1st Trimester
Options

Boobs!

Ok my boobs are killing me and feel so big already at almost 6 weeks. Any tips and tricks to help the pain/ any bra recommendations?? 

Re: Boobs!

• Options
    @mamamoomoo12 Have your husband stand behind you in the evening and just GENTLY hold them for like 10-15 minutes.  Take all the weight and pressure off of your back.  It's glorious.  But ensure he GENTLY let's them go (and just doesn't drop them).  (of course, I also have VERY large chesticles so, it helped me).
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Options
    totally doing this tonight-- I feel like I've gained 10lbs in my boobs over these first weeks! Its wild lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine grew so much too and I’m not even 5 weeks. It was the reason I took a test in the first place
  • Options
    The best bra I have been able to find is from Mommas Shop. They are all over social media and will for 3 or 4 bras for $39.95. The bras expand with you and are really comfy!
  • Options
    Yes omg so heavy. Any not first time moms ever experience a letdown feeling in first trimester? I definitely just felt that sensation which was surreal. I've been going bra less any chance I can but might need to change that. Sigh 
  • Options
    @counselormama yes I felt this with this pregnancy, my third. It has been wild. I usually wear a bra and notice it more when I take it off at night. 
  • Options
    Get a head of cabbage and place cold leaves in your bra. It really helps. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    counselormamacounselormama member
    edited February 2022
    @peytonpedro Ok good to know that can happen cuz I thought I was going crazy or imagining things. 
  • Options
    Standing under the warm water in the shower at night has helped relieve some of that discomfort. The heaviness and soreness is real though!
  • Options
    @mamamoomoo12 check out handful bras - they are made by women. So comfortable. I have been told that wearing compression bras/sports bras help with pain and friction. And for me it does. So far handful is my favorite bc you can get sports bra comfort with out feeling smashed in a more every day version. I am smaller chested but know others who swear by them too.