May 2022 Moms

Moving to a Private Group

13»

Re: Moving to a Private Group

• Question about FB- we talked a little about participation “rules” once we get over there, but do we have to post our full name? I don’t have FB so I’d be making a fake account just for this group, and I’m still not comfortable posting personal information (like full name and location) online but I’d love to support you guys and receive support, just like I’ve been doing here!
    I’ve never done this before, so what’s normal? 
  • @brookejay06 we have someone with a fake FB account in my BMB. They don't want friends/family to find them on FB so they don't use their name. But I think she told us her actual real name. 

We also have someone who rarely (practically never, maybe only one in all 3+ yes) shares pictures of herself, and it's not a big deal. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @brookejay06 in my first BMB we had one girl with a fake account bc she didn’t want to share her full name or location. She did however share pictures, stories, and other info as she felt comfortable. It never bothered anyone, and personally won’t bother me if that makes you comfortable and keeps you with us!!! 

• b_1029b_1029 member
    edited February 2022
    @brookejay06 I have no issue with creating a fake fb profile just for this but for me personally it would weird me out a bit to not know someone’s real name that I’m sharing my personal info with and interacting with on a daily basis. 
    ETA I don’t mean having a fb with your real name, but more just that we know what your name is. Idk if that makes sense and maybe I’m just paranoid 
  • annashafannashaf member
    edited February 2022
    Let’s get outta here asap!! But also hover for a while for those who aren’t moving or have life to deal with and aren’t seeing these messages! ♥️
  • @brookejay06 whatever your comfortable with! Personally, I'll probably "open up" more on facebook since it will be a private group and not a public platform.
  • @brookejay06 would you be comfortable sharing your first name over on the group? Not even as your profile name if that’s not comfortable for you, but I agree with the others - there’s no requirement as to how much personal info you share! My accounts are all locked down tight so I get it
  • So I’ve been MIA for multiple reasons but if possible I’d love to join the fb group I’m more active on there. It would be easier for me to keep up with everyone.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• @itsagalsworls1024 hope everything is ok 
  • I won’t be joining Facebook, but after y’all move I’d love it if you’ll “hover” as @annashaf said so that I can still feel slightly connected at least for a bit. I love the resources you all have provided throughout this pregnancy. 
  • @taylorharris0522 I’m gonna be a sad panda without you on FB! But I understand. 💜

• @taylorharris0522 agreed, you will be missed! I’ll still be around once we make the official move; I’m in a PG on here that I check daily. 
  • @taylorharris0522 im a big lurker so I'll be around a bit as well!
  • Yeah I have a PG I check daily so I'll lurk around  <3
  • So, how is the move happening? Was a decision made on this? I don’t wanna miss it!! 
  • @b_1029 thank you babe has the bp playing games had some in expected triage visits. On to of life I just don’t get on here as much to keep up with all of you ladies then I feel guilty it’s been so long and I’m out of the loop. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Did I miss the move?  :/ Or is just a quiet Monday around here?  We were hit with a wave of sickness last week and wasn't able to check-in very much so I'm worried I missed it!