitting and fun costumes for us πŸ˜‚
    Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 
  • When I was younger (elementary/middle school)I always dressed up with my dog, Dudley, every Halloween. He was a fluffy brown mid-sized mutt who loved everything! We were Christopher Robin and Winnie the Pooh one year, I was a Jedi and he was Darth Vader one year (complete with a homemade helmet that he tolerated for longer than expected), and one year he was my valiant steed and I was a knight. He was such a good dog! Thanks for taking me down this memory hole!
  • My husband and I were teenage mutant ninja turtles one year, when I was pregnant with DD he was Cat in the Hat, I was Thing 1 and my "belly" was Thing 2, we were Ghostbusters and DD was Slimer for her first Halloween, and this past year we were all Koroks from the Zelda video games.
  • My favorite costume as a kid was when i was a bride! I’m taking full dress, veil, bouquet and pretty shoes.
  • @taylorharris0522 I LOVE dogs in costume!! There’s an entire dog parade here for Mardi Gras called Mardi Paws where dogs dress up with their owners and it is literally the best thing ever!!!!Β 
    @skydiverchick92 I’ve always wanted to do some cool family costumes and we never have yet 😭
    @And846 that’s exactly what DD dressed up as last year and she was OBSESSED!!Β 
    @b_1029 omg Coneheads!! Totally forgot about that movie LOL!!Β 
    @sph97 Stevie Nicks had to be an epic costume!Β 
  • @karisahamdi AMAZEBALLS!!Β 
  • @MrsLaLaBug thank you!! They were so much fun.Β 
  • I went to theatre school in university, so we pretty much had costume parties every other weekend. One of my favourites was dressing up with DH (then BF) and our roommate as Yacko, Wacko, and Dot from the Animaniancs. I also dressed up as Gadget from the Rescue Rangers one halloween and made a giant wrench out of cardboard and duct tape. So I guess 90's cartoons are my thing?
  • Also to add i was in a sorority in college and every even was a β€œtheme”
    Rockstars, Pimps and Hoes, margaritaville, 20s, gi joe and Barbie…
  • Y’all make me feel lame lol. I was on the costume crew for our theater program in high school (it was a top program on the east coast, so like really detailed costumes) and made or worked on a ton of amazing pieces for shows like The Wiz, West Side Story, Singing in the Rain, etc. but I never dress up πŸ˜‚ even in college, I’d put the bare minimum into dressing up for costume parties or events if I even did anything. I guess I wore myself out early on in my costume days lolΒ 
  • I put so much effort into making my kids Halloween dreams come true that I don't even do costumes for myself. I don't really have any good ones for myself. This past year I made a Sonic the Hedgehog costume and an Easter Bunny Costume, and then bought myself one of those twin skeleton fetus shirts for myself lol
    Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13Β 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • Made it but haven't worn it yet! I handmade a Spider-Gwen costume, I'm actually really proud of it. I was gonna wear it this year for the Renaissance Festival' "heroes and villains" weekend but, alas I could no longer fit in it with a belly lol it is a pretty form fitting suit.
  • These were some of my best. I do a lot of FX makeup, as well as theater makeup and historical costuming.Β 
    First was Elphaba, then I did a walker from TWD, then I did the broken doll.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker